• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kdoll08

Oct 25, 2017
Weird I have 14 missions done but I still need 1 more to complete it. Waiting for my gold coins to register from yesterday

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Weird I have 14 missions done but I still need 1 more to complete it. Waiting for my gold coins to register but yesterday

It prob takes a day or so. I'm still waiting on my cart to register, too.

Edit: Nice, just got a "complete", so didn't even take half a day.

Last edited:

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Wish they would be more clearer as to whether or not you've reached the requirement.

Missions page says 14 missions.
Rewards page says "Complete!"

Imma be pissed if Wednesday comes and goes and they're like, "Oops! One short! Sucks to be you!"

Ah, who am I kidding? Sending out codes is going to be a clusterfuck. Plus, the site is 100% going to be down on Wednesday.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Mine shows as completed after redeeming the coins for the game yesterday. Was it always known of when the specific date/time the reward codes would be available?

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
This is sort of off-topic and might be old news to some, but I just noticed that Nintendo's online store offers some physical rewards for MyNintendo platinum points. The selection isn't as robust as the old Club Nintendo used to be, but I apparently had enough points collected to pick up the 3D All-Stars poster set and the 3D World keychain so I went ahead and spent them. A lot of the missions for these pin sets give out between 50 and 100 points, so you might have collected a bunch as well if you've been keeping up with them.

Now just to wait until the pin set goes live next week. If it's anything like the first time around, you'll need to obtain your code as quickly as possible before they run out, but you'll have ample time to actually redeem the code once you have it. Last time I waited until the next day to actually input the code at checkout since the store was basically unusable at first.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
This is sort of off-topic and might be old news to some, but I just noticed that Nintendo's online store offers some physical rewards for MyNintendo platinum points. The selection isn't as robust as the old Club Nintendo used to be, but I apparently had enough points collected to pick up the 3D All-Stars poster set and the 3D World keychain so I went ahead and spent them. A lot of the missions for these pin sets give out between 50 and 100 points, so you might have collected a bunch as well if you've been keeping up with them.

Now just to wait until the pin set goes live next week. If it's anything like the first time around, you'll need to obtain your code as quickly as possible before they run out, but you'll have ample time to actually redeem the code once you have it. Last time I waited until the next day to actually input the code at checkout since the store was basically unusable at first.

I ordered the All Stars poster set and 3DW key chain last night and also recently got a nice little 2021 stand up mini calendar which was also a platinum point reward. My Nintendo rewards selection was terrible for a long time in NA/U.S. but they have really improved a lot this past year.

Last edited:

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 14/15. I should have not been lazy and done one of the few game related challenges. Not going to Cold Stone to get the last one. I have the first pin set and that will have to do.

Edit - oh shit...saw the Box Lunch mention above and am now at 15. I'm back in the game!

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
[/QUOTE]
I'm at 14/15. I should have not been lazy and done one of the few game related challenges. Not going to Cold Stone to get the last one. I have the first pin set and that will have to do.

Edit - oh shit...saw the Box Lunch mention above and am now at 15. I'm back in the game!

Good job!

Btw to anyone looking to do the Cold Stone one, it can't be done anymore unless you have a code. The purchase window was Sept to Dec.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I picked up the game tonight and did the registration, so once that goes through I'll have 15 missions done and then it's just waiting for the codes in a few days!

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
So I had 13 missions completed for awhile now. I just activated my copy of Super Mario 3D World and instead of being bumped up to 14 completed missions, it is now saying I only have 12 completed. Any idea why this would happen?

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
What's weird is that I am at 14/15 even after registering the game on Friday, so I shouldn't be able to get the pins. However on the reward page next to the Wave 2 pins it says "Complete! Reward codes will be available Feb. 17, 2021, at 12:00 PM PT" which shouldn't be possible, unless it's just a cruel oversight.

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the My Nintendo thread as well, but does anyone else have an issue with the current Mario missions where after completing a mission it shows up in the Missions tab but not in the main Wave 2 Pins Set Quest in the Rewards tab? Eg. The missions tab shows 15/22 complete while the Pins Quest shows 14/15 complete?

Does it just take a while longer to update the Rewards tab, or am I getting screwed for some arbitrary reason? Has anyone else experienced this?

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance of them adding more missions? I'm at 13 right now w/ my Bowser's Fury purchase and don't think there's anything else I can do.

They realy shouldn't have tied a decent portion of these missions to playing a game you may not own like Splatoon or Mario Maker 2.

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Any chance of them adding more missions? I'm at 13 right now w/ my Bowser's Fury purchase and don't think there's anything else I can do.

