• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So the new Sonic movie trailer just dropped, but what is far more exciting is Sega's new logo treatment!

In it, the camera zooms out from Sonic to reveal the full logo, but in those few frames in-between we get to see what modern Sega considers it's most iconic games.

f8DfM0Y.jpg

There's several Sonic games naturally, but there's also Space Harrier, Golden Axe, Shining Resonance Refrain, Space Channel 5, Sakura Wars, NiGHTS, Shenmue, and of course, Nugget the chicken from Yakuza 0.

Here's a slightly more zoomed in frame which features less but is clearer:

6FnGVEC.jpg

It's unclear at the moment if this will replace the weird eyeball logo they've been using recently but here's hoping it at least shows up before the movie proper, so we can finally say Fantasy Zone appeared in a major motion picture.

There are quite a few games I don't recognize too, so shout 'em out!

OP
OP
Rotobit

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the quick Rhythm Thief fix, mods!

Does anyone know where the Nagoshi still is from?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My twitter was going nuts because Puyo Puyo was on there lol

Rhythm Thief deserved a sequel goddamnit.

OP
OP
Rotobit

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Here are the last two, very blurry frames for what it's worth:

Y2uRUfn.jpg

0uT1eqc.jpg

I can make out Sonic Adventures 1 & 2 in the first one but that's kinda it

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Nagoshi is apparently also one of Sega's classic franchises. It isn't up for Nagoshiation.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
Finally, years after the DVD release, Shenmue: The Movie gets it's silver screen debut

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Rhythm Thief was unexpectedly great and deserves more games, an anime and an amusement park atleast.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Rhythm Thief?! In 2019?!

(Great idea for a game, incredibly lacking execution, they could've left it off)

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
That pic reminded me when Sega used to put screenshots of their games at the back of their console box. Very off topic haha but I completely forgot about that until now. Thanks for the nostalgia.

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy to think that Sega has so many awesome IP's and never uses them. They really need to outsource to other developers to get some new games.

Knuf

Oct 28, 2017
Very nice seeing Shinobi, Altered Beast, Golden Axe and Space Harrier all in there, but where the fuck is Outrun? :(

EDIT- Welp, maybe it's that pink blurry mess on the bottom right?