• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I get that people like to joke about mobile stuff, but this is 100% a console and PC game. Probably Xbox/PlayStation/PC.

The Creative Assembly devs that split from SEGA were supposedly making an original IP that was a spiritual successor to Alien Isolation. I never figured SEGA would sign them up, but this could be that. Their only other games were pretty small though, so I think it would be kind of crazy for SEGA to give something like this an AAA budget considering none of their Japanese games except maybe Shin Sakura Taisen get that kind of money.

Their games: https://www.nocodestudio.com/ The website has somewhat similar aesthetics to these promos.

The only other thing that makes sense to me is Relic. Age of Empires IV has been MIA for awhile and Xbox Game Studios has built their own internal studio just for that franchise in the meantime so perhaps they were moved off that project?

Sep 28, 2018
I get that people like to joke about mobile stuff, but this is 100% a console and PC game. Probably Xbox/PlayStation/PC.

The Creative Assembly devs that split from SEGA were supposedly making an original IP that was a spiritual successor to Alien Isolation. I never figured SEGA would sign them up, but this could be that. Their only other games were pretty small though, so I think it would be kind of crazy for SEGA to give something like this an AAA budget considering none of their Japanese games except maybe Shin Sakura Taisen get that kind of money.

Their games: https://www.nocodestudio.com/ The website has somewhat similar aesthetics to these promos.

The only other thing that makes sense to me is Relic. Age of Empires IV has been MIA for awhile and Xbox Game Studios has built their own internal studio just for that franchise in the meantime so perhaps they were moved off that project?

I believe Relic has at least 2 full dev teams within their company.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
That's near where Lucy was found according to google. Maybe it'll be a Civilization-like kind of game where you follow humanity all the way since its origins up to the modern era?

I'm betting It's something about finding something in Ethiophia that connects to the dawn of Man or something. Something, something bad guys use it to become immortal or something. Something very Neon Gensis: Evangelion.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Phantasy Star V: Humankind

Phantasy Star: Darkness Rising.

A prequel to Phantasy Star I - see what happened to the younger King Lassic as a new religion from another galaxy came to Algol.

iPUi85S.jpg

It would have to have a refreshingly deep story and plot, unlike all other phantasy star games (traditional RPGs, PSO, PSU, PSO2, side games, etc).

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018
So what we know so far:

1) This game is almost certainly the game SEGA trademarked a while ago called 'Mankind'

2) The heartbeat clue, showing a human heartbeat. Furthers the idea that this game revolves around humanity.

3) The eye with light rays clue, I believe this could be The Eye of Providence, It represents the eye of God watching over humanity This could point to it being some kind of 'God Game' akin to Black&White

4) The thread of DNA, the building blocks of life... Perhaps in this game, we create human life or alter it?

5) The coordinates pointing to the place the earliest human has been found. At this point, we can be pretty sure the theme of this game is something to do with the creation of humanity.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
So what we know so far:

1) This game is almost certainly the game SEGA trademarked a while ago called 'Mankind'

2) The heartbeat clue, showing a human heartbeat. Furthers the idea that this game revolves around humanity.

3) The eye with light rays clue, I believe this could be The Eye of Providence, It represents the eye of God watching over humanity This could point to it being some kind of 'God Game' akin to Black&White

4) The thread of DNA, the building blocks of life... Perhaps in this game, we create human life or alter it?

5) The coordinates pointing to the place the earliest human has been found. At this point, we can be pretty sure the theme of this game is something to do with the creation of humanity.
I got it! Spore 2!

(it'd be cool)

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
That releases in 9 days btw :P
Yeah I know, but tons of games have been rebranded and then delayed super late in development.

An absolute TON of things line up with this game, but the fact that the official Twitter has been promoting the game still has me beliving it is pretty unlikely this is the game. It probably would have gone dark months ago if SEGA picked it up.

Suzuki Yu

Oct 25, 2017
Jeddah
Ancestors is not even an AA game let alone AAA.
and it was showcased in multiple occasions and this reveal is supposed to be a first look into the new game.

I still find it highly unlikely that this project is by a 3rd party developer.
Its either SEGA JAPAN or Relic.
Based on the registration history it's more likely a SEGA of Japan title.
It's not out of the norm for a JP dev to announce a game first in a western venue. even a game like Monster Hunter World was revealed first at E3!
SEGA western accounts are tweeting this simply because the event is hosted in the west and not necessarily because the project is an internal effort.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Ancestors is not even an AA game let alone AAA.
and it was showcased in multiple occasions and this reveal is supposed to be a first look into the new game.

I still find it highly unlikely that this project is by a 3rd party developer.
Its either SEGA JAPAN or Relic.
Based on the registration history it's more likely a SEGA of Japan title.
It's not out of the norm for a JP dev to announce a game first in a western venue. even a game like Monster Hunter World was revealed first at E3!
SEGA western accounts are tweeting this simply because the event is hosted in the west and not necessarily because the project is an internal effort.
We have no idea what SEGA's idea of AAA even is because outside of the Alien games we know for sure their games are almost always pretty low budget compared to most game publishers in the west. The exception here is some of CA's games. Their shooter is for sure going to be listed as AAA.

Suzuki Yu

Oct 25, 2017
Jeddah
We have no idea what SEGA's idea of AAA even is because outside of the Alien games we know for sure their games are almost always pretty low budget compared to most game publishers in the west. The exception here is some of CA's games. Their shooter is for sure going to be listed as AAA.
I think in this generation only..
Alien Isolation
Shin Sakura Taisen
and maybe Yakuza 6 (because of the new engine)
Are considered AAA titles.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 most likely an AA game but based on AAA foundations (VC1) and it managed to surpass it IMO.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
So what we know so far:

Good summary.

I wouldn't mind a god game. Been a while since we had a good one. Sega has a lot of talent doing large scale strategy games and this would fit that nicely.

Sep 28, 2018
Good summary.

I wouldn't mind a god game. Been a while since we had a good one. Sega has a lot of talent doing large scale strategy games and this would fit that nicely.

In the '90s, I used to buy any PC magazine that came with those demo disks if it had hint of a God Game or Point & click Adventure game. They were easily my favourite types of game and both have fallen out of fashion.

It is high time, in my opinion, for the next evolution of the God Game. Nothing has topped Black&White 1 imo and with all the technological advancements it could be something really special.

I'm not 100% convinced it'll be a God Game but I would certainly love a new one.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
So we've got

Sci-Fi Elements
Something that looks like a Sun and Eye combined
A DNA Strain
The coordinates of the first human skeleton
Pyramids With a Planet/Sun/Circula thing above them

This is going to be a game about Ancient Aliens creating/having created humankind and then regining as deities in ancient egypt or something like that.
Almost Assassins Creed.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Any IP from sega with pyramids from near or far?

Maybe they're teasing some kind of Sonic 2006 abomination, after they saw how well Mario Odyssey did?

... It's probably something from Relic, and to be honest, even though the hints are nothing, I'm already kind of turned off by their aesthetic >.>

Nov 8, 2017
Wasn't CA working on some kind of new SciFi IP shooter? Possibly MP focused, but I could be dramatically misremembering that.