They realy shouldn't have tied a decent portion of these missions to playing a game you may not own like Splatoon or Mario Maker 2.
I personally highly doubt it. There's the Box Lunch thing in the thread marks if you don't have that done, but that still doesn't bring you to 15

There were only 3 missions tied to playing a paid game out of 22, I personally don't consider that a "decent portion"

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Have any Canadians gotten the Mario Trivia Experience quest to complete? I participated and clicked the link which brought up a screen saying it's completed, but when I close the tab and come back (or check on another device) the quest doesn't show as completed. Is it bugged?

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, fuck. Got stuck at 2 short anyway since I missed this thread until like 2 days after the Splatoon stuff ended and didn't get the memo we were supposed to be keeping up in the meantime with limited time missions... and Target screwed me with shipping anyway as my copy of the game is still "delivery pending."

Guess it's second hand market for me. :(

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Good luck to all eligable tomorrow! Hoping it won't be a poop show like last time, but I'm expecting about as much :/ I linked 4 posts up the Nintendo Store for individual pins as an alternative to those that got screwed with Nintendo's lack of announcing missions over the months :/

Just hoping it won't take longer than 2 hrs tomorrow, so I can watch the Direct.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
My wife was very confused why there was a calendar event simply labeled "pins" for tomorrow.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to remember from last time, which page does the pop up/message with the code appear on? Does it activate under the rewards tab?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to remember from last time, which page does the pop up/message with the code appear on? Does it activate under the rewards tab?

I think it was on the rewards tab on the pin one. You click on it and then says "get code" or something iirc. I dont remember where the actual page for the pins was though or if it linked to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio, USA
Good luck to all eligable tomorrow! Hoping it won't be a poop show like last time, but I'm expecting about as much :/ I linked 4 posts up the Nintendo Store for individual pins as an alternative to those that got screwed with Nintendo's lack of announcing missions over the months :/

Just hoping it won't take longer than 2 hrs tomorrow, so I can watch the Direct.

If it's like last time, once you have a code you're good, you shouldn't need to worry about redeeming the code right away if the site is getting slammed. I had an error with redeeming my code where the order went through even though I didn't get to fill in my credit card information. This fake order disappeared the next day and I was still able to use my code to redeem the pins. The only thing was that the rewards tab now showed me that the codes were gone, but I had the foresight to write my code down and it still worked.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
If it's like last time, once you have a code you're good, you shouldn't need to worry about redeeming the code right away if the site is getting slammed. I had an error with redeeming my code where the order went through even though I didn't get to fill in my credit card information. This fake order disappeared the next day and I was still able to use my code to redeem the pins. The only thing was that the rewards tab now showed me that the codes were gone, but I had the foresight to write my code down and it still worked.
I got a code last time and still didn't get the pins. I called and they said they were "out of stock", even though I was able to get a code for them...

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
I got a code last time and still didn't get the pins. I called and they said they were "out of stock", even though I was able to get a code for them...
How long did you wait before you actually used a code? I literally waited until the next morning to redeem mine because the site was in shambles on the first day and it still went through.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
How long did you wait before you actually used a code? I literally waited until the next morning to redeem mine because the site was in shambles on the first day and it still went through.
Literally right away. No lie. The next day or so, my status was "closed", and they refunded me my shipping...
Wait, I take that back. It wasn't the next day. It was a couple days later that they closed it, when people were saying theirs was at "picked" status. Mine went to closed instead of picked, and refunded :(

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
So codes will be going live in about 4 hrs roughly? man.... this shits giving me anxiety haha. hope its a bit easier as i'm assuming fewer people qualified for round 2 vs round 1

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Good thing I checked in here regarding the code. I looked through all my emails and didn't see anything. I thought for pin set #1 they had emailed the code, I'm not sure though.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
So codes will be going live in about 4 hrs roughly? man.... this shits giving me anxiety haha. hope its a bit easier as i'm assuming fewer people qualified for round 2 vs round 1

youd think theyd be easier to get simply because Nintendo would... y'know... make enough. But that's not really their "thing", so...

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

They should be easier to get because less people qualified but also at the same time it was such a shitshow the first time that I expect a lot of people will be camping the page to try and get a code.

Truckondo

Oct 25, 2017
Garden Grove, CA
I remember the codes going out early for Pin set #1. Got my my code last time but it was a shit show trying to redeem. Eventually it did go through and I got my set weeks later. I forgot that the new Pin set code are going up today. Thankfully this thread reminded me. Good luck to everyone.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I have a doctors appointment right when they go live, hoping they go up early.

I missed out last time... is the mad rush for securing a code via the Mario 35 site? I should be fine to grab a code and then redeem it a couple hours later after my appointment, right?

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
I have a doctors appointment right when they go live, hoping they go up early.

I missed out last time... is the mad rush for securing a code via the Mario 35 site? I should be fine to grab a code and then redeem it a couple hours later after my appointment, right?
you should try to do both asap cos some people got codes but not pins and some people didnt even get codes last time