• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
product-image-767984056_1024x1024.jpg

lol @ the time = money floating above the car

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Is there list of games installed? (I heard it's meant to be 800)

I'm really curious as to whether they've acquired the licenses for all the games, or it's just a load of ROMs from online.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
SouljaBoy - purveyor of technological wonders, creator of timeless classical tunes and genuine mastermind. What can't he do?

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Unless I'm missing something, I see no mention of ROMs being preloaded on the system. So maybe he has learned his lesson? It'll be interesting to find out if this thing does actually have games on it and which companies could take legal action if that's the case assuming they are illegal ROMs.

MoneyBee

Nov 16, 2017
He's a sociopath. People like him can't handle "defeat" and humiliation.
Normal people would not try this, but if they did, they would say "I took a shot, but they got me. Life goes on."

Not SouljaBoy, he is just too proud. :)
These kind of people... :D
SB is for the children

Nov 30, 2017
I must have time traveled without knowing it. Its crazy how I've owned this new console for several years now..

Proud owner of a soulja boy console.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why are people mad about him doing a rebrand like 90% of Chinese consoles you can buy at AliExpress?

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people mad about him doing a rebrand like 90% of Chinese consoles you can buy at AliExpress?
Because he's trying to scam people.
This is one of those Chinese consoles you can buy at AliExpress, which is what Souljaboy is doing, for $30-40.
He implies that it's somehow Souljaboy branded, which it is not, pretends it's 50% off, charges people $99, and puts their address as the delivery address on the AliExpress order.

Don't know why this is something that he's doing. Presumably he already has more than a sufficient amount of money. Guess he's just an asshole.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Because he's trying to scam people.
This is one of those Chinese consoles you can buy at AliExpress, which is what Souljaboy is doing, for $30-40.
He implies that it's somehow Souljaboy branded, which it is not, pretends it's 50% off, charges people $99, and puts their address as the delivery address on the AliExpress order.

Don't know why this is something that he's doing. Presumably he already has more than a sufficient amount of money. Guess he's just an asshole.
Rebranding is exactly that. If you have a name that is valued, you associate it with a cheap product, but sell premium because of your name alone. Is every artist that have its own brand riping-off it's fans? Probably yes. Is it unique? No.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

He's scamming people by selling pirated crap for a premium.

That's like saying the dude on CL selling modded PSPs loaded with NES and SNES ROMs for $250 is just being an entrepreneur.

If he were legit, he'd be selling hardware that was legal (rather than trying to make a quick buck and getting sued by Nintendo).