• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Mine hasn't shipped yet. My Terraonion account still just says Payment Recieved, and I ordered pretty much right away. I don't mind too much as I have a working Sega CD, and this was supposed to be a birthday present but my birthday isn't a month away, but I'm still super anxious. The Analogue Mega SG was one of my favorite purchases of the last several years, and I loved Terraonion's PC Engine Super System SD3, so I'm certain I'm going to go nuts over this.

When it arrives, I have a small topic planned on doing old school Save State hacking like I used to do back around 1999 or so. It'll be neat to do that kind of hacking on a real console.
Hmm. I ordered a day later and mine is "exporting". I received a tracking number but it isn't active yet. Still needs to get into the hands of DHL apparently.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Maybe it's a by location sort of thing, like it has to reach distributors or something? I'm in Texas FWIW.
They said they were going in order number. They shipped out anyone who paid in the first 45 minutes about two weeks ago. They did the rest over the weekend. Maybe check with them on your order status.

I have been following this stuff on twitter and they have a shipping update page on their forums.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I got mine a while back. Everything I've tried on it has worked well, using it with a Mega Sg.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They said they were going in order number. They shipped out anyone who paid in the first 45 minutes about two weeks ago. They did the rest over the weekend. Maybe check with them on your order status.

I have been following this stuff on twitter and they have a shipping update page on their forums.

well that's a bummer. I probably wasn't in the first 45 minutes but i ordered as soon as I saw it online that day. Hope it ships soon.

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Got my tracking status on the 3rd and still not shipped yet. I get there are limits and stuff, just kinda sucky :(

Ah well. It was a small birthday gift to myself too, least it'll ship eventually.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is interesting as hell but damn if Sega CD games aren't expensive to collect right now.

I only have Sonic CD US & JP versions. :lol

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Got my tracking status on the 3rd and still not shipped yet. I get there are limits and stuff, just kinda sucky :(

Ah well. It was a small birthday gift to myself too, least it'll ship eventually.
I think they have been sent out but they are going through another service before they reach Spain and DHL.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's no excuse for the shipping delay. Shipping was not free and on top of that we will all have to pay customs and shit.

My Neo Sd pro order went much smoother. Shipped and received within three days of order.

But like with a lot of retro focused products like this, we are simply treated as people who should be grateful instead of customers.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Mine came in a couple days ago, even though it still showed in Barcelona.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
There's no excuse for the shipping delay. Shipping was not free and on top of that we will all have to pay customs and shit.

My Neo Sd pro order went much smoother. Shipped and received within three days of order.

But like with a lot of retro focused products like this, we are simply treated as people who should be grateful instead of customers.

This is what they had to say about it

Ok folks. I keep posting this in peoples threads, yet no one is really reading this.

So from here on out treat this as the master topic for shipping stuff.

DON'T PANIC! Yes, DHL is usually really quick, but we have a special set of circumstances that are causing this slowdown. Terraonion has moved to Andorra and since DHL doesn't have an office in Andorra, all packages get transported to them for processing. Also, local customs in Andorra are not use to processing a lot of outbound packages for export. They are clearing about 45 per day. So when we drop off several hundred at one time, it takes them multiple days to clear.

After that it goes into the DHL system for processing on it's way.

The bottom line is this: From the time a package "ships" till the time it arrives to you is going to possibly be 2 to 3 weeks. Once we get all of the MegaSD orders shipped, shipping shouldn't be an issue. But for now packages are going to take a while to process.

Don't be alarmed if the package sets in Andorra for a while. That's customs. Don't be alarmed if it sets in DHL for a while. That's normal since the packages have to be transferred to DHL in Spain.

Also if you see shipping exceptions or clearance events: Ignore them. It's processing through DHL.

If your tracking isn't active at first, again, give it some time.

We appreciate your patience.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The 45 by Andorra customs per day makes me think there is one person working in that office and that they move really slowly.

Oct 27, 2017
U.K.
I had a package in transit email with tracking last Saturday, but still get a "No result found for your DHL query" if I click on it, so I assume it must be stuck between Andorra and Spain.

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Got my shipping notice today. Not in the DHL system yet but I feel for the singular postman and wish him all the best as my package goes through his tender hands.

Z_MET

Oct 31, 2017
Got my DHL shipping notice yesterday and today it's still not in the system. No big hurry though since I haven't backed up any of my Sega/Mega CDs yet.

