• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got the first set so hopefully I can get this one as well.

These were never sold at retail. They're exclusive to My Nintendo. The first set currently goes for around $90 USD on eBay.
I wouldn't price it that high, but I always wondered if I should keep them as collectibles or resell them.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck. I'm 2 missions short if I buy the game and do the splatoon tournament.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, the Cold Stone codes only ran through 12/15 as well :(

If anyone has any extra codes from that, it'd be greatly appreciated!
Oh freakin' hell, are you serious.

There goes that option, then. Only hope is for them to add an easy mission during the lead up to 3D World's release, especially since so many of the recent ones were timed/required buying other games.

Man, why did I forget about the Tetris 99 event, that would've put me at 14 missions....

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait only 6 of the missions are actively available? Wtf who designed this? So basically if you weren't keeping up until now it's too late.

I hate it.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna need a Cold Stone ice cream to hit the rewards needed. But I'm too afraid to go out in pandemic times. I'll buy someone a Cold Stone if they give me the code.

EDIT: Never mind, just read the Cold Stone thing above. Oh well no wave 2 pins for me.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who's been on their email list for a while, I got mine one earlier than that. It was in a email titled "Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. is here, [my first name]!" from Nov 13th. Look through all of the emails Nintendo has sent you.

Ohhh! I double-checked and looks like I already did that one. Guess I thought they sent another one out at some point.

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Wait only 6 of the missions are actively available? Wtf who designed this? So basically if you weren't keeping up until now it's too late.

I hate it.
Basically, yeah. These pins are clearly for TRUE MARIO FANS ONLY (/s but also I wouldn't be suprised if that's their actual line of thinking)

I'm gonna need a Cold Stone ice cream to hit the rewards needed. But I'm too afraid to go out in pandemic times. I'll buy someone a Cold Stone if they give me the code.
The Cold Stone promotion ended 12/15.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I have the missions but still kind of annoyed the Mario Maker and Smash events didn't register for me even though I tried participating.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I got the last set of pins, but it was one of the most stressful afternoons of my life lol. I'm not going through that again. This set isn't quite as nice anyway

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So much for Cold Stone then :/ I love how they make it seem like the offer is still available till the end of Mar -_-

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
they'll probably add more missions in the next month before the game comes out.

though, if they don't, it is absolutely IMPERATIVE that i participate in this weekend's splatfest. lol.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm at 13. This Splatfest is coming in clutch for me.

I'd be out of luck and wouldn't bother if I wasn't already at 13, assuming Nintendo doesn't put up more easy challenges before the pin set #2 sells out.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone planning to jump on the splatoon mission, You might have also had to register to participate for it to count. The details on the mission state

" To participate, players must (1) sign up for the Splatoon 2 Splatfest Online Challenge My Nintendo mission at https://mario.nintendo.com/challenge/ and (2) participate in the Competition in the Splatoon 2 game during the Competition Period"

But it isnt clear if that only applies to the coin contest part or the mission itself.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
some of the missions on there said they were locked but i did them anyway and they counted.

...like the boxlunch.com one.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Everyone planning to jump on the splatoon mission, You might have also had to register to participate for it to count. The details on the mission state

" To participate, players must (1) sign up for the Splatoon 2 Splatfest Online Challenge My Nintendo mission at https://mario.nintendo.com/challenge/ and (2) participate in the Competition in the Splatoon 2 game during the Competition Period"

But it isnt clear if that only applies to the coin contest part or the mission itself.

You still can sign up, I just did

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Basically, yeah. These pins are clearly for TRUE MARIO FANS ONLY (/s but also I wouldn't be suprised if that's their actual line of thinking)
I would hope not lol. Nothing shows true fan like driving an hour to find a coldstone ice cream or playing completely unrelated games to Mario? This is beyond me.

Mar 11, 2020
Tbh fuck nintendo, they screwed me out of the first set of pins cause i was too late getting the physical on day 1, and now enough missions required are already past date, had no clue required stuff would be before they announced second set. Plus I don't own Splatoon, I don't like Splatoon, I like Mario. GUH

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
some of the missions on there said they were locked but i did them anyway and they counted.

