• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YOU TOLD ME SHE RAN AWAY

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Good for John! I think he's a great actor and I love Harold and Kumar. Need to check this out.

Oct 26, 2017
Man am I way off from you guys on this.

I like John Cho in everything but I thought he was horribly miscast. Same with Debra Messing. Both were acting the entire time. Cho never emoted except one time when he hit the dresser, and then of course when he got the news.

The "Up" intro lacked any punch and with the cornball music, made it feel like a Google commercial or something.

Bummed out, I really expected to like it. And it's so rare that I'm so opposite of the general consensus.

FINALLY I'm not the only one who hates this movie.

offcast

Oct 28, 2017
This was a fun movie to stumble upon, but can someone confirm that the trash was taken out?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
No. I didn't see Dave the father, I saw John Cho pretending to be the father. Messing was playing a cop.

Neither felt authentic.
I wonder if it had to do with the way the story was told. Everything from a singular POV, it might change how you interpret a character's actions or even the acting.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if it had to do with the way the story was told. Everything from a singular POV, it might change how you interpret a character's actions or even the acting.
No. I really enjoyed Unfriended (sans the...supernatural stuff). The way this was told was really cool (though him always having Facetime on, even when not making a call was suspect). I'm all for this gimmick.

I think it would have been better to cast unknowns.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rented this off psn yesterday, really enjoyed it. The way it was shot was super unique and first thing I thought was "this had to be cheap to made." Looks like it made 70x its budget. Lol

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Messing wasn't believable, especially when she said "the 101" . . . as someone from LA living in the Bay Area, people here refuse to use "the" in front of highway numbers.

Cho was okay for the most part. He just doesn't do pain very well until the end.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this a couple nights ago and thought it was good.

Crazy how you could visibly see Johns face change over the course of a week.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Just got through with this one. Movie was great and John Cho was really, really impressive in this.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I liked it. Wasn't blown away, but still enjoyed it a lot. The first half was better imo.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
This one pretty well lived up to the hype from era. I'm glad I watched it, and that the library had it yesterday. Good movie.

John Cho was good in it, the way it was presented was interesting and so was the mystery. I do wish that the final reveal had been less reminiscent of the endings in a lot of mystery fiction, but would be lying if I said I saw it coming. All I knew was that there was more.