• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Sea of Thieves: 2024 Edition on Steam

Sea of Thieves is a smash-hit pirate adventure game, offering the quintessential pirate experience of plundering lost treasures, intense battles, vanquishing sea monsters and more. Dive in with this revised edition of the game, which includes access to digital bonus media.

Kudos to lashman for bringing it to my attention.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Man Sea of Thieves is SO MUCH FUN now after all of the additions and updates and quality of life improvements. There is never a lack of something to do now, it's almost overwhelming the amount of things you can go and do.

If you got burned on it when it originally released, give it another try. It's a totally different game now.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Cool, nice to see more Microsoft games on the way. I wonder if Minecraft will ever make it.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
As one of the best, most unique games this generation, this will stand to do very well on Steam. Can't wait for that population bump! :)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Game has been doing great on Xbox for a long while now. Even going up and up these last months on the most played.

Jun 1, 2018
YESSS I love the new microsoft. I have some steam credits left so I will buy it there for sure even though I hated the single player experience I love the world they created,

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
store.steampowered.com

Sea of Thieves: 2024 Edition on Steam

Sea of Thieves is a smash-hit pirate adventure game, offering the quintessential pirate experience of plundering lost treasures, intense battles, vanquishing sea monsters and more. Dive in with this revised edition of the game, which includes access to digital bonus media.

Kudos to lashman for bringing it to my attention.

This game will do well on steam IMO

the first game I covered on DF :D

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there actually a satisfying gameplay loop now? Dont get me wrong I loved the idea but the mayhem of beta was it's best moments imo. Once we got the actual game it was quite a let down. I still played for a while but after doing like 5 things you'd basically seen it all

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Is there actually a satisfying gameplay loop now? Dont get me wrong I loved the idea but the mayhem of beta was it's best moments imo. Once we got the actual game it was quite a let down. I still played for a while but after doing like 5 things you'd basically seen it all

The Tall Tale campaigns are a joy to play with friends. It has some Indiana Jones vibes, with a lot of puzzles, platforming and storytelling. And the main gameplay loop has also vastly improved since launch. With much more to do and a more filled out world.

Oh, and they've added a starters campaign, a tutorial, called the Maiden Voyage.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Drive-by posting
I would've prefered a good game instead. Like Forza Horizon 4. Or Gears of War 1.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Any single player content or is it all online?

Though would have preferred Gears 1 or Forza Horizon 4 to be honest.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Tall Tale campaigns are a joy to play with friends. It has some Indiana Jones vibes, with a lot of puzzles, platforming and storytelling. And the main gameplay loop has also vastly improved since launch. With much more to do and a more filled out world.

Oh, and they've added a starters campaign, a tutorial, called the Maiden Voyage.

Ah ok. Do we have a very active community at Era? I'm thinking if I jump back in it would be best to join our discord or something and play with a premade

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
So this marks the first Rare developed game to appear on Steam, yes?

I know there's also Killer Instinct, but that's not entirely developed by Rare like this is.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Seems like fun, but one of the best games of the generation? That seems like an enormous stretch

That's always personal. It is among my top 3 games of this generation. And I'm not even pirate legend yet!

Just, during this quarantine alone I've had so much fun with my friends playing through the Tall Tales missions. I just think that after a session of 4-5 hours you should quit, as it can become tedious after a while. The combat is still not great and doing fetch quests still isn't that creative.

Do like that they've added other ways to become a pirate legend too. You could get to level 50 by fishing, or level 50 by playing in the competitive Arena mode. So you don't need to have a full level on all fetch quest factions to become a pirate legend.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Man Sea of Thieves is SO MUCH FUN now after all of the additions and updates and quality of life improvements. There is never a lack of something to do now, it's almost overwhelming the amount of things you can go and do.

If you got burned on it when it originally released, give it another try. It's a totally different game now.
Can I sail more than 5 minutes without getting killed by a crew of 4 people with all the best gear now?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Can I sail more than 5 minutes without getting killed by a crew of 4 people with all the best gear now?

There is no 'best gear' as all gear is equal. And yes, most of the times you only encounter one player per hour. At least, that has been my experience lately.

Ah ok. Do we have a very active community at Era? I'm thinking if I jump back in it would be best to join our discord or something and play with a premade

The OT is kinda dead, but I highly recommend the Sea of Thieves Discord. It's easy to find a group there.
discord.gg

Join the Sea of Thieves Discord Server!

Sea of Thieves is available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Windows 10/11 and Steam! | 358124 members