• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Vanillaware?

Vanillaware!!!!
I've been asking for this for years. I don't know why hasn't happened yet. While Dragon's Crown runs really well on RPCS3, i would love to have the game on Steam with proper online support and achievements. One of my favorite games ever!

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
This is old news at this point. There's a thread here:

www.resetera.com

Sega Emphasizes PC & Console Ports After Persona 4 Golden Success, Talking With Platform Holders for New Games [Persona Central] News

Q: “Persona 4 the Golden” has been selling well on Steam, but do you have any plans to sell newly released games on Steam as well? A: We remastered “Persona 4 the Golden”, a title previously sold on the PlayStation Vita, and released it for sale on Steam this fiscal year. Because of the game’s...

GamesIndustry.biz is publishing an article now because the official English Q&A was just posted: https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/library/pdf/settlement/2021/1q_main_qa_e_final.pdf
Yes the overall idea is not new, but from the looks of it the main difference being that at least in this article it uses the word "aggressively". I don't know to much about PR and investor meetings and all of that but that just seems like they are going to be more serious about it.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yes the overall idea is not new, but from the looks of it the main difference being that at least in this article it uses the word "aggressively". I don't know to much about PR and investor meetings and all of that but that just seems like they are going to be more serious about it.

No it's literally old news. It's the same exact Q&A referenced in the thread I linked.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take all the Atlus and Vanillaware games they can put out.

Would love to see JSRF, Skies of Arcadia, Otogi, and PD Orta too.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are we one step closer to getting Phantasy Star Nova localized...or is that still never going to happen? I'd be fine with a PC port, switch port, belated Vita edition, anything.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
It would be nice to have that FIst of the North Star game published by SEGA as well

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I S H I N
S
H
I
N
819DIkQWL2L._SL1253_.jpg

Yosha

Aug 2, 2019
Give us Sonic Colors and the Taxman remakes of Sonic 1 & 2 for PC please SEGA I fucking beg of YOU

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Etrian Odyssey PC finally.

YO the Virtual On collection for PC would be hype!

gnoclaude

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
"Significantly higher than expected" lol. People have begged them for ports for a decade and they had no clue a massive install base of gamers would buy amazing games? How out of touch is Sega? Oh well, better late than never. I bought it to support more SMT and Persona ports. I'm hoping for SMT4 on steam.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
"Significantly higher than expected" lol. People have begged them for ports for a decade and they had no clue a massive install base of gamers would buy amazing games? How out of touch is Sega? Oh well, better late than never. I bought it to support more SMT and Persona ports. I'm hoping for SMT4 on steam.
IMO the "poeple beging for ports" isn't the worse part. The worse part is having some of the highest sold games on steam (total war and football manager) AND some of the highest played games on steam. For example 3 kingdoms DLC o pre-order is on the top sold steam games trading blows with horizon zero dawn. A DLC pre-order, think about that.
Yet they never took the time to see if the costumers there were interested in more IPs.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
For clarity, Sega Sammy was always happy with the performance of their domestic games on Steam. They just never seen it as their primary platform.

But now that COVID-19 has halted some of their plans for upcoming titles, Steam has no choice but to become more of a priority for Sega.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OK Sega. You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? Release the rest of the Yakuza series already!!! They said the same shit when those games did really well on PC and then they just stopped after Kiwami 2. It's time Sega!