• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The box sizes have been known at least since the Amazon pages went up.

XSX = ~15" x 11.5" x 8.25"
XSS = ~14" x 11.5" x 5"

Both very small like the units themselves.
I see with my eyes though. I know the dimensions, but seeing it held by another person, on a table, next to a cat, etc. makes it more real.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I never really understood people watching unboxing videos before.

But given it looks unlikely I'll be able to get the consoles I've paid for from GameStop any time soon (because of the plague), Imma be watching all of these on loop and living vicariously for a while, lol.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna be an influencer too. Send my shit early and I will stealth console war for Xbox in the PlayStation OT.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the heck would they put a embargo on a thing that we already know so much about?

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Was it the PS5 or the Xbox Series X we saw a really early unboxing shot with a cell phone camera from 2010?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Do they have to send their preview units back or do they get to keep them?

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Arguably the main reason for press embargos is for the press - it makes it much more fair that everyone has a few days to do their thing rather than have the people lucky enough to live close to the shipment location get their videos/stories up asap while other reporters complain about not having the same opportunity.

It also makes sense for the maker to let the press/influencers take a bit of time and to it properly rather than having people are race desperately to get their 'impressions' online 10 minutes after they get the box.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
And to complement that video, that store got fucked for breaking street date (selling like 3 weeks prior to official launch... xD)... and BTW every other store got affected in a domino effect. MS ordered the recall of all Series X sent to the country.
For real? Daaaamn! Where can I read some more about this? I dunno what the situation will be like here in Peru, not even if sure the Series X consoles are already here ready to be distributed to whoever is selling them, because it seems like retailers won't be carrying Xbox stuff, only the gray market for now probably.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
And PS5 is like nowhere to be seen. YouTube as all these X videos showing you everything, and I have nothing but those in house made PS5 bits from Japan.

CrazyNomad

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
For real? Daaaamn! Where can I read some more about this? I dunno what the situation will be like here in Peru, not even if sure the Series X consoles are already here ready to be distributed to whoever is selling them, because it seems like retailers won't be carrying Xbox stuff, only the gray market for now probably.

well, to speak about latin america, here in Brazil they confirmed the launch to november 10, and my preorder already have the estimated delivered date to november 17th (brazilian logistics sucks). so maybe more latins countries can get the xbox this year still

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Also confirmed:

Xbox Series X/S Unboxing Embargo is set for October 30th at 0:00 AM PST / 08:00 CET.

Xbox Series X/S Embargo (Review) is set for November 5th at 6:00 AM PST / 14:00 CET.

PS5 Unboxing Embargo is set for October 27th at 05:00 AM PST / 13:00 CET.

PS5 Review Embargo is set for November 6th at 6:00 AM PST / 14:00 CET.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5) Review Embargo is set for November 6th at 6:00 AM PST / 14:00 CET.

Astro's Playroom (PS5) Review Embargo is set for November 6th at 6:00 AM PST / 14:00 CET.

Source: @twitter nextgen_ishere

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D2-CE0-F5-A-C3-A2-4-E3-E-8-EF6-FE14-DA0635-EB.jpg

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
There must have been some serious misunderstandings because I don't an Xbox media contact would accidentally give out the wrong embargo date.

and embargo dates would be known well in advance, no?

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.

Mostly is local gossip (we had a WA group with audios from other stores complaining the fuckup of Smile) since those stores are the gray market in our country (and the first option to get games at reasonable prices). The big retailers (Éxito, Falabella, Alkosto/Ktronix and Panamericana) are unaffected of this situation.

Edit: here's a basic report from Enter (a tech magazine from our country)...

www.enter.co

Tienda colombiana hizo un unboxing 'anticipado' de la Xbox Series X • ENTER.CO

Estamos a puertas de noviembre, lo que se traduce en: nuevas consolas. Para aquellos que lograron pre ordenar la PlayStation 5 o la Xbox Series X, la

Last edited:

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Next gen does not start until i see Major Nelsen unboxing the Xbox Series X while wearing gloves.