• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I try and click "install" from the Win 10 store, the store just closes and seemingly nothing happens. Any ideas??

Pandy

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Guys what the fuck do you when you're stuck in a storm in a sloop and your compass doesnt work and you can barely steer? My compasses was literally spinning in a circle and no help. I had my map thankfully but it was damn near impossible to steer. The weather her is so intimidating solo.

I'm 100% going to do this today. I've been a good pirate so far but today when I get home....
It's tough to navigate, but your chart still works, so you can take quick breaks from the wheel to check you are still on course.

Dropping anchor and raising sails still works if you're worried about hitting rocks and need a bit of a breather to bail/repair. I've done wreck-diving in the middle of a storm which was good fun, outside of the occasional lightning strike!

Deleted member 40053

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 17, 2018
Guys what the fuck do you when you're stuck in a storm in a sloop and your compass doesnt work and you can barely steer? My compasses was literally spinning in a circle and no help. I had my map thankfully but it was damn near impossible to steer. The weather her is so intimidating solo.

I'm 100% going to do this today. I've been a good pirate so far but today when I get home....

Just hold the ship steady in any direction (use the gold plate on the wheel) and ride it out.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I want them to release the stats on the average number of pirates generated before the user gives up and just picks one.

Is the average user picking a pirate out of the first few? Generating 100's? 1000's?

I like how they said they decided not to go with a typical character creation system as they didn't want players to take an hour playing around with sliders to make a character. Instead they replaced it with an hour of praying to the RNG gods that you get a decent looking pirate before finally giving up and just picking one.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
This game can look so pretty at times.

On a related note, I changed my Xbox Dashboard background.
suNMkeh.jpg

KpPZCfb.jpg

Last edited:

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only level 15 with the gold hoarders and already it's getting a bit trickier. Those saying you see everything in the first few hours have no idea what they're talking about.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Only level 15 with the gold hoarders and already it's getting a bit trickier. Those saying you see everything in the first few hours have no idea what they're talking about.

This! I want to know but I also don't, I got pretty high level in the beta with gold hoarders so I can of have an idea of what to suspect but I don't know about the other two factions and I'm specifically curious about the order of the souls.

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Can you link me to any credible source to back up even an inkling of what you are saying? Or can you admit you are just saying shit to get a rise out of people possibly enjoying the game? Actually try to tell the truth if you dont mind.
I'm just going off this forum and my friends. No I can't back it up. I enjoy the game too, just can't see the joy lasting much longer.

I guess I should of put IMO, sorry.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Whew, this game is fun. Played it solo for an hour, sank my ship about 3 times because I kept crashing into things, I then got the hang of it and managed to successfuly dock at 2 islands and find the treasure and voilà, another player destroyed me with cannonballs.

Guess I gotta play this with others from now on.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We ran into another crew on the outpost who were stupid and didn't repair their ship after a few tacit engagements and some sporadic fire between us, then running aground after trying to flee the outpost. They saved a single chicken they had lovingly named "Chick Fil A".

We came into port as we had about 5 chests and a skull we found prepping to make anchor and drop off. This other crew is sitting on the dock, playing instruments, probably just determined to steal our stuff but we can't prove it so we leave myself (acting captain) aboard and the other three quickly depart to unload our loot. Then, I get close enough to hear proximity chat (we are in discord so no threat) their devious plan to pretend to be our friends then come and steal our boat! I then inform the mighty morons that "you do realize we can hear you right?" and they then shut up, we beat them up, steal Chick Fil A, and spend the next 4 hours with him as our mascot.

This game kicks ass.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Piloting a ship solo in the middle of a storm while you have several chests, skulls and valuable chickens in your hold is something everyone should experience once. It's tense, fraught, and stunning.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017

I got stuck in what seemed to be a 15 minute storm and i just put AC/DC's thunder on repeat and rode it all the way to hell. Hell which is i hit a giant rock and sunk and lost 3 chests. I need to find a group to play with.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
that review thread is just people wanting confirmation bias
cant wait till a few weeks, where people like this will f off

aember

Oct 26, 2017
How? I don't see a prompt anywhere.

The beginning of this game is not user friendly at all.
If you're on the small ship, the sloop, go down the stairs into your captain's cabin and look at the desk on the right side.
For the big ship, the galleon, it's the main center desk in the captain's cabin.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Man, this is a lot of fun. Linked up with a friend from the gym, he was playing on PC and me on my Xbox One X. Flawless connection. We did a few voyages, traded in some chests, until we found a special one. Skeletons attacking us, water turning black, suddenly our ship sank and another chest appeared in its place. We put the chests on the mainland, got a new ship from the mermaid, and then sailed back to get them. On our way back, I got turned around steering the ship, and we ended up at a random cove with a shipwreck. Right as I dive off the ship, a cannonball misses me and impacts our ship. Another crew wanted our stuff. :lol

We ended up hightailing it to sanctuary cove, with the other ship on our tail. We managed to turn in our two chests, but the other crew sunk our ship out of spite before sailing off again.

This is the ultimate chill-with-friends game, goddamn, I'm impressed.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
zSjLvdI.jpg

3-manned a fort with friends and barring a Stronghold chest you can't see to the left this is all the plunder we walked away with - and we managed to turn it all in too!

Fought off the same sloop twice while doing so and after being sunk by a galleon we returned, drained them of all resources and caused them to flee.

Having a lot of fun with this game.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone who's interested in games performance: vgtech posted a video and it's disappointing to me. Can't post video, I'm on mobile.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Dunno if I love or hate this game

Cool things:
Had a big ship pull up next to my brothers and I shitty little one and give us a chest, we danced and stuff was fun
Turning in stuff on island big crew there waving us in, drank danced and took drunken pot shots at each other (died once)

So so things:
Everything so expensive, should be low tier stuff like the beard and hair that are a few hundred. Did 5 or 6 missions and only have 900 gold
Everything is so slow. Takes a long time to get around for the little bit of cash u get in return (and yes we know how the sails work).

Things that suck:
Ran into a group of 4 that boarded our ship and spawn camped us. Only had 2 shitty skulls. Instantly soured us on game.

Maybe a few weeks out the griefers will get board but until then pays to avoid anyone, witch sucks because those encourers are so great.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
This game is obtuse as hell. I can't figure it out. I wish there was more structure. I get what they're going at to let you have adventures but going solo so far for an hour has been nothing but frustrating.

My ship disappeared randomly when I finally found a treasure chest. The only way to get it back was to drop the chest and return to it via the guy with the flare. Super annoying.

Spawn

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to giving this game a try when I get home. I need a crew though.

If anyone wants to add me feel free I don't have a lot of time to play but would like to be in a group. I am a middle age gamer with a full time day job and usually only put in 1-2 hours a night between 7 and 10 central time.

Gamer tag: Mikester70

Status
Not open for further replies.