• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up the second season.

Good season. Good show. This season had a darker tone to it but still such good fun trashy moments. It's so weird that one of the more darker and cynical pieces of television work airs on TBS.

Probably the most under-rated show on television going. Nobody I know in real life has ever heard of this show. And I mean NOBODY.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, my opinion is exactly the same as last time. I'll watch another season but I would've been fine if it ended.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
in what way? Because it's uncomfortable?
Yeah, because they crew is doing such desperate things. At any moment in many of their escapades, they are likely to get caught. And its just so tense.

also, they way they transform through the season is fascinating. Drew and Dory become more insidious while Portia and Elliot are affected in interesting ways as bystanders. I'm most surprised by Dress actions resorting to calculated manipulation.

Last edited:

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
I still think it's weird this is being used as a chip to draw people into hbo max. It's such a small show.

I loved season 1 but found season 2 so thoroughly unpleasant—not just because the characters were doing bad things, but because they became bad characters—that I'll have to hear rave reviews of season 3 to come back.

OP
OP
vatstep

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I still think it's weird this is being used as a chip to draw people into hbo max. It's such a small show.
I haven't really seen it being pitched that way. If anything it's good for the show, since seemingly no one watches TBS originals. By the time the show comes back, it'll have been off the air for 2.5+ years, so it's almost a fresh start.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really seen it being pitched that way. If anything it's good for the show, since seemingly no one watches TBS originals. By the time the show comes back, it'll have been off the air for 2.5+ years, so it's almost a fresh start.
You're right I projected that on it. Hopefully it is a fresh start.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first half of the season today - it's still as breezy and bingeable as ever. Maybe not as witty and sharp as as the first season, but still plenty enjoyable.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
No it was weird just so 7 had audio descriptions some lady going "a light falls behind chantel " "the lawyer throws her binder" and read the credits. Only that episode 8 didn't do it

Oh, I don't think my version of episode 7 did that - must have been a glitch?

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Season 3 was pretty good overall and definitely improves as it goes along - the back half is much stronger and funnier than the first half. I'm not sure I like what they're doing with the stuff related to the
obsessed twink who kidnapped Dory
but I guess we'll see where they go with it. Hopefully they don't dedicate too much time to it, as I feel like next season's main focus should be on
Dory becoming increasingly deluded and unhinged.

Yeah even rewatching it I get it. Weird

Weird...

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was encoded with the accessibility options on.
Really enjoyed this season.
Binged it all way too quickly!

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I forgot to watch Season 2 after loving the first. I haven't thought about it in years. Glad I saw this thread and will binge it right away!

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
ugh i adore Cassidy

also how on earth are alia shawkat and brad Pitt dating
Cassidy Diamond is the star of this season. She is fantastic.

Overall, I thought this season was great, but it definitely feels like it was produced in 2018, weirdly enough.
They went harder in the parody route with these spoof TV shows, which makes sense, I guess. I think that's the weakest part of the seasons, since it takes me out of the show a bit.

OP
OP
vatstep

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been able to watch this yet because HBO Max isn't available on Fire TV for whatever stupid fucking reason. I guess if they don't resolve it I'll just watch on my laptop.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like it as much as the first two seasons, but it was enjoyable and made me laugh quite a few times. Dory's lawyer was definitely a lot of fun.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I love this show. Gonna do a rewatch before Season 3. You figure it's going to be jokes at the expense of vapid hipsters, and it is....but the character growth sneaks up on you as people either grow or devolve as people.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually found the first arc of the show to be the most entertaining and most funny. Seeing all of them try to get their shit together before it goes down was hilarious. The B plots in the middle with Portia and co. kinda dragged. the finale was strong though.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Watched this and I enjoyed it. It helps that the episodes are so short. I loved both the defense lawyers. I LOVED and actually laughed out loud when

April's twin reveals that the journal is written in secret twin language.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Think my biggest laugh for the season was Louie Anderson reading the urban lingo definition for pancaking.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
the trial was good. everything else was boring. This show started as a mystery and then it just became fighting and awaiting a trial. I liked it way more when it was a traveling mystery for a group of friends. It has nothing to do with the title anymore.

The ending was crazy, I guess S4 will be even more different.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
As to the end of season 3 are we meant to
believe Drew is in on it with the guy who kidnaps her or is it maybe just fantasy? Drew said the stalker was declared dead after the car accident.

Enjoyed the season and can't believe it went full dumb with a twist ignoring everything that happened

Last edited:

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else just....hate dory now? Like I just want her to go to jail at this point lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Binged all 3 seasons, this show is an underrated gem lol, so damn hilarious

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The first 3 episodes of season 4 are out today! 3 more next week and then the final 4 the week after that!

New thread or just keep using this one 🤔

Aug 7, 2019
The first 3 episodes of season 4 are out today! 3 more next week and then the final 4 the week after that!

New thread or just keep using this one 🤔

A new OT might make people less quiet, and with 2 more weeks it could end up longer than this thread

But someone on Reddit pointed out that Drew's princess might not be so trustworthy (Season 5 antagonist?)

She was a girl in Season 2 Episode 3 that was photographing Dory and rambling on about true happiness, and now she tells Drew a story about being a former pariah, hard for me to think she isn't stalking them