• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I like how this orange bitch still can't fire people in person, he has to do it over Twitter.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Writing was on the wall, public disagreement, reports Esper had filled out his resignation and was planning on handing it over after the election.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Wow so alpha male firing someone over Twitter what a cowardly pussy. I wonder if loser boy grabs himself when he fires someone over Twitter.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
That's super odd then to have the news go public if he had no intention to submit it.

Wouldn't that be career suicide?
I may be incorrect on that last part in case I just missed the news. But not necessarily "career" suicide, just leaving the sinking ship.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's super odd then to have the news go public if he had no intention to submit it.

Depends on which career we are talking about.
If he want to go back to his job as a VP in Raytheon (or just generally go back to the world of weapon makers and defense contractors) it's probably a good career move.
Companies like Raytheon play both parties, and making it look like he was an enemy of Trump rather than his enabler would probably help him.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
youre_terminated_fucad741ab55b.gif

knight_cream

Jun 11, 2018
NYC
Can't help but be curious about Christopher Miller and why he in particular was chosen. Looks like he was unanimously confirmed to his previous position by the senate earlier in August.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

No. It's normal for all cabinet members to tender their resignation to the President-elect upon completion of his term, whether he's the incumbent or not. People reported specifically on Esper because Trump made it no secret that he was on the chopping block.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The real question is with Esper being fired and it being reported CIA Director will be fired next. What is Trump trying to do?

Make it so nothing criminal can be traced back to him when he leaves, intentionally botch the transition handoff, or hope they get a few extra months if the Senate plays games with Biden's appointments.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Just do what Trump does, have acting Secretaries and such. McConnell wants to be a bitch, we can play that game too.

Someone already explained earlier that you have to do that with someone who has been confirmed by the Senate for another position. Not sure if that's 100% accurate, though

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Biden should give McConnell a cabinet position to get him out of the senate, and then terminate him too.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I expect this to be the first of many. He's probably going to trash the White House on the way out like a squatter.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The best chance would be Pat Toomey of PA, he already announced retirement in 2022 and we have a dem governor there. He also agreed yesterday that it was the right call to announce Biden had won but all votes should still be counted. Something few GOP members have done so far. Still think it's a long shot though.

Last edited:

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
So your now telling me he can freely use troops to calm unrest when he refuses to leave office right?
On noon of January 20th he will no longer be their commander in chief. Zero chance the military brass commit literal treason for a man who has continually ignored their advice, insulted them and used them as props when he saw fit.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing he fires everyone who had written a letter of resignation after the election, thinking them disloyal.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Eventually if Trump fucks around too much, the Senate will remove him. McConnell plays the long game, he's not an idiot. This is toxic.