• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
More likely, Trump is up to something nefarious and these folks wouldn't comply.
No, it's just grievance. Esper got on his shitlist back in July and he was always planning to fire him after the election whether he won or not. He's going to fire all the people he thinks didn't "support him" enough. Even Barr is on that shitlist for his failures with the Hunter Biden and "Obamagate" fake scandal attempts.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
So what's to stop Trump in the next 2 months from just randomly declaring "war" and bombing a random country House of Cards style? I could see him leaving in the most scorched earth possible way if he feels he has no way out

Well it's not fiction.... so the generals not following the insane orders would be how that would be stopped.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the first of many to get the boot now that he doesn't need to worry about keeping up a facade of decency

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Rip Mark. Oh you mean fired? womp womp.

Edit: oh well, apparently did some good things. Alright, got the benefit of the doubt for working with the dictator.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Dude you got two months left. Why even bother? Who would want to accept a cabinet position that only lasts 2 months?

Mar 3, 2019
Well it's not fiction.... so the generals not following the insane orders would be how that would be stopped.

I mean he's still the president and has a lot of power as such. Esper had the other half of the nuclear launch codes, now that he is gone and a crony is in his place who knows what happens. Considering the drugs Trump takes and his penchant for the insane, it's going to be a stressful 2 months.
In 2017 they had a plan ready to drop 80 nukes on North Korea, so I wouldn't call it fiction

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I still don't know how this guy has so much loyalty lol.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is doing that because he knows Mitch will just push through whoever he picks in the republican-controlled senate. Biden can make people "acting" as much as he wants -- Mitch and the republican majority will just shoot them down and make him look like a fool.

They cant just leave those positions empty though. Biden can fire all of Trumps appointees and the senate has to fill them. They cant just let all these positions be left unfilled.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
But yeah, let's also remember a few days ago everyone was reporting Esper had prepared a resignation letter

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Esper is a dangerous piece of shit and it's good to see him out.
It is still crazy to me that a defense lobbyists can be the secretary of defense.

So your now telling me he can freely use troops to calm unrest when he refuses to leave office right?
In theory he could always do that, he's the commander and chief and Esper's boss after all.
But the military itself really doesn't want to get in the business of suppressing protests in the US, and this is why I don't think we see it happening any time soon.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Didn't he literally JUST resign?

You can't fire him. He quit.

You, bitch, on the other hand, were fired.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They cant just leave those positions empty though. Biden can fire all of Trumps appointees and the senate has to fill them. They cant just let all these positions be left unfilled.
Wanna bet?

They can and they will until Biden puts forth a candidate they can live with. You can kiss the possibility of Bernie or any other progressive having a seat in Biden's cabinet goodbye.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
So, what is the orange monkey up to that Esper wouldn't let him?

Esper broke from Trump using military forces in a civilian show of force during protests around the country. He publicly rebuked Trump, and then apologized for using the phrase "Battlespace" when referring to American cities. This put him on Trump's list immediately. This is also why Trump had to hire goons from ICE and the Federal Prison system to be a police force, who didn't wear badges, were unnamed, and simply said "we report to the attorney general."

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
Don't worry about Faucci, folks. Trump has no direct authority to fire him like he does here with Esper.

kittenbreath

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because I'm a huge nerd, I actually started a spreadsheet back in 2017 to keep track of all the top officials Trump has fired and replaced over his presidency

And, friends, I can't describe how overjoyed I am that I will be able to continue updating it for the next 2.5 months. It's the little things in life.