• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Binary Domain 2, where this time all but one of the characters is a french robot.

1451160182091.gif

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I would love Binary Domain 2, that would be an RGG game and they already have a conference set for 29th so if we were to get BD2 (really really doubtful) that would be the place to announce it not GC.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing it is Sonic of Duty aka a FPS where you are sonic and kill other sonic things with guns or Sonic Royal. A Battleroyal with no weapons. You have to do the charge up roll to knock people out of the game.

...I'm all in for Sonic of Duty.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
Apparently, Relic has two teams and the third one is planed too. So Company of Heroes 3 is probable.
Ah, I totally forgot they had Relic. That does seem possible.
Seems unlikely they'd announce a Japanese game at gamescom. But then again the console market is almost completely western centric at this point, so who knows. It might also be an external dev collaboration.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Could it be an "AAA" release by being A release of Yakuza 3, A release of Yakuza 4, and A release of Yakuza 5 from their remastered versions?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Any possibility it'll be VCV?
It could conceivably be a VC3 remake, since Media.Vision was hiring for something that sounded just like it in early 2017. Doubtful though.

A new Shining game from them is more likely, since they ported Refrain, etc. Not sure they'd call that AAA.

... Watch it be the CA title anyway.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Realistically, it'll either be something from Relic or Amplitude.

But it'd be cool if Atlus' new RPG was confirmed for PC right off the bat, and GamesCom would be the best place to make a PC-themed announcement.

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
It could conceivably be a VC3 remake, since Media.Vision was hiring for something that sounded just like it in early 2017. Doubtful though.

A new Shining game from them is more likely, since they ported Refrain, etc. Not sure they'd call that AAA.

... Watch it be the CA title anyway.
I'd be very happy if it's either VC2 or 3 or both got ported to current gen console. But realistically, they aren't AAA title. Maybe AA max.

Most probably western title for the triple A title.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Meanwhile, some Walmart employees are taking matters into their own hands and have organized a strike to stop gun sales.

EDIT: replied in the wrong thread. sorry.

Last edited:

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I think of AAA wrong but I don't feel like SEGA have released a AAA game for long long time.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
while informative... wrong thread?
Oops, disregard! You're correct...it was meant for another thread. :)

Edit: But to stay on topic, as an old school Sega fan I look forward to whatever they have to announce. My personal wish list: I'll take anything on Jet Set Radio (pretty please) and Panzer Dragoon series (besides the already announced remasters).

Last edited:

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but I have a feeling it's going to be another strategy game, especially since it's being announced in Europe. Not that I'm opposed to that or anything.

Binary Domain 2 would be awesome, but that wouldn't be a Gamescom reveal IMO.

I'm quietly confident that it'll be a game from Relic, possibly Company of Heroes 3.

Nah they're working on AOE 4, though that'd be dope.