• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
One thing I'd like to do is get multiple crews in the same server. Or at a sloop/brig as a support vessel. No way to do that at the moment apart from luck/persuading another crew to leave....right?

Many people are on 'PvE servers' by taking over a server. Befriend everyone, add them to your friendlist and when you are succesful you got 5 friendly ships on one server.

Don't think Rare wants that tho.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the latest update is nice. m/k support on xbox. easy switching on the fly. can use a keyboard for text chat and then continue on using a controller.
Yeah I want to test this out as well. Is it as simple as hooking up a USB mouse and keyboard and you are good to go? Can you have the controller running along side the mouse and keyboard?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I want to test this out as well. Is it as simple as hooking up a USB mouse and keyboard and you are good to go? Can you have the controller running along side the mouse and keyboard?

Yes to both. Just plug in your USB KB and mouse and it recognises it and you're good to go. Just plays the same as it would on PC. You'd have to have your controller plugged in for headset stuff I'd imagine? Unless you use a USB headset or whatever.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
yep just that simple. swapping between the two is seemless so you can easily use a keyboard for text chat and controller for gameplay.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes to both. Just plug in your USB KB and mouse and it recognises it and you're good to go. Just plays the same as it would on PC. You'd have to have your controller plugged in for headset stuff I'd imagine? Unless you use a USB headset or whatever.
Headset is the main reason, yes. Not sure if Xbox supports a USB headset. Don't even know if there would be a slot for it tbh.

I was ok at combat in this game earlier on, could hang with PC folk, but they've changed it a bit and modified some weapon and aiming behavior. Feels much more clunky to me on a controller but it could be that I'm not used to it anymore.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I think the only options atm are officially licensed wireless headsets (xbox has no bluetooth) and aux in on the controller.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-compatible-headset

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This launches at a perfect time too.

I will be close to division'd out.
The Apex Battle Pass sucks, which is fine because I don't feel compelled to grind.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
So, there will be multiple streams the coming weeks and a press event. And I expect them to be at Inside Xbox in April too. We'll probably hear a lot more about the update in these weeks.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Question I have for Rare:

What happened to the Legendary hideout being the starting point in the world?
What happened to the whole Legendary Captain/Crews Update?

Mike Chapman@Rare:
"For legends, one of the things we want to add as part of our post-launch plans is the idea of pirate legends becoming legendary captains. So you get to own your own ship. So instead of starting in a tavern you will start in effectively your hideout, and your ship will be moored here. And you'll all board the ship together and sail out through the waterfall, explode out through the water like Batman. And when people see your ship in the world they'll know you're a pirate legend."

Another one from Mike@Rare

"One of the first major updates we want to add is the idea of Pirate Legends becoming Legendary Captains," Design Director Mike Chapman said to PC Games N."You become this fictional Jack Sparrow or Blackbeard of the pirate world in Sea of Thieves, and will build your own Black Pearl… people will know you're a Pirate Legend when they see your ship in the world."

Where is this stuff?!

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Question I have for Rare:

What happened to the Legendary hideout being the starting point in the world?
What happened to the whole Legendary Captain/Crews Update?

Mike Chapman@Rare:
"For legends, one of the things we want to add as part of our post-launch plans is the idea of pirate legends becoming legendary captains. So you get to own your own ship. So instead of starting in a tavern you will start in effectively your hideout, and your ship will be moored here. And you'll all board the ship together and sail out through the waterfall, explode out through the water like Batman. And when people see your ship in the world they'll know you're a pirate legend."

Another one from Mike@Rare

"One of the first major updates we want to add is the idea of Pirate Legends becoming Legendary Captains," Design Director Mike Chapman said to PC Games N."You become this fictional Jack Sparrow or Blackbeard of the pirate world in Sea of Thieves, and will build your own Black Pearl… people will know you're a Pirate Legend when they see your ship in the world."

Where is this stuff?!
This was all put on the backburner for now...

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing again for awhile, so close to Legend and this just keeps the train going! Loving the game alot!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Do you play with a good group of friends or solo?

I want to check it out (have it on Gamepass) but don't know anyone else that plays it.

With friends. 99% of the time with friends I've met playing Sea of Thieves though! Happy to play with you if you ever want to try it. Just message me.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
the latest update is nice. m/k support on xbox. easy switching on the fly. can use a keyboard for text chat and then continue on using a controller.
example: you can now easily type out "PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED!" right before ramming into a ship. tried and tested technique.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Mostly true. David Tenant did some voice work for the Kinect Sports franchise. Otherwise, yeah, I believe it has all been in-house, which is great. Imagine how much that must save on production costs?

They also used actual voice actors for Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero (ironically enough, the in-house acting for PD was better than the professional acting in PDZ). And yes, they also used voice actors for the Kinect Sports franchise as well, although David Tennant only did voice work for Rivals, I believe.

Another fun fact is that Troy Baker (the guy who voiced Joel in The Last of Us) also did some voice work for Kinect Sports Season Two apparently!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Pets - Not at the level of quality they want yet so not in this update. Will release when they think they are
Tall Tales - Shores of Gold is the first tale they add. Can play as a crew or alone and its still in the shared world.
Press is coming to Rare next week. Expect article about the update mid april.
April 10 - Arena stream
April 16th - Hunters call stream
April 23rd - Tall Tales stream

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Btw press event was this week. So hopefully maybe next week previews?
Also the first livestream start on the 10th covering Arena.