• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is literally what is being displayed on my Steam main page now.

Xe7kOUH.jpg

AAA console exclusive from Microsoft XBox and an AAA console exclusive from Sony Playstation 4. Both system sellers that were thought to be permanent exclusives by many people for years, and now on the same store, literally releasing on the same date. I think this image encapsulate the new age of PC, and how PC is benefiting with both Sony and Microsoft making PC the new battlefield for console war.

Reversed version

RwCugv8.jpg

Last edited:

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This year, Persona 4, Halo 3, Guitar Hero/Rock Band plastic drumming (in the form of Clone Hero Drum mode), and a competitively viable version of Super Smash Bros. Melee with rollback netcode all made their way to PC. These were all previously system selling releases so it's crazy to see them on come out on the same platform.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Amazing stuff, never thought I'd see the day. Mine has been switching between Halo 3 and Death Stranding for the top banner all day, so surreal.

We've seen Sea of Thieves and Persona 4 in the past month too, with HZD coming next month. Amazing time to be a PC Gamer.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Death Stranding was always coming to PC the same time it was first revealed

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's at the point where if, for whatever reason, you need to be limited to one gaming platform outside of mobile, it's a bit of a no brainer to get into PC gaming.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Sea of Thieves has been dominating as well. Horizon didn't even make it 72 hours before it was surpassed again on the global top seller chart.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Horizon seems to be doing quite poorly actually. It's at #24 behind fucking Wallpaper Engine.

edofvo2.png

Last edited:

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is literally what is being displayed on my Steam main page now.

Xe7kOUH.jpg

AAA console exclusive from Microsoft XBox and an AAA console exclusive from Sony Playstation 4. Both titles that were thought to be permanent exclusives by many people for years, and now on the same store, literally releasing on the same date. I think this image encapsulate the new age of PC, and how PC is benefiting with both Sony and Microsoft making PC the new battlefield for console war.

True for Halo, but it was known very early on that Death Stranding was eventually going to PC

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
What a nice fuzzy feeling one gets when seeing all these banners on the steam frontpage

FcFztVd.png

PC gaming ♥

I want to see Bloodborne, God Of War, Metal Gear Solid 1/2/3, Persona 5, and all sorts of awesome stuff up there.

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure Death Stranding was always coming to PC the same time it was first revealed

Yah but they quickly erased all traces after that. And we also learnt stuffs such as the game using Guerrilla's Decima engine and the IP being trademarked by Sony made countless people believes the PC version was canned.

And then I boot up the game 12 hours ago on Steam and I see "Sony Interactive Entertainment Presents"

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I know Nintendo ain't about to put their modern games on PC, but IMO they really should throw a virtual console app on there with games going up through N64.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I hope you're right, because I want Sony to bring more games to PC. Still I think they greatly overpriced it.

It doesn't matter. It will sell a decent number at the current price, then keep performing with inevitable sales.

I think Death Stranding will outsell PS4, Sea of Thieves has likely already outperformed Xbox, Persona 4 will outsell Vita (lol).

I remember being super excited we even got a PC port of Dark Souls, and here we are now almost 10 years later with lots of games that would never traditionally receive PC ports totally killing it!

The flip side is you just know there are people out there who don't want these games to release on PC because "my exclusives!" but at least here people are pretty well behaved.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo keeping up with another legend of the video game world on steam.

Brings a tear to my eye.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I wonder if both games having a banner had anything to do with Halo 3 coming out like 14 hours early

Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
Yep, great to see. Now we just need cross play. I'd give anything to be able to play FO76 or Red Dead Online with my friends and family on console.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I know it's kind of a weird thing to say it but I'm just happy that I am unable to even enjoy all these awesome games on one platform. And to know that I once didn't have a computer that was able to enjoy pretty much every game ever, I felt so in the cold.

About three or four years ago where I had a computer but my personal situation didn't allow me to have a place where I could really hook it up as I was going through hard times. And I remember thinking so many times that I missed that feeling of being able to mod games and just be able to enjoy them without the console restrictions on PC.

And I think back I had that sense of community from the late 90s and early 2000s where the sense of community was still fresh and have so much nostalgia for that time in PC gaming.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Awesome stuff. I'm personally a console gamer by origin and still largely by practice. Besides some frustration learning options on PC, the lack of these marquee console titles was generally one of my biggest dislikes about PC gaming, and I only celebrate more and more as it becomes less and less prevalent. I hope this completely normalizes in a few years time.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I wonder if both games having a banner had anything to do with Halo 3 coming out like 14 hours early
This has happened multiple times already. If there are more than 1 notable games released at the same day, Steam would provide banners for them.

However, the one that'll be shown to you will depend on the algorithm. If you have only one of the 2 games on your whistlist or if the genre matches your most played games so far, Steam will show that game banner for you instead of the other one. You can still see the other banner, but you need to refresh the front page multiple times. For example, Steam will mainly show Death Stranding on my end, and after refreshing a few times I finally see Halo 3 banner. It's because I don't play FPS games and DS is on my whistlist.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft's turn around on PC gaming support was the single best thing to come out of this gen for me. I wonder if it would have happened had the Xbox One sold well in those early years?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing HZD on there is always a bit surreal. Super exciting for my gf who's really been looking forward to playing this on her PC.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's cool and all but I feel like this thread gets made every week now.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also Horizson has been in the top 3 for like, ever since the preorder opened, it's only just the last day or so it fell down.