• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Since the baby is sleeping and I cannot have anything with sound right now: Can you tell us what he says?

Brent Spiner confirms it is B4 in the drawer, and then all the other cast look around worried like "should he have said that?" He also says he plays as Data, but isn't in every episode.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It looks like Picard is going to Comic Con in this pic

I think its the Anaheim Convention Center:
dAFJdGi.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this is old news:

Edit: Looks like it is. Oh well maybe news for someone.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I wonder if he'll resume his fluting hobbies.
In reality the memories involved with the woman that he sent to her death whom caused him to be interested in the flute in the first place would be too much to bare and he'd never play the thing again.

My guess is no, he won't.

Edit: Riker is in a scene where it turns out the Picard show is all a hologram. I can't wait!

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
In reality the memories involved with the woman that he sent to her death whom caused him to be interested in the flute in the first place would be too much to bare and he'd never play the thing again.

My guess is no, he won't.

Edit: Riker is in a scene where it turns out the Picard show is all a hologram. I can't wait!
But she survived...then dumped him and transferred to another ship so they'd never be in that situation again.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Star Trek: Picard certainly sounds like an interesting series to me, especially since it's set 20 years after the events in Star Trek Nemesis, if I recall correctly, Nemesis was set during the Voyager era because I think Janeway had a cameo in Nemesis as an Admiral which means Picard is set post-Voyager.

I'm certain Seven of Nine knew about Picard because he was formerly a Borg and I'm certain when Seven was a Borg in Voyager, everything about Picard was already part of the Borg Collective meaning all Borg would have the knowledge of Picard, I'm thinking within the 20 year period between the events of Nemesis to this Picard series, Seven of Nine must've met Picard within that time period, I'm guessing there might be possible flashback scenes showing Seven first meeting Picard.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooks did not even want to work on Star Trek documentaries,
He's in What We left Behind. Albeit a very brief appearance.
Star Trek: Picard certainly sounds like an interesting series to me, especially since it's set 20 years after the events in Star Trek Nemesis, if I recall correctly, Nemesis was set during the Voyager era because I think Janeway had a cameo in Nemesis as an Admiral which means Picard is set post-Voyager.
Nemesis is post Voyager.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

not even a Star Trek fan but I had chills the whole trailer. Wow I am in.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
They ought to have a comedic scene where 87 women show up to tell Riker he has a son he never met.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So since we have confirmation of non TNG characters showing up, what DS9 character would you guys want to make am appearance in this show, whether its this season or a future one?
Since Benjamin Sisko is likely off the table because Avery Brooks is done with Trek I think I'd have to say Quark. It'd be neat to see how he's changed over time, as well as Ferengi society. I think he'd probably be one of the easier ones to fit an appearance in naturally as well, he could be selling Picard and his crew something they need for example.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
So since we have confirmation of non TNG characters showing up, what DS9 character would you guys want to make am appearance in this show, whether its this season or a future one?
Since Benjamin Sisko is likely off the table because Avery Brooks is done with Trek I think I'd have to say Quark. It'd be neat to see how he's changed over time, as well as Ferengi society. I think he'd probably be one of the easier ones to fit an appearance in naturally as well, he could be selling Picard and his crew something they need for example.

O'Brien seems most likely, given he already has a past relationship with Picard.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I like the one that suggested Jake Sisko as a writer.

Would be great to get some kind of update on the Dominion, Bajor, DS9, and the Gamma Quadrant though.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Would be great to get some kind of update on the Dominion, Bajor, DS9, and the Gamma Quadrant though.
I think that kind of stuff would probably be better suited for a show that's not focused so much on Picard and the Borg. Though who knows where this show might go after Season 1, assuming it's not a one and done.
I do think we'll start to learn about that stuff in the near future though, now that we are out of prequel territory.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
One question I have: In the very brief clip of Seven of Nine she seemed to behave like...a normal human. Yet from what I remember from the show her character was quite robotic, almost Vulcan-like. Obviously this was done on purpose as a result of her being a former Borg drone, but what I can't recall is whether her more human qualities came about during the original run of Voyager or whether her persona as shown in the trailer is implied to be the result of her further mental rehab / development which happened between the time when Voyager ended to the events of this show. Does anyone have any insight into this?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
One question I have: In the very brief clip of Seven of Nine she seemed to behave like...a normal human. Yet from what I remember from the show her character was quite robotic, almost Vulcan-like. Obviously this was done on purpose as a result of her being a former Borg drone, but what I can't recall is whether her more human qualities came about during the original run of Voyager or whether her persona as shown in the trailer is implied to be the result of her further mental rehab / development which happened between the time when Voyager ended to the events of this show. Does anyone have any insight into this?
A big part of the show was her becoming more human, so now we are many years removed from that and she's been living in human society. It lines up perfectly.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

She was the "Data" of the series in a way, she became more human as it went on. A huge focus in many episodes was her learning some lesson about how to become more un-borg like.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
A big part of the show was her becoming more human, so now we are many years removed from that and she's been living in human society. It lines up perfectly.

Yeah I remember several episodes dedicated to her re-discovering humanity. What I couldn't remember was whether she had gotten to the point where she behaved like a normal human during the original Voyager run (as much as is portrayed in the 5 second clip we see in this trailer) or whether that happens sometime after Voyager ended and before the events of this series.

I can't recall exactly if she was "normal" during say, the last handful of Voyager episdoes.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I remember several episodes dedicated to her re-discovering humanity. What I couldn't remember was whether she had gotten to the point where she behaved like a normal human during the original Voyager run (as much as is portrayed in the 5 second clip we see in this trailer) or whether that happens sometime after Voyager ended and before the events of this series.

I can't recall exactly if she was "normal" during say, the last handful of Voyager episdoes.
She was more normal at the end of the show than when she was introduced, but no, she wasn't this human.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
She was more normal at the end of the show than when she was introduced, but no, she wasn't this human.

Ok that's in-line with what I remember. I need to re-watch all of Voyager as it's been forever.

I love the idea of her getting to a point where she can act/feel like a normal person again. Like seeing her in that clip made me think "Hell yes she made it out ok!"

I sincerely hope she's not some one-episode cameo guest star. I want her to play a prominent role in things. There's so much they could do with her character, especially when playing off of Picard given their...shared background.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Ok that's in-line with what I remember. I need to re-watch all of Voyager as it's been forever.

I love the idea of her getting to a point where she can act/feel like a normal person again. Like seeing her in that clip made me think "Hell yes she made it out ok!"

I sincerely hope she's not some one-episode cameo guest star. I want her to play a prominent role in things. There's so much they could do with her character, especially when playing off of Picard given their...shared background.
The fact that they chose to highlight her instead of any TNG cameos makes me think she will be a major character.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I did this within the last 5 years or so and I honestly feel like it holds up better than TNG. Before I get hate piled on me too hard, let me break down the whys.

First, TNG has the better highs, and the lows are less low than Voyager, I don't think a single person would disagree with this. TNG however, has the most "that was okay I guess..." episodes. There are almost no stakes and very little continuity in TNG. While Voyager isn't as serial as DS9, it does have a greater continuity from episode to episode.

Also, while TNG's worst episodes aren't as bad, it kind of works to a detriment. Yes, warp 10 lizards is an amazingly stupid concept... but it's a hilariously bad episode. It's harder to get burnt out on Voyager IMO because of that.

Nov 11, 2017
I did this within the last 5 years or so and I honestly feel like it holds up better than TNG. Before I get hate piled on me too hard, let me break down the whys.

First, TNG has the better highs, and the lows are less low than Voyager, I don't think a single person would disagree with this. TNG however, has the most "that was okay I guess..." episodes. There are almost no stakes and very little continuity in TNG. While Voyager isn't as serial as DS9, it does have a greater continuity from episode to episode.

Also, while TNG's worst episodes aren't as bad, it kind of works to a detriment. Yes, warp 10 lizards is an amazingly stupid concept... but it's a hilariously bad episode. It's harder to get burnt out on Voyager IMO because of that.
But forgetting about the episodic storylines, the characters and how they balance eachother is perfection in TNG. Voyager just did a twist on TNG but it doesn't compare.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
But forgetting about the episodic storylines, the characters and how they balance eachother is perfection in TNG. Voyager just did a twist on TNG but it doesn't compare.
Grew up with both, and I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying in principle... I just know I can go through 3-5 episodes of Voyager at a time without too much trouble, but TNG is much harder to binge straight like that. DS9 I didn't get into when I was younger, but me and my wife would tackle as many or more in a row versus Voyager, the serialized nature of DS9 really helps it hold up.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness

I doubt they'll touch on the DS9 stuff: this feels like the TNG equivalent to the TOS films. And where they had a focus on Kirk's relationship with the Klingons, this looks like it will focus on Picard and the Romulans/Borg.

Worf is a given, I'm sure, so maybe Martok will put in an appearance too. The big question then will be: are they going to stick with the TNG era Klingon look, or update it to Discovery's?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt they'll touch on the DS9 stuff: this feels like the TNG equivalent to the TOS films. And where they had a focus on Kirk's relationship with the Klingons, this looks like it will focus on Picard and the Romulans/Borg.

Worf is a given, I'm sure, so maybe Martok will put in an appearance too. The big question then will be: are they going to stick with the TNG era Klingon look, or update it to Discovery's?
Discovery kind of already went back to the old Klingon design by the second season. I think they'll go with something like that.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

wXDpeBs.gif

I just rewatched this ep.