• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've had the worst allergies I've had in like ten years for some reason this year. Maybe nobodys grass died since it's been so mild and therefore there's way more grass pollen? I dunno.

Yeah, grass pollen has been way up. It's been awesome good fun playing the "Allergies or COVID?" game the last few months.

May 26, 2018
Our mornings and nights here drop to the low 50s in summer which is great for sleeping

tenor.gif

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
you want to take some heat from my area (midwest)?
nXPdRuS.png

With the humidity the feels like for pretty much all of those days has been 100-110.
our normal high this time of year is 81... we've been above average for like a month, and there isn't a single day predicted to be below average this month right now :/

just a touch after noon here right now
E08Vsj9.png

and still have a few more degrees base temp to go up to bring that feels like over 100 with ease again.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just want a little more sun shine, is that too much to ask for? 70s and sunny is perfect weather to me. It's not too cold, just want some sun for once.

And end these allergies already.

Moved from Texas to Seattle last July and now it's been 2 straight summers of gorgeous, smoke-free weather, with this July in particular being spectacular. I will never spend summer in the South again.
Lucky. The year before you came, it was hard to even breathe outside from all the smoke. That summer sucked ass.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
regardless of what this means in terms of economy or climate or whatever, just on an individual level here let me just say

it fucking rules
Same weather up here in metro Vancouver.

As usual people /coworkers complaining about it being too cold, but since im WFH with no AC, this is much better than roasting in a hot room.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
can we get this in the northeast!?!?!? since like summer began it's just been straight 85+ with some serious humidity...

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
*sigh* I need to move to the PNW. The weather in all seasons honestly sounds like paradise to me compared to here in the Northeast with humid summers and snowy winters.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Please help me in Michigan. It's been 7+ straight days of 90+ and we've haven't had a decent rain in over a month. My yard is a dried husk. I have central air but I'm scared for my electric bill.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
the whole upper northwest has experienced such a mild summer and cold winter.

OP
OP
fluffydelusions
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, how many days of sunshine do you Seattle residents get a year?
No clue how accurate but according to this website it's 152 days a year. Keep in mind Seattle actually has one of the better climates in western Washington. Here in Olympia where I'm at we apparently have 136. Coastal locations have even less (also way more rain...over 100" compared to Seattle w/ 37").

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll also say that the weather has been so weird here lately that on more than one occasion I've either left work early or called out to enjoy a summer day because for some reason the rain and shit weather always falls on the weekend

OP
OP
fluffydelusions
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. So more cloud cover than most cities on average but less overall precipitation.

The urge to move to the northwest at some point is growing stronger
Less precipitation but more rainy days. Seattle rain is typically light so some place like Miami for instance where you can get inches of rain that falls in a matter of hours would take weeks in Seattle. For instance, this past January it rained 30 days straight here.
EDIT: Seattle rained 28 days in January here in Olympia it was 30
www.king5.com

Seattle tied the record for most rainy days this January

As the month comes to an end, we tied records set in 1953 and 2006 for most rainy days in January.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
No clue how accurate but according to this website it's 152 days a year. Keep in mind Seattle actually has one of the better climates in western Washington. Here in Olympia where I'm at we apparently have 136. Coastal locations have even less (also way more rain...over 100" compared to Seattle w/ 37").
Yeah this is something that people always leave out. Seattle proper is probably less rainy than people imagine, but most of the nearby cities and suburbs get significantly more rain, especially north and east.

Dec 22, 2017
Yeah I've had the worst allergies I've had in like ten years for some reason this year. Maybe nobodys grass died since it's been so mild and therefore there's way more grass pollen? I dunno.
The spring was super mild for me, but I supposed it's because I spent most of it indoors. This July has been miserable. Popping sinus medicine like Donald Trump before a campaign rally.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm pretty happy about it. I bought a new portable AC unit a couple months ago in preparation, but I'm glad to not have to use it as much.

Moved from Texas to Seattle last July and now it's been 2 straight summers of gorgeous, smoke-free weather, with this July in particular being spectacular. I will never spend summer in the South again.

Welcome fellow transplant from Texas.

Out of curiosity, how many days of sunshine do you Seattle residents get a year?

I don't remember the number offhand but I remember a year or two ago in the fall/winter, seeing something to the effect of us not having a sunny day for 80 days straight but I distinctly remember having "sunny" days. Turns out, partly cloudy days (which still have plenty of sun, IMO) aren't considered "sunny" days.

Last edited: