• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's just slowly becoming a symmetrical 360 controller.

They're still quite different. At least as far as video game controllers go anyway.

Untitled-7-768x470.jpg

71vSRUAJUdL._SX425_.jpg

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
is he saying the analogue sticks are smaller based on how it looks, or because of actual measurements included in the patent?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The touchpad typically serves as an ultra convenient map or menu button in the types of games I play so not only am I fine with it, I've grown to like it. This is good news.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Soo..will the DS4 be compatible with the PS5 then?

And not surprising if the vanilla DS5 doesn't have triggers.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Glad they kept the touchpad. It's one of the things that places the DS4 over other controllers for me.

FeArTriX

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly can't tell the difference, either way, I never had a problem with the ps controller so that is a good sign.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I just more folks did more with it
Third party devs I'm not surprised due to just keeping things the same between consoles and ease of porting.

First party, though? They needed to push that shit. Shadow Fall utilized it great.

No lightbar is good, should up its battery to a more reasonable level.

Didn't it get proven that the light bar didn't impact the battery life to a significant degree anyways?

TheDudePT

Banned
Oct 3, 2019
Portugal
I F'ed up a R2 button the other day playing FIFA, because that game can make you a little mad.

Anyway, only having one proper working controller right now I'm switching my Kontrol Freeks everytime I change from FIFA to a FPS. I haven't used the regular sticks on the DS4 from launch basically, and for the life of me I can't imagine how anyone can play on those things "naked". They suck big time.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I like that it looks meatier in the hands. Maybe we'll get custom controllers like what colors Xbox offers with their custom labs site.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the touchpad for the fact that it's two different buttons. Keep it for BC sake also.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping for paddles to become standard in next gen pads.

There hasn't been any leak / patent for the Xbox side yet right? We won't know for sure till the reveals I guess but here's hoping.

At the very least this one looks more ergonomic and better for fitting in the hand. DS4 never quite felt comfortable to hold for me.

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017
Damn. I welcome the bigger triggers and thiccer grip. But smaller sticks :( I also actually liked the lightbar. It was fun. Trackpad was dumb, but I guess it's stuck for backwards compatibility, so it's a good thing

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It charges at the bottom? That will be pretty annoying if so. Especially if the Battery life is bad again.
Happy the touchpad is back, feels weird not having a big "Start" button for me now. Hopefully devs/Sony actually use it better too, because it's great when on PC.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
They should make the touch pad a small touchscreen and let you download simpler titles, minigames, maybe even PS1/PSP/PSm classics to the pad and use it as a native handheld. Basically like the return of PocketStation.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I still love the trackpad as the obligatory pull up the map button so I'm glad it's still there. Plus it's most likely still there because of BC.

Edit: Wonder if this means forward compatibility with DS4 and PS5, like how Xbox is doing it with the Xbox One controllers being compatible with Scarlett.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It charges at the bottom? That will be pretty annoying if so. Especially if the Battery life is bad again.
Happy the touchpad is back, feels weird not having a big "Start" button for me now. Hopefully devs/Sony actually use it better too, because it's great when on PC.
No, it charges at the point where the lightbar previously was.