• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I mean... obviously this is a mistake... surely... but it's a pretty detailed mistake, hmm?

vfBxeaF.jpg

IjIC2D4.jpg

Dollars to donuts something JSR is coming.

Well, they already leaked Earhtworm Jim once, so...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy Taxi already has a Steam version that uses other music. Like, right now. So they would likely just use that.
Yeah, I think I had it on the iPhone with that alternate soundtrack too.

I don't know if they would open the games up to those kinds of changes for a DC mini though.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
LMAO at people thinking this would be a Dreamcast version. People please.

It would be something like Virtua Fighter 2, a 2D port.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Except that existed. Jet Grind Radio never did for the Genesis

You failed to understand.

People are acting as if the Genesis Mini will emulate the DREAMCAST version of the game.

If there is a Jet Set Radio added for the Genesis Mini, will be a 2D version just like Virtua Fighter 2 Genesis was a 2D version.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

People are acting as if the Genesis Mini will emulate the DREAMCAST version of the game.

If there is a Jet Set Radio added for the Genesis Mini, will be a 2D version just like Virtua Fighter 2 Genesis was a 2D version.
But that would be an all-new demake. VF2 on Genesis was something that already existed.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
But that would be an all-new demake. VF2 on Genesis was something that already existed.

Well, duh. Assuming it's not a mistake, a demake is more believable than a 3D Dreamcast port on a Genesis Mini. After all, the Mini already includes two original 2D games built from the ground up.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

the other post was trying to say there is no Jet Set Radio for Genesis, but there was a virtual fighter 2. They would not make a game specifically for this. The only possibility is that they are porting the GBA version

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Please, PLEASE God let this be some mistakenly copy-pasted promotion for a Dreamcast Mini that's also in the works.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Highly, Highly doubt the hardware in the Sega Genesis Mini can emulate Dreamcast games to any decent degree, so this has to be a mistake

Oct 25, 2017
I am dying of laughter because technically you totally can play JSR with the 3 button MD pad.

A/B/C = jump/center camera+graffit/boost
dpad = movement/graffiti drawing

Good luck enjoying the game like that though.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
A port of the GBA version to Genesis hardware is one of those things that seems unlikely, but it's M2 so if it was confirmed I'd be like "yeah, that sounds like them." Like, some pet project one of them was working on that they'd decide to throw in because they're cool like that.

Otherwise, they're randomly including a Dreamcast game (doubt it), they accidentally teased a Dreamcast mini (would they already be making plans ahead of the Genesis release? Maybe the pre-order numbers have been good? I think they said they were considering it but would base any future mini-consoles on the Genesis' success), or it has nothing to do with anything is a really odd mistake.

I agree the email is too specific for it to just be a whoopsie, so who knows. I could see a Dreamcast mini doing decent business for them, it's built a good reputation for itself as of late as the best console no one played. SA1/2, JSR, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, Rayman 2, Code Veronica, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone, MvC2, Ikaruga, there's plenty of winners.

Oct 25, 2017
R boosts
A tags (no camera control needed)
B jumps

Also you can boost continuously with no cooldown period unlike the original.

the other post was trying to say there is no Jet Set Radio for Genesis, but there was a virtual fighter 2. They would not make a game specifically for this. The only possibility is that they are porting the GBA version
This would not be the first time M2 makes a retro game for a compilation.