• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, that's discouraging. :(

I don't do multiplayer. With my life right now, I have to pause or outright quit the game far too frequently, so it would be way too frustrating.

Sounds like SoT isn't really ideal for you then anyway. It's not greatly conductive to short sessions. This Seasons progression is aimed at solving that to a degree but a session of the game is very much strapping in for a 'session', not loading up and having fifteen minutes of fun at a time. Nothing on your ship (in terms of supplies, loot, current missions etc) saves between sessions. You're starting with a fresh ship every time you load up. It's more comparible to a game of Dota 2 or something (in terms of starting a fresh game each time, long session with others) than playing some single player game that you can just stick in rest mode.

Jun 19, 2020
Time to let my Pirate Legend sail again. There seems to be a lot of new stuff that I havent seen yet. And the seasons sound good.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I found one I hit Pirate Legend the game lost its allure as the grind was just too much for minimal experience boost.

Im hoping this will bring me back.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted to come back to this numerous times but it never ends well. My last try the games matchmaking was completely broken. It took at least an hour to finally get it to find a team without either hard locking or failing to find anyone and when I did get things to hold up long enough to get into a team, they'd either leave immediately or drop the sails, raise the anchor and leave.

Is matchmaking functional now and are the playerbase actually interested in playing?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I don't mind playing alone ........in my small boat all by myself

trying to get a cat or a parrot

Oct 28, 2017
The emissary flags help immensely to the point where I felt like I was maybe cheating my way to pirate legend.
Music in my ears, gimme that rep lol. Im 37/50/38, and really just want to get to Legendary for the Athena quests and sort of play more laterally in the world. Playing mostly solo.

don't forget to lower the emissary flag before going offline. You'll get a decent amount of gold and reputation for it.

Will do, glad to hear there are ways to help with the reputation grind.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been enjoying this a lot lately.

Looking forward to finding out what cosmetics we're getting with this first Plunder Pass.

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Music in my ears, gimme that rep lol. Im 37/50/38, and really just want to get to Legendary for the Athena quests and sort of play more laterally in the world. Playing mostly solo.

Oh you'll do that easily, I play mostly solo and the "grind" from 50 to 75 for the companies has been fairly easy too with the Emissary flags.

Though just remember, being an Emissary brings great reward but also makes you a higher grade target for PvPers. Try and offer Alliances for safety, hide your ship on sides of islands less travelled, etc. But if a Grade 5 Reaper is on the server, they can see your location and the location of all other Emissary players on the map. (Basically, before you set off, check to make sure there are no Reapers on the seas, and if there are, consider server hopping for a good start)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This update brings my absolute new favourite premium cosmetic ship set too. The Lunar Festival (Chinese New Year) set.

Can't find any good pics to share at the moment but it's glorious. All red and gold.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Made a Thread earlier, but 120hz Mode for Series X!

Nestled in the Release Notes:

120Hz Performance Mode
  • On the Xbox Series X console, a performance mode is available supporting 120Hz at 1080p. Some TVs do not support 120Hz and HDR simultaneously, so HDR may need to be disabled from the Console Settings.