• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
That box is so small. I can't wait to see the console in my own setup.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Is the box way smaller than expected? Not sure if you can say. They look tiny especially in that first link there.
Yeah, there's an NDA in place. You'll have to wait until embargo lifts to find out my impression, though I'm pretty sure some journalists have said it is smaller than they thought. Could be wrong though, just remember hearing that some place.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assume their preview Xbox X/S will be their gateway to early access games purely for previews and demos? I get the idea MS are switching things on behind a preview service that allows them to get feedback asap from their pool of media/streamer groups. Pretty much their staging service.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
Is the box way smaller than expected? Not sure if you can say. They look tiny especially in that first link there.
I think some people are going to be surprised at the size of the Series X. It's design made it look like an enormous PC tower but it's odd shape is actually smaller in one dimension than typical consoles. Remember it's 5.94 inches x 5.94 inches x 11.84 inches. It's more the size of a very compact HTPC than some gaming tower.

Last edited:

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Unboxing video, yeah.........
Assume their preview Xbox X/S will be their gateway to early access games purely for previews and demos? I get the idea MS are switching things on behind a preview service that allows them to get feedback asap from their pool of media/streamer groups. Pretty much their staging service.
I forgot where, but I read preview units needs to be returned.

CrazyNomad

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
I forgot where, but I read preview units needs to be returned.

i think digitalfoundry said in its first series X video that the units they received, they will need to return because they are prototypes and not the "final consumer ready" unit.

maybe those that will do the unboxing can keep its units because it will be the same as "consumer ready" unit

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand embargos on unboxing. Is that because they want all of the videos/previews release the same day instead of all over?

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
Already saw two xbox unboxings from latin america, takes a bit of the wind out of these sails.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
i think digitalfoundry said in its first series X video that the units they received, they will need to return because they are prototypes and not the "final consumer ready" unit.

maybe those that will do the unboxing can keep its units because it will be the same as "consumer ready" unit
Yes that's my guess too.
And if I remember correctly, we never saw the box of Series X for those previews. Every photos was with the actual console.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Do we really need a hardware unboxing event at this point?
Nope, but we're getting them starting tomorrow with the PS5 unboxings. I dont know what people can get from watching more than one of them, though. If Sony and MS simply filmed someone from the company unboxing it and showing off all the included materials, you'd think that would be sufficient.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand embargos on unboxing. Is that because they want all of the videos/previews release the same day instead of all over?
Yeah, exactly that.
Gotta do the whole SEO thing and schedule people's attention to what you are wanting to show them