...like the boxlunch.com one.

Whoa you're right! I had to turn off my script blocker on it to get the mission prompt thing to appear at the top of the page.

Only 2 left now, so maybe I'll just do the Splatfast (and buy the game, of course) to make it an easy finish.

EDIT: oh wait, 3 left because it's 14 ADDITIONAL, not 14 total :/

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
The Splatoon missions are annoying, especially considering they end in only about 5 days. I don't own the game so guess I'll have to borrow a copy from a friend ASAP if I really want the second set of pins.

Nester

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just found my newsletter code so I'm sitting at 13/15 with plans to play Splatoon so I should be set. Managed to get the first set of pins, hoping for an easier time for everyone the second time around.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I got the first set but 3 away from the required 15. Darn. Was also planning to buy physical but the gold point redemption is a requirement so...guess I won't be getting this second set no matter what.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
The first set pissed me off so I'm not even going to bother here. Bah, Nintendo if you're going to do something fun don't make it such a pain in the ass.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, so I guess I'm already disqualified from getting the second set of pins because I didn't do the Smash and Mario Maker missions from November and December which are both long over and had no idea about those events until the new 3DW trailer today. How was I supposed to know in advance that I needed to do those to get the extra pins??

edit: And the Box Lunch mission which ended on Jan 1st, this is incredibly irritating. Completing missions last time was easy because the missions posted after the 35th/All Star Direct and weren't all gated inconveniently this way.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio, USA
Yeah, I know. But you need the game in-hand to redeem the points. Last time the pins went up before many people received the game. I'd purchased it digitally at the time.
I bought the game on Saturday and was still able to get the pins. I even had an issue where it didn't go through the first time and I had to try again the next day. I'm not sure if it's cause I got the code so I was guaranteed pins or what, but getting it physically not on launch day didn't screw me over.

Edit: Oh I misread what you said. Yeah I try to do in store pickup if I pre-order, or just go to the store to buy it like I did for this. Every time I get a game shipped, I get screwed out of having to wait to long to get the game.

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Yeah, I know. But you need the game in-hand to redeem the points. Last time the pins went up before many people received the game. I'd purchased it digitally at the time.
Last time, the pins were released 3 days after launch, and the mission takes a max of 48 hours to process. You just need to make sure you get the game on launch day, so do in-store pickup or curbside pickup if you want it physical

jmoe316

Oct 27, 2017
I got the first set but 3 away from the required 15. Darn. Was also planning to buy physical but the gold point redemption is a requirement so...guess I won't be getting this second set no matter what.
You get gold points with physical. When you go into the options for the game on the home screen (forget what you have to press, maybe + button?) then there is an option there to redeem the cart for gold points. Hopefully you haven't been missing this on all your physical games.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It says you can do Cold Stone online; does anyone know what you need to do in order to get credit for the mission?

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea they were still adding missions after the first pin set sold out, wtf. Now it's only possible for me to get 14 unless they add new ones.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Just found my newsletter code so I'm sitting at 13/15 with plans to play Splatoon so I should be set. Managed to get the first set of pins, hoping for an easier time for everyone the second time around.
You mentioning this finally got me to research what promo email this was. Now I'm sitting chill at 14/15, just waiting for my digital preorder of 3D World + Bowser's Fury to register.

Search your inbox for "Game & Watch" from mid November for the code, y'all.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird, them not having enough missions means I don't buy the game right away. They're not getting a sale because of them restricting this.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
You get gold points with physical. When you go into the options for the game on the home screen (forget what you have to press, maybe + button?) then there is an option there to redeem the cart for gold points. Hopefully you haven't been missing this on all your physical games.

I do claim them. Was saying that this particular pin release will happen before many people can get their hands on the physical copy & redeem the points. Digital would be the way to go if you want to guarantee you'll have the mission completed in time.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I can only get to 13 completed missions with purchase of the game because I didn't think they added any new ones after the release of 3D All-Stars. Neat.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I'm going to miss out on the second set because everything is expired. Kind of frustrating because I really want those pins.