• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Looks like Shinzon (well, at least his corpse) is in the trailer on a sort of operating table or maybe morgue around 1:45 of the trailer. Maybe the mystery girl is related to him? Would explain why a 1) she would have a connection to Picard (since Shinzon was a clone of him) and 2) a Romulan is saying "She is the end of all, she is a destroyer," since Shinzon was a Reman and they were considered a lesser class in Romulas and her father basically killed the Romulan Senate to get revenge.

Very excited for this!

Doesn't look like shinzon to me, looks like they're removing borg augments.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
They were planning to have Ro on DS9, IIRC. Major Kira Nerys was created to replace her absence.
Yeah that's what I recall hearing. But yeah, they wanted her on DS9 but the actress refused. Then she agreed to come back for "one last time" in the penultimate TNG episode and show her true allegiances. While this was supposed to be a bookend for the character, it actually made her fate more unknown because of what of course became of the Maquis in DS9, something she was heavily involved in.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I mean Brent Spiner is a LOT older now. Of course he wasn't going to look exactly like Data from all those years ago. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that he doesn't look exactly like he did from Nemesis nearly 20 years ago. They also had to apply more effects/probably CG in order to get him to better resemble DATA from 20 years ago. Personally I'm impressed at how good he actually does look on screen.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, for the record I think Data looks great. It's awesome to see him in action again!
Yeah that's what I recall hearing. But yeah, they wanted her on DS9 but the actress refused. Then she agreed to come back for "one last time" in the penultimate TNG episode and show her true allegiances. While this was supposed to be a bookend for the character, it actually made her fate more unknown because of what of course became of the Maquis in DS9, something she was heavily involved in.
Oh yeah, that's a great point.

VOY was probably going to go more into Maquis stuff before... y'know... it lost all interest in the subject a few episodes in the series or w/e.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Brent Spiner is a LOT older now. Of course he wasn't going to look exactly like Data from all those years ago. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that he doesn't look exactly like he did from Nemesis nearly 20 years ago. They also had to apply more effects/probably CG in order to get him to better resemble DATA from 20 years ago. Personally I'm impressed at how good he actually does look on screen.
Plus it's higher quality, even compared to the movies

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I know we don't want to talk about "Enterprise", but technically shouldn't the Federation have realized at some point that the crashed vessel they found in the ice in the episode "Regeneration" was Borg so they probably have covertly been working with it too to some degree.
There was nothing left of that though. The Borg took everything with them to modify the freighter they took.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking she could be the "daughter" of Data and the Borg Queen but she is probably too young for that. Data and the Queen had their interactions about 26 years before this series

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know about them leaning so hard into Borg, Voy, and Nemesis. I was hoping for something that was smaller in scale, more focused... and uhhh... intelligent. That trailer didn't do much for said hopes.

So now I'll just hope that Picard and Seven have a creepy ex-Borg romance, and she bears the Next Generation of Picards. I mean she can't still be hooking up with freakin' Chakotay. Pls.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about them leaning so hard into Borg, Voy, and Nemesis. I was hoping for something that was smaller in scale, more focused... and uhhh... intelligent. That trailer didn't do much for said hopes.

So now I'll just hope that Picard and Seven have a creepy ex-Borg romance, and she bears the Next Generation of Picards. I mean she can't still be hooking up with freakin' Chakotay. Pls.
I would like to think everyone on the cast and production team here understood that stupid Seven x Chakotay pairing for what it was, an utter joke just to keep Robert Beltran from walking off the final season and stopping his badmouthing the show.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Looks much better than I expected after the key art and, well, STD. Data I kinda expected but Seven is a nice surprise.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
So the Captain Picard day banner + the "Be the captain they remember" line.

So his crew is made up of people who where probably children on the 1701-D?

I suspect one of the new crew grew up on the Enterprise D.

"Be the Captain they remember" could mean any number of things, though. It could simply mean stop being Vintner Picard and become Captain Picard again.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god they are using this series to undo the stupidity that Nemesis, Voyager and Star Trek 2009 invoked upon the franchise.

Deleted member 3758

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
_
Screen_Shot_2019-07-21_at_3.22.29_AM.png

Last edited:

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
An excellent teaser with surprises. 7 of 9? I never expected that. Truly excited for this show to premiere.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Was not expecting Seven of Nine. Also glad to see there will be scenes with Data. Hopefully Riker is in it too (and the rest of the TNG cast for that matter.)

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I hope 7 of 9 has the most minor of parts in this show. She was the worst part of Voyager for me.

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
Aw man, the trailer was really offputting for me. Looked like all the dumb action and cliches of STD but with Patrick Stewart and TNG nostalgia trying to keep it afloat. I hope I'm wrong but that trailer bummed me out.

Oct 25, 2017
Early 2020? I was expecting late this year for some reason, I remember hearing that somewhere. Oh well, my Amazon Prime Video trial will definitely be renewed at that point so I will watch this with the 7 day trial.

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like Shinzon (well, at least his corpse) is in the trailer on a sort of operating table or maybe morgue around 1:45 of the trailer. Maybe the mystery girl is related to him? Would explain why a 1) she would have a connection to Picard (since Shinzon was a clone of him) and 2) a Romulan is saying "She is the end of all, she is a destroyer," since Shinzon was a Reman and they were considered a lesser class in Romulas and her father basically killed the Romulan Senate to get revenge.

Very excited for this!

I doubt theyll reference that dumpster fire of a movie. My guess the girl is the perfect balance of Borg and human. Shes got the beneficial hardware and benefits of a hive mind without the loss of individuality.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of 80 year old men are out doing archaeology.

I doubt theyll reference that dumpster fire of a movie. My guess the girl is the perfect balance of Borg and human. Shes got the beneficial hardware and benefits of a hive mind without the loss of individuality.

They literally have Data in pieces and refer to him sacrificing himself lol.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Am I weird for always being caught off guard when I see Patrick Stewart walking? Dude is always going to be Professor X to me.