• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I wouldn't mind a new design, but it definitely needs to be a combination of the two. They cannot get rid of what made Sonic so appealing in the first place.
His original design is classic but aged same as the early Mario depictions. His modern design is still too rooted in the era in which they tried to evoke an "Extreme, Teen, Anime" vibe like Ultimate Spider-man for instance. It got better after Unleashed and it's the best design yet but I really felt the opportunity with Sonic Boom to actually create a new iconic look, whether that would be like Paper Mario or the Cartoon Network version of Teen Titans, but they missed because they had conservative people in the management at Sonic Team that said "Oh no, it doesn't look like the current designs at all, this is bad!"

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
How about we let both exist and just hope they make a good game?

Getting rid of modern Sonic, who for a lot of us is THE Sonic, won't suddenly improve the games.

I swear I hate these 'just git rid of modern Sonic" takes. Pure short sighted selfishness.
Every time someone is like only sonic 123k is good I roll my eyes right out my skull. Its just as bad as Sonic was never good crowd in how brain dead a take it actually is.

Sonic Advance 1-3 and Sonic Rush 1-2 were perfectly fine games with plenty of platforming goodness but people brush them aside citing lol boost, or not like the classics without engaging those games on their own terms.

You're both wasting your time. Let him live in his little deafening echo chamber.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see how Sonic's leadership is going.

........eh still preferable to Trump.
EMwnaqsX0AACtjJ.jpg

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
His original design is classic but aged same as the early Mario depictions. His modern design is still too rooted in the era in which they tried to evoke an "Extreme, Teen, Anime" vibe like Ultimate Spider-man for instance. It got better after Unleashed and it's the best design yet but I really felt the opportunity with Sonic Boom to actually create a new iconic look, whether that would be like Paper Mario or the Cartoon Network version of Teen Titans, but they missed because they had conservative people in the management at Sonic Team that said "Oh no, it doesn't look like the current designs at all, this is bad!"

Yeah. I particularly like what they have going on with both designs at the moment, but if they are going to redesign the cast, SOA needs to take the lead and all the branches of SEGA need to be on board with it.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I want the crazy spin-offs back.

Sonic Chronicles 2: Sonic Effect - Continuation of the series, exploring more planets. Your choices from the first game carry over but end up being ultimately meaningless.

Sonic Storybook 3: Sonic of the Wild - Sega uses the success of Switch and Zelda to finally return to their beloved Sonic Storybook series. Except instead of being on-rails, it's open world.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine World - Mobile match-3 puzzle game, 'cause why not.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i feel like this reading the tea leaves and then disregarding that to write fan fiction over a pretty boilerplate looking "twitter brand rings in the new year with generic art + messaging" tweet the same way yall decided the first remix the sonic youtube posted for their weekly remix series they did for a bit was evidence a Sonic Adventure remake was being announced

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I'm legit wondering what excuse there gonna have to not just kill Eggman after all this is fixed because even if Sonic still isn't for it you know Espio, Shadow, Whisper, heck probably even Cream at this point will be lining up to get him.
"We'll be no better than he is!"
"Let's just send him to an alternate dimension"
On an unrelated note, I know Tails says Eggman tech is tricky but they should have tried reprogramming Metal Sonic.

Oct 27, 2017
Every time someone is like only sonic 123k is good I roll my eyes right out my skull. Its just as bad as Sonic was never good crowd in how brain dead a take it actually is.

Sonic Advance 1-3 and Sonic Rush 1-2 were perfectly fine games with plenty of platforming goodness but people brush them aside citing lol boost, or not like the classics without engaging those games on their own terms.
I've played those games. And no, they're not perfectly fine games, they're absolutely forgettable, devoid of any kind of challenge or good level design. They're endless series of loops and grind rails, the McDonald's of sonic games.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well

I guess congrats to those that still look forward to a new game by Sonic Team. I'll look out for the OST as usual but all interest in their games are now zero.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit wondering what excuse there gonna have to not just kill Eggman after all this is fixed because even if Sonic still isn't for it you know Espio, Shadow, Whisper, heck probably even Cream at this point will be lining up to get him.
Eggman will be long gone before the arc ends that' how.

