• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
A guy that can get the best and exclusive photos of Spider-man, villians, and other heroes could make a killing selling them, have a ton of social media followers, and could do well on youtube if he shot video.

I mean yeah, you're right, but part of what makes Spider-Man an endearing character is he tries to do "average people" jobs. Pizza delivery, take photos, etc. That way of making money is too far from how the average person makes money for it to work for how the character is written.

Like let's be honest here, Peter Parker is a genius that has very few people on the planet alive that are smarter than him (Reed Richards, Octavius, Doctor Doom etc level of smarts are the only ones better basically). Guy could legitimately work at pretty much any technological position he wants and make bank off of his intelligence.

He doesn't because that's not average.

Peter isn't broke by happenstance, he's broke by choice, essentially.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Maybe. It's kind of funny that it's been less than twenty years since they rethought Spider-Man's origin with Ultimate Spider-Man, and they'd have to update a huge chunk of it to feel timely if they did it again.

I wonder what they would come up with. After I posted I remembered there are apps for selling freelance photos too.

"you want cash AND the exposure this beacon of truth would give you!!??"

LJbbnqv.gif

This got me.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I never took this dude seriously, but this still kinda blows. He's really, really bad at being a drug dealer though. Saying you're a "superhero" highlights everything you do.

OP
OP
OrangeAtlas

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
I never took this dude seriously, but this still kinda blows. He's really, really bad at being a drug dealer though. Saying you're a "superhero" highlights everything you do.

I highlighted this line from the article for a reason:

two confidential witnesses told a Seattle police-narcotics detective that Fodor was a drug dealer, with one of them expressing disbelief that he hadn't yet been caught

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Who will be next? Is the antisemitic Elmo named Adam Sandler who hangs out in Times Square going to be a ringleader?

Edit: He's already been arrested in San Francisco.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man was always the broke hero. If he was around today he'd have to be slinging weed on the side, because no way freelance photography is paying anyone's bills.

"Parker, bring me photos of Spider-Man!! I will pay you in exposure, I can really get your name out there!!"

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
That man died kayaking to an island with a 16 year old to practice sword moves

Wow just looked this up and it's true. He was 30 years old and kayaking a 16 year old girl to an island 3 miles off the coast to practice sword moves when his kayak tipped over. She survived by swimming to shore but he drowned, apparently she heard him shout "No" and then he was gone.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
PJ never wanted to help people, he always just wanted fame and money.

Not all that surprised tbh. There are some good people in the rlsh movement (which to be fair is mostly dead now) but PJ was always putting him self where he wasnt needed and getting in trouble.