• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Anything Skies of Arcadia and I will weep tears of joy

Edit: Oh and Yakuza 3/4/5 Remaster release dates

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_nf9iunwkWK1r7sijxo1_500.gif

Virtua Fighter 6 and VF collection.

Has Bean

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, completely forgot that a Megadrive Mini was officially announced. Pls be good.

Hoping for a House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn port for consoles.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
as long as they don't hold this event on 8chan I am happy...

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Virtua Fighter characters will appear in some japanese only mobile rpg

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Skies of Arcadia in some regard. Don't mind if it's a full remaster or an Ages release, I just want to play it in HD.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
They probably wouldn't do those kinds of announcements at a Japanese event. That's more of a "thing we announce on Facebook" for Sega America to do.
My list was going to be:
-Confirmation that the West will get physical Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 remasters
-Announcement that they are considering localizing Kenzan and Ishin for the West
I guess those wouldn't really be any kind of news that would be important to the Japanese audience though, so you're probably right that those are unlikely at this event. So I guess I'm going with:
-Yakuza 7 info
-Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 Remaster Compilation (some kind of Special Edition release containing the three games)
-Anything Jet Set Radio-related

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Expecting the new Sakura Taisen reveal, Shin Yakuza reveal, info on MD Mini and the rest of Sega Ages Wave 1.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Skies of Arcadia HD Remaster
Skies of Arcadia 2
Burning Rangers HD Remaster
Sega AGES Panzer Dragoon Series (1, 2, Orta and Saga)

I believe.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully a port of at least one of the original Sakura Taisen games to modern systems so I can be disappointed when they're not localized yet again (okay, it's actually pretty likely we'd get them nowadays).

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like these events usually just have one really big announcement, and it seems to be IP revival for the most part.

CS2 right now is working on the next Sakura Wars, which I think will be a big deal for SEGA to see if they can revitalize that IP given it was one of the biggest ones in Japan between 1995 and 2005, so I wouldn't expect much from them.

CS1 just released Judgement I can see CS1 doing another Yakuza spin off like they did Fist of the North Star, but what I REALLY would like is a new Super Monkey Ball.

Would also love to see more arcade ports, and can we PLEASE get a localization for Border Break?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018
Actual showing of New Sakura Wars.

Jet Set Radio 3. Jet Set Radio was the second most wanted series revival following New Sakura Wars in the poll they had last year.
We know that Sega is thinking about it (cancelled games) but this revival seems extremely tricky since former Smilebit staff works on Yakuza and Kikuchi on mobile.
(plus, this is the most iconic dreamcast game, cannot be released in the rush)
Virtual On, Shenmue already have their revivals.
If we are practical, it would be Virtua Fighter's year (but the budget is often high, for instance the polycount of VF5 character was 3 times higher than Gears of war. Ok, it's not the same type of game, it's not my point. I just mean VF is usually an expensive fighting game)

So, i would bet for a simple presentation of panzer dragoon remakes (they are next in the ranking) and if Sega really want to impress us, i would add a panzer dragoon sequel in-house (Takashi Iwade as art director, he did an amazing job on Orta)

Then, in the survey comes Shining Force...
In 2017, Treasure president asked Sega a Genesis mini. Sega presented one in 2018.
The same year, Camelot asked for a new Shining Force.... I think a Shining Force 4 on Switch is realistic because it wouldn't be that complicated and expensive (a VC4 budget for example).

Camelot is ready to make it and Sega's new policy is perfect for that.

So Sakura, Panzer Dragoon gameplay and Shining Force 4 as the megaton of the show.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Expect the worse, hope for the best.

It would be nice to see if anything has materialized yet on the Panzer Dragoon 1+2 remake/Sakura Wars front.

Not really expecting much on the Sonic/Mania front really.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Expectations:
  • Something from the new Sakura Wars, could be as small as concept art or as big as a gameplay trailer
  • SEGA Ages Dreamcast
  • Yakuza stuff
  • Panzer Dragoon remake gameplay
  • Mega Drive Mini date, price, games lineup, etc.
  • Shenmue I and II HD for Switch
  • Shenmue III trailer
Hopes:
  • Super Monkey Ball revival
  • Streets of Rage 4 gameplay and date
  • Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future remasters
Definitely not happening:
  • Anything for the Sonic

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Expectations:
  • Something from the new Sakura Wars, could be as small as concept art or as big as a gameplay trailer
  • SEGA Ages Dreamcast
  • Yakuza stuff
  • Panzer Dragoon remake gameplay
  • Mega Drive Mini date, price, games lineup, etc.
  • Shenmue I and II HD for Switch
  • Shenmue III trailer
Hopes:
  • Super Monkey Ball revival
  • Streets of Rage 4 gameplay and date
  • Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future remasters
Anti-expectations:
  • New Sonic Team Sonic game
  • New Classic Sonic game
Any Sonic-related announcement will most likely be shown at Sonic's panel in SXSW.

