• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Persona 3 could be one. There's no definitive version of that game, after all, and a small-budget remake folding all the exclusives from FES and P3P together would finally solve that problem. Sega would have no problem greenlighting it after P4G moved way more copies on PC than they expected.

FES & P3P are both old enough that a remake that combined the advantages of both would basically have to be made from scratch at this point. You're not going to spend so much money on a game that looks like a PS2 title, so if they do ever remake Persona 3, I expect that they'll go all out and give it a serious budget and make it look like Persona 5.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter when they spread out these remasters along different platforms. Why is P4 Golden on PC and not PS4/Switch/Xbox? Why is SMT 3 HD on Switch /PS4 and not on Xbox/PC? Expand beyond the bubble? They barely invest in the bubble right now.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Actually...Persona 3 might be the hardest. They might do a remake as opposed to a remaster.

Just modify the Persona 3 Dancing assets to create the definitive Persona 3 experience, job done.

Say what you want about Capcom and re4 being ported to everything but I like ports and remaster. Fuck it man, give me sonics colors and skies of Arcadia ports on everything.

Sega needs a dedicated PC port division at this point. They talk about supporting the PC market but they can definitely do a better job at that.

They keep saying this, but where are the results.

How can one company be so damn oblivious to money?

Atlus has had creative autonomy from Sega ever since people demanded that Sega should not interfere with Atlus when the former acquired the assets of Index Corporation.

Seems as though Sega and Atlus are starting to be more unified with their goals udging from this press release.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
xcuJ15H.png

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
FES & P3P are both old enough that a remake that combined the advantages of both would basically have to be made from scratch at this point. You're not going to spend so much money on a game that looks like a PS2 title, so if they do ever remake Persona 3, I expect that they'll go all out and give it a serious budget and make it look like Persona 5.

True but a lot of assets were already created for P3D.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
For the love of all that is holy, just release P4G and P3 FES (or Portable) on all modern platforms already.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
if you put your game on more than one platform there's a good chance it results in more sales for that game, strange how it works, but hey we live in a crazy world.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
*people scream at them for years to port Persona to PC*

"Wow, we can't believe it did so well. Theres a demand there we didn't know we had."

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they say the same thing months ago? I expect Sega will say the same thing 4 months from now while...hardly releasing anything on the PC. Maybe Yakuza Remaster Collection during that time and they will be surprised it's a success.

Though I guess a version of Persona 3 was rumored to come to PC, supposedly.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
As always, I'll just beg for more Growlanser. I'd love to play a version of Growlanser IV that isn't shackled to my somewhat unreliable PSP.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
So what happened with the HD Nocturne? I see lots of dismayed posts here but no specifics. Looked up some footage and it looked pretty good to me.

Also Persona 2 on PC or PS4 pls.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Its at times like this that I get super sad that SMT IV, the devil survivor games and Strange Journey will probably be forever stuck on the 3DS.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Haven't they been saying this every other month since release? Maybe I am imagining things. I could easily see MS working to get the game on PC gamepass.

MegaApple

Jun 20, 2020
India
Reiterating what they had previously said, just in their investor call this time.

I will believe this only when I see it. And that too with a sensible regional pricing.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Sega to drag Atlus further into the 21st century, kicking, screaming, and clawing. Hopefully this pans out well.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Stop saying you're going to do so every few months and just bloody do it already!

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
A Steam release of Persona 5: Royal seems like a no-brainer, but I wouldn't hold it against them (SEGA/Altus) for taking their time to bringing it over, if SMT: Nocturne HD was any indication.

In general, I want most of Altus' catalogue to be available in some capacity across the board, but they'll probably prioritize a remake of Persona 3 (which would be a perfect mid-gap as P6 is in development) & a PC port of P5: Royal with graphical options (60FPS/120FPS & 4K).

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Cannot wait for an HD port of Shin Megami Tensei IV, they could add the QoL improvements of Apocalypse to make SMT IV even greater than it is.

I hope they start working on remakes of SMT, SMT II and SMT IF. These games have not aged well.
Same with Persona 1 and the P2 duology, as long as they do not add social links and keep the soundtrack untouched. I know many of you like social links, but these 3 games are not prepared to have them, and adding them would mean changing them completely, better to invest on a new Persona game instead of creating a mess with the old ones.

By the way, did they confirm if they are working on a patch to fix the issues in Nocturne HD? Let's see if we can get a proper release in the west.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
That's good they've finally learned this it has been obvious to everyone else for a long time

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People told me no one wants to play old ports, they even specifically mentioned P4G.

Great news for PC though, lots of interesting possible ports.