It's gonna be nice to play through Popful Mail and Bari Arm in 1080p.

spydersvenom

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas City
Got my shipping number on Aug 3 and still not active.
Just coasting through this thread and I would like to say I'm in the same boat. If you look on the Terra Onion forums it looks like the 8/3 shipped date had a bunch of people and I haven't seen anyone say they've actually gotten an active tracking number yet. It's frustrating and it's time consuming, but I think if you got your tracking number Aug 3 or later, it's going to be a waiting game. Here's hoping it arrives in the next week or two.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This is interesting as hell but damn if Sega CD games aren't expensive to collect right now.

I looked up my 2 favorite SCD games on Amazon & ebay.
Lunar: EB goes for like $100 (disc-only) to $300 (CiB).
Popful Mail starts at around $200 and can get about double that.

Ouch. I mean, I had fun with them back in the day, but at those prices, I'm okay with staying with my memories (or in the case of Lunar:EB, the PS1 remake that I already own).

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I looked up my 2 favorite SCD games on Amazon & ebay.
Lunar: EB goes for like $100 (disc-only) to $300 (CiB).
Popful Mail starts at around $200 and can get about double that.

Ouch. I mean, I had fun with them back in the day, but at those prices, I'm okay with staying with my memories (or in the case of Lunar:EB, the PS1 remake that I already own).

I almost got a dual pack of both Lunar games on Sega CD, complete, recently for 300$ but got outbid at the last 3 seconds. :(

I also have both on PS1....so yeah, I think I'll stick to those versions unless a similar deal pops up.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Terraonion sent a second "damage control" email stating that it will take an additional 3 weeks.

Email states that DHL picked it up, but my tracking number is still not working.

Thank god I only paid like 250 Euro (shipping was 18 Euro), I'm obviously lucky just to give them my money.

The process with my NeoSD Pro was so much smoother, guys. What happened?

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Once it entered DHL's system it zoomed through Barcelona, Brussels, Luton and Heathrow and is now in Canada. All in one day. It says I should have it by Monday but I imagine it will probably arrive here by Friday. Maybe even tomorrow. Can't wait.

EDIT: Just got hit with $62 in customs fees in Canuckistan. Ouch. Unlike those in EU countries, I was expecting a customs charge but that is more than I was hoping for.

Last edited:

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
Just a reminder from when I brought up their terms and conditions - they also offer very consumer-unfriendly terms and conditions that would not be allowed in the EU.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Luckily a lot of their products end up being sold through more reputable online stores. I think this is the last time I will order from the directly.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I still have my side-loader Sega CD set up under my TV. I haven't played it in years so I really should fire it up, but hooking up the two giant plugs is daunting considering the nightmare of cables back there. This technology is really cool, but I just don't see how it's worth the money. The Sega CD has preciously few great games, and even fewer that are exclusive to the system. Back when I got it games could still be gotten for cheap, in fact I picked up most of them in a box for like $15 (Including Sonic CD). I'm happy that people are enjoying the system, I'm just afraid this is going to be an example of people buying something and being disappointed when they remember that most games are closer to Sewer Shark than Sonic CD.

It also makes me wonder if I should consider selling my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga before easy to use emulation hardware for the Saturn becomes available.

Nov 23, 2017
I still have my side-loader Sega CD set up under my TV. I haven't played it in years so I really should fire it up, but hooking up the two giant plugs is daunting considering the nightmare of cables back there. This technology is really cool, but I just don't see how it's worth the money. The Sega CD has preciously few great games, and even fewer that are exclusive to the system. Back when I got it games could still be gotten for cheap, in fact I picked up most of them in a box for like $15 (Including Sonic CD). I'm happy that people are enjoying the system, I'm just afraid this is going to be an example of people buying something and being disappointed when they remember that most games are closer to Sewer Shark than Sonic CD.

It also makes me wonder if I should consider selling my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga before easy to use emulation hardware for the Saturn becomes available.
Its only a matter of time. Im sure youve seen the Satiator being developed.

But I mean I have back ups of saturn games I own that I copied and could play using psuedo Saturn. so its not as if its that hard to play legally burned/legally owned back ups anyway. (I have another set of some games because I travel back and forth often to my parents home/my own home)

Ther est of your post doesnt really make sense to me. Of course its not worth it, you have a Sega CD. But buying one that is sure to work with my Model 1 Genesis is nearly the same cost as this product. That's the appeal, and also the fact stuff like Lunar and Teminator CD that are exorbitantly priced.

Last edited:

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Its only a matter of time. Im sure youve seen the Satiator being developed.

But I mean I have back ups of saturn games I own that I copied and could play using psuedo Saturn. so its not as if its that hard to play legally burned/legally owned back ups anyway. (I have another set of some games because I travel back and forth often to my parents home/my own home)

rhea/phoebe too if you never sleep and can sit up till whenever he decides to drop them randomly.