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
Every year I pray for a re-release or HD update for Skies of Arcadia. This year won't be any different.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would say a new Sonic game, we hadn't had a decent one since generation but that would probably be announced by Sega's Western diversion.

Apr 21, 2018
Yakuza 6/Kiwami 2 for PC.
Yakuza 0 has beaten almost all others Sega PC ports and even new games like
Two Point Hospital, it's obvious other Yakuza Games will be announced this year after Kiwami.

A PC port of Yakuza 6 would be a true Dragon Unleashed Edition since the PS4 game is a 30 FPS alliasing fest.
https://www.pcgamer.com/yakuza-6-the-song-of-life-may-be-coming-to-pc/
;) (with VF5 FS inside, a 4K uncapped PC port would be even more glorious)

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Have we even seen the new Sakura Wars beyond a text-only announcement trailer?

I will expect nothing, and still be let down. Lol.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
They announce they're being acquired by Microsoft and Phil Spencer takes the stage with a Dreamcast 2 shirt on.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Any Sonic-related announcement will most likely be shown at Sonic's panel in SXSW.
Only Fes Sonic announcement I could see would be something related to Sega Ages. Like Sonic CD or S3K.

I still think a quick Generations DX release for current platforms would be a smart move for CS2.

Last edited:

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Watch "Sega teases Shenmue & Skies of Arcadia HD" on YouTube

So I just found this from back in 2012 and we just got Shenmue 1 & 2 remaster at the end of 2018.

This has made me somewhat confident.

Apr 21, 2018
Watch "Sega teases Shenmue & Skies of Arcadia HD" on YouTube

So I just found this from back in 2012 and we just got Shenmue 1 & 2 remaster at the end of 2018.

This has made me somewhat confident.

There was even a Shenmue 1 and 2 remake cancelled.(was Sega not sure finishing it before Shenmue 3 release?)

A Skies of Arcadia remake wouldn't have such problem.
https://www.strawpoll.me/embed_1/17494766/r
Once again, Skies of Arcadia won a popularity poll. Sega is clearly aware of the franchise potential :)

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope they can get the Ferrari license again so we can have Outrun 2 SP (or even a sequel) on modern platforms.
I hope we get Out Run 3 without licenses. Will be for the best

CS2 right now is working on the next Sakura Wars, which I think will be a big deal for SEGA to see if they can revitalize that IP given it was one of the biggest ones in Japan between 1995 and 2005, so I wouldn't expect much from them.

CS1 and CS3 just got out Judgement and Valkyria Chronicles 4 respectively, I can see CS1 doing another Yakuza spin off like they did Fist of the North Star, but what I REALLY would like is a new Super Monkey Ball.
Has Sega only 3 console games departments right now? I mean I remember for a post here on ERA that Sonic Team is not a thing anymore, but the count seems low? :(

How far up is Skies of Arcadia on fan's most desired of Sega list?

2016 poll
Most hoped revival
  1. Sakura Wars (2457)
  2. Jet Set Radio (1485)
  3. Virtual On (729)
  4. Shenmue (727)
  5. Virtua Fighter (581)
  6. Panzer Dragoon (538)
  7. Shining Force (518)
  8. Skies of Arcadia (483)
  9. Streets of Rage (437)
  10. NiGHTS into dreams… (261)
  11. Space Channel 4 (234)
  12. Shinobi (144)
  13. Sangokushi Taisen Trading Cards
  14. Burning Rangers (115)
  15. Fashionable Witches Love & Berry (105)
  16. Alex Kidd (99)
  17. Outrun (96)
  18. Dreamcast (89)
  19. Daytona USA (70)
  20. Answer X Answer (66)
Brand you're most invested in
  1. Sakura Wars (1843)
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog (1284)
  3. Phantasy Star Online (1155)
  4. Virtua Fighter (991)
  5. Jet Set Radio (913)
  6. Yakuza (878)