• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Remember all episodes comes out on December 21.

015qbcoi.jpg

Entertainment Weekly has more info on the images.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017

How I've missed ya Old Lace! I love that it's an actual head and not just CG.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Any word if this will be on Netflix for international regions like how the first season was added recently?

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, just saw the trailer. This season is gonna be fire!

So much action, so much color. I love it. And it's so good to see the whole gang again.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
How is the quality of this compared to Marvel trash like Iron Fist and Inhumans? Or is it in the middling tier alongside Agents Of Shield and Punisher?

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
I was ok with this show last season but i just finished cloak and dagger last week and now idgaf about runaways i need cloak an dagger S2!

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
I tried so hard to enjoy this show, I absolutely adore Runaways and have loved it since the very first volume, but the changes in the TV show vs the comic were so off putting that I couldn't manage to finish the first season.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I have hulu and I feel like I should at least give this a watch. It's the only MCU show that I have not seen yet. Hell I got Hulu to watch Cloak and Dagger which isn't even a Hulu original lol.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I tried so hard to enjoy this show, I absolutely adore Runaways and have loved it since the very first volume, but the changes in the TV show vs the comic were so off putting that I couldn't manage to finish the first season.

The show it's basically it's own thing, the only jarring change for me was how Gert basically has the exact opposite personality from her comic counterpart and the way they made her always have a crush on Chase pales in comparison to how they wound up a couple in the comics.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive watched 3 episodes and its alright. I think S1 was much better though. All 13 episodes have been released which is good.

Oct 25, 2017
I watched 2 episodes so far and it's far better paced than season 1 and since they are actually on the run now it's interesting.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an OT or something?

Honestly I'm just wondering if they ever connected it to the movies, or at least Cloak and Dagger.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an OT or something?

Honestly I'm just wondering if they ever connected it to the movies, or at least Cloak and Dagger.

Just a Wakanda name drop in a joke that wouldn't be out of place in a non-MCU story as a pop culture reference. Additionally, they make contact with aliens and are more shocked at this revelation than I would expect in a post-Battle of New York world. Absolutely no snap mention whatsoever.

Just finished the finale and I can say spoiler-free that people will want to drop the show in the lead up to episode 7. The pace is better, but the writing and acting both take noticeable hits, and a lot of the story beats feel like retreads. That is, until episode 8 when things finally turn around, and that uptick continues until the finale.

Nico using her powers often was a treat. In fact, everyone using their powers often. Seems like the budget got a bit of an increase this season (or they just used the money that would have gone to set creation on VFX because there are like 2 new interiors here). Lot more action moments. Pace was considerably faster. Whole lot of ground covered here. Episodes 8-12.5 are pretty good. Janet getting more of a spotlight was nice even if it didn't feel exactly earned. I liked the acknowledgement of Gert's parents being on the more innocent end of the spectrum.

Holy moly, that "new kid" storyline was a blight. The kid couldn't act, the story was stupid, and ultimately it went nowhere. At all. Is mentioned once afterwards and that's it. What a misadventure. Even the main cast's motivations within that storyline are difficult to follow. I really didn't get it at all. Aside from that, episodes 1-7 felt like they could have been superimposed over last season and it would've just been a much better season 1. The relationship drama was mostly tired, not compelling at all. None of the cuteness from last season carried over in that regard. I don't know why they insist on filming Molly from below so frequently--it's really heavy-handed. Also, I was hoping based on the trailer that the scientific nature of the staff would be retconned... but it wasn't. I mean, I don't know how you reconcile what it is capable of this season with reality otherwise. It was stupid in season 1 but it is RIDICULOUS in season 2. Also, the pace kind of works against the show sometimes. Jonah's "I want to get on my ship and get the hell out of here!" moment just seemed like a fastforward button.

The cliffhanger ending with the twist... I don't know about that. Like, is the staff possessing her or is it the alien prince? Didn't this start before the ship was destroyed? Now they have like, an alien kid vs his alien parents? Stupid. I like that the group is fragmented and that the lines are starting to shift a bit, but Karolina's mother being one of the crew now is ridiculous. Her whole change of heart was stupid as hell. Like, offering the dude an opportunity to go back to being a family when she spent all last season shitting on him. Totally turns on Jonah after a lifetime of worshiping him, and killing for him. Like, there is NO WAY the woman that banged Jonah as like a scaly old mummy is that willing to dump him on a dime. I don't buy it for a second. Like, of ALL the parents.... HER? I mean, I get why-- she has nothing to offer them, and now she's deadweight being suddenly SUPER pregnant. Which is also stupid as hell.

I liked the idea of the aliens possessing some of the parents, but it went nowhere for like 4 episodes and then went lightning speed all of a sudden. And it's stupid on paper, and they didn't do near enough to sell me on it. Like, why was Gert's possessed mom still after Gert? If the whole plan was to get Karolina, why? And then, when they have Karolina, she's just food? Huh? Didn't the other alien just say that like, the magnate or whatever won't let Karolina out of their custody? So now we're supposed to believe they're just gonna eat her?Honestly, so stupid.

Frankly, cancel the whole thing. It was not good. The casting in season 1 was amazing, but now we see that this is not a cast of magicians. They can not turn garbage into gold. There are some OOF acting moments this season, too, which makes me suspect not just the writing but the direction. It ain't good, y'all. These characters could've been so fun in the movies had that come to pass. Seeing them locked in this stupid parents vs kids back-and-forth is just depressing. The show is clearly not interested in moving past that at all. It's a damn shame.

Seriously, this ending was like Iron Fist season 1's for me. I could hear my eyes rolling.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone whos read the comis. Does you know what happen at the end of S2. No real spoilers Im just curious to know if they went through with it.