• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
Just got into a storm, survived but then as soon as I got out my ship turned upside down and sank.

What the hell? I thought I was grabbed by a Kraken but it just... sank.

In storms, your boat floods due to the heavy rain. It can also get struck by lightning.

When in a storm, someone needs to be checking below deck to see if you need to bucket or repair.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe this game doesn't have a brightness setting, WTF. It's so damned dark at night I can't see a thing.

Also, crews that blow my ship up when I'm not even on it suck ass. Whats the point :(

Pandy

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
you are not true pirates if you are afraid of downloading the game right now.

#bemorepirate
tenor.gif

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted... Thing being I don't know if the game would manage to get it's claws in me, and I have plenty of other things I should play right now.
I think I'll wait on this. See how the community goes over time.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
A few questions...When I was playing the last Beta when you received a quest from the Merchant Alliance it tells you which Outpost to take the items too. But can you turn them in at any outpost? Or does it have to be turned in as the map directs to the one listed?

Second thing that I was never clear on. So if I join a group and I am just starting out, level 0 with all alliances and these guys are like level 20 and are doing level 20 quests, by just joining them and being in the party, I get the full rewards of things turned in? You would think it would scale if that is the case. Let's say you are level 0, quest being turned in is level 20, that you as a level 0 player should only get a percentage of that. Not sure how that works exactly. And by level I mean reputation.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A few questions...When I was playing the last Beta when you received a quest from the Merchant Alliance it tells you which Outpost to take the items too. But can you turn them in at any outpost? Or does it have to be turned in as the map directs to the one listed?

Second thing that I was never clear on. So if I join a group and I am just starting out, level 0 with all alliances and these guys are like level 20 and are doing level 20 quests, by just joining them and being in the party, I get the full rewards of things turned in? You would think it would scale if that is the case. Let's say you are level 0, quest being turned in is level 20, that you as a level 0 player should only get a percentage of that. Not sure how that works exactly. And by level I mean reputation.

You can technically turn them in anywhere, but to get the most gold, you take it to the island on the note. You'll get 50gold or less anyplace, but for the quest 300+

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don't know the answer to the second, but for the first, you can turn them in at other outposts but you get less gold for doing so

Grylvak

Oct 29, 2017

From what I understand: if you join their level 20 crew and you are part of their quest, you get the benefits if it is completed.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe this game doesn't have a brightness setting, WTF. It's so damned dark at night I can't see a thing.

Also, crews that blow my ship up when I'm not even on it suck ass. Whats the point :(

#1 you have a lantern. And surprise, usually night = dark.

#2 it is a pirate game. Some pirates will attack on site, regardless if you are on the boat. Others will just sail on by. We are all pirates on the high sea's mate!!!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
just saw king gothalion hand in about half the chests from a skeleton fort and he went from lvl 7 gold hoarders to lvl 11 from one stronghold chest

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
It isn't dark, not at all. If it is, it's your TV and I bet that has a brightness setting. ;)
And about that brightness setting ...

Go into your Xbox settings. They have a calibration tool you can use to set you brightness and contrast properly, along with some other stuff that can give you optimal picture quality.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I am so bad at this game lol.

I saw another sloop, this one with two people, and fancied meeting up and saying hello. Tried to pull up alongside them, but completely misjudged it and rammed into their boat HARD. They were not pleased.

Love it, though.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
You mean without? All people with Game Pass are playing for almost 9 hours already.

You can download it with just clicking on the NZ store, no change needed, just click on the NZ Microsoft website on download.

So if you go to the NZ Microsoft store on a PC, sign into your account that has Gamepass and click install on xbox one it will be the game?
OH SHIT WHAT.

Guess I know what I'm doing when I get home since I'm a lowdown New Zealand pirate now arghhh

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
So if you go to the NZ Microsoft store on a PC, sign into your account that has Gamepass and click install on xbox one it will be the game?
OH SHIT WHAT.

Guess I know what I'm doing when I get home since I'm a lowdown New Zealand pirate now arghhh
Yes exactly, that's all.

But starting it only works if you set your Xbox to NZ which is also just a click and can be changed as much as you want. So yeah, easy.

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
Idk if there is a rule to talk about it in here or not. I switched my region to New Zealand to download the game. I don't want my account to be banned though so afraid to play. Think if I did I would get banned?

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Yes exactly, that's all.

But starting it only works if you set your Xbox to NZ which is also just a click and can be changed as much as you want. So yeah, easy.

When I get home this is exactly what I'll do. Thanks for the help!

Actually does it need to be set to NZ EVERY time I want to start it up for now on or is it until it launches in the US and then I can play no problem? I'll wait for midnight if there's a problem.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cheapest place to get a month of Live?

I wonder if these codes I have from 360 games still work? Probably expired =|

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
When I get home this is exactly what I'll do. Thanks for the help!

Actually does it need to be set to NZ EVERY time I want to start it up for now on or is it until it launches in the US and then I can play no problem? I'll wait for midnight if there's a problem.

Nah, when it launched officially you can change it back.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Anyone who has the Ferryman costume in their chest and uses it in-game? Just wondering since i recently bought the controller with the dlc included.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Come on guys, you can't be that naive, be more pirates... Jokes aside, they aren't banning anyone for changing regions, the folks that did this (we) are the most vocal and excited fans of the game, and Microsoft and Rare are looking for all the good will they can get.

Anyway, just stopped to play and I have to say this: RDR2, Metro Exodus and Forza Horizon 4 have to be a fuckton of amazing to surpass Sea of Thieves as my GOTY, this game is truly special and I can't wait to see what Rare have for the future.

And finally, now I can say: Rare's back, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.