"We'll be no better than he is!"
"Let's just send him to an alternate dimension"
On an unrelated note, I know Tails says Eggman tech is tricky but they should have tried reprogramming Metal Sonic.
This whole arc " Killing him would make us the same"

" But he's a dictator sonic, he's a dictator that continues to try and take over the world and this will only end badly. "

" you are the same as him shadow, "

Months pass

"Why did this end so badly "

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they cater to their strengths and make:

Sonic Mania 2
Sonic Generations 2
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed remaster
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed 2

If they're feeling confident maybe a Sonic Adventure 3 but I feel like those listed are the ones most Sonic fans really enjoyed and gravitated to.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eggman will be long gone before the arc ends that' how.

This whole arc " Killing him would make us the same"

" But he's a dictator sonic, he's a dictator that continues to try and take over the world and this will only end badly. "

" you are the same as him shadow, "

Months pass

"Why did this end so badly "
To be fair pretty much everyone is calling Sonic out on this.
sth24_pr-6-copy.jpg

Village

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair pretty much everyone is calling Sonic out on this.
sth24_pr-6-copy.jpg
Not enough, I hope one of them actually says " Yeah because he's a dictator and he keeps doing the same thing " . This whole arc has been weird for me because this story does not work because eggman being a robo fascist brings a different context than say I dunno, silver predicting some rando will end the world in the future and the heroes arguing over what to do. With eggman he's a murderous dictator and even with missing memories that's really easy to justify him being dead. Sonic tries to compare him to shadow, but shadow in SA2 was effectively brainwashed for most of that game. Abused by his creator(s) , I hope shadow calls him out for that.

But it is nice to see they have started to . The best part was Sonic was like

" eggman you can be good "

And eggman was like " Maybe? Eh no I don't wanna " and sonic is just baffled at how someone could just be that mean despite the guy having been that mean for all the time he's known him.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
But it is nice to see they have started to . The best part was Sonic was like

" eggman you can be good "

And eggman was like " Maybe? Eh no I don't wanna " and sonic is just baffled at how someone could just be that mean despite the guy having been that mean for all the time he's known him.
I found that pretty cool honestly. Even as he recalled his time as Mr.Tinker it was nice to see Sonic try to convince him. But Sonic has dealt with Eggman for I assume most of his life(?). The dude will never change unless brainwashed or given amnesia. But storywise, Eggman will always have to live.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Make Adventure 3. Still was the best format for 3D Sonic imo.
Also bring back the Chao Garden.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I found that pretty cool honestly. Even as he recalled his time as Mr.Tinker it was nice to see Sonic try to convince him. But Sonic has dealt with Eggman for I assume most of his life(?). The dude will never change unless brainwashed or given amnesia. But storywise, Eggman will always have to live.
No I thought that was coool too.

It was just funny. The only time eggman helps is when it saves his own ass. Its an interesting perspective for sonic for sonic to think that eggman was doing it because of some inherent goodness. Then have that broken down and destroyed infront of him. I think that a lot of the forced drama zombieifcations have long since got old . But that, that was some good shit

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people want another 3D Sonic when 95% of them have been awful?
Some of you guys aren't excatly good gamblers are you?

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
I have no faith in Sonic team making a new sonic game...let them do puyo puyo tetris 2 and let other dev do a new 3d sonic but this time give them a budget and time.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
I'm calling it. Evening Star is making the 3D 'skate park' style Sonic game we should've gotten at some point.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I do not get the obsession with Adventure 3 as if such a name would instantly mean quality.

Like, Sonic '06 felt like a natural evolution of that, and we all know how that panned.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
If there's no Mania 2 I don't care. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Mighty, Ray, Amy... Hell, bring Classic Blaze and divorce her from Modern Sonic since all they do with her is make her Silver's sidekick.
yysCiIu.jpg

Worst case scenario: Sonic Team tries to make their own Classic Sonic game and it still plays like Sonic Rush/Generations/Forces.

Last edited: