• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell didn't they say anything before this, instead of just tossing up the preorder out of nowhere?

Here's what it says about the deluxe edition:
◆Content included in this product◆
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays (Main Story)
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays Season Pass
•[Season Pass Reward] Bonus Mission: Gain Extra Mobility Parts!
•[Digital Deluxe Edition Reward] Bonus Mission: Gain HP Boosting Parts!

◆[Season Pass Reward] Details◆
Gain various Mobility boosting parts for units and capital after deploying as a group.
Unlock Bonus Mission: Gain Extra Mobility Parts.
•[Supply Part] Accel Drive: If equipped unit has less than 250 Maneuverability, then Mobility +1.
•[Supply Part] MS EX Booster I: Mobility +1. Maneuverability -25.
•[Supply Part] MS EX Booster II: Mobility +2. Maneuverability -50.
•[Supply Part] Standard EX Booster: Mobility +1.

◆[Digital Deluxe Edition Reward] Details◆
Gain various HP boosting parts for units after deploying as a group.
Unlock the Bonus Mission: Gain HP Boosting Parts.
•[Supply Part] Auto-Repair Device: Recover 3% of Max HP per turn.
•[Supply Part] SP Armor Layer α: Max HP +2,000. DEF +60.
•[Supply Part] SP Armor Layer β: Max HP +5,000.
•[Supply Part] SP Repair Device: Recover 3% HP for any ally unit within range.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey there salromano. Did you find more information about PS4 and Switch availability?

I see that there's no info about this yet in Gematsu.

Yes, it was. East and Southeast Asia only.

I already prepared a post and sent out an e-mail asking about the PS4 and Switch versions, but am waiting a bit before publishing to give them a chance to respond. If I don't hear back within an hour or so I'll post the news about the PC version for tonight.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not familiar with the franchise... so this is like SRW, but Gundam only?
In terms of raw gameplay, yes, but you're also constantly 'evolving' your units into other suits once they reach a certain level (there were ~650 in the last game). It's a pretty addictive loop, and you get to play through all of the Gundam side stories, which can point you towards some pretty cool stuff to check out.

BobZhn

Nov 17, 2017
SE Asia
Great news, but the limited Gundam timelines and no-grand-crossover story is a turn off. Super Robot Wars 5 looks more attractive, for now.

Looking forward to a PC GGen with a more comprehensive scope in the future, similar to Overworld on PSP.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I already prepared a post and sent out an e-mail asking about the PS4 and Switch versions, but am waiting a bit before publishing to give them a chance to respond. If I don't hear back within an hour or so I'll post the news about the PC version for tonight.
Cool, I see that the article is up now.

(Update 9:08 p.m.: A Bandai Namco representative told Gematsu, "Unfortunately, we don't have any news to share at this very moment.")
Does it mean that for the time being, only the PC version that's available in the West? I wonder what's holding them up.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Great news, but the limited Gundam timelines and no-grand-crossover story is a turn off.
Honestly, considering that all the Gundam sidestories that have story missions are either long out of print or never got legally released outside of Japan, the game has some value for that alone.
Looking forward to a PC GGen with a more comprehensive scope in the future, similar to Overworld on PSP.
I just hope they actually put more effort into the story than none at all, if they do a crossover centric game next. Overworld's story barely existed.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Here it is, I guess. West version is only available on PC.

I'm still surprised that it's a "thing" in the west. Bandai could have just said let's release it in Asia and just not region lock it, but it seems to be more than that.

And Bandai just keeps making more and more money. I think that SRW V sold rather decently (even though it's region locked)

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still surprised that it's a "thing" in the west. Bandai could have just said let's release it in Asia and just not region lock it, but it seems to be more than that.

And Bandai just keeps making more and more money. I think that SRW V sold rather decently (even though it's region locked)
Bandai's slowly trying to undo its massive fuckups with the franchise at the beginning of the millennium. They've even teamed up with Crunchyroll to push non-Gunpla merch in the US and Europe, so them putting out games on PC outside of Japan is just part of that initiative.

BobZhn

Nov 17, 2017
SE Asia
Honestly, considering that all the Gundam sidestories that have story missions are either long out of print or never got legally released outside of Japan, the game has some value for that alone.

I just hope they actually put more effort into the story than none at all, if they do a crossover centric game next. Overworld's story barely existed.
I'm just waiting for a definitive version that I can collect and savour. At least the chance to play with ALL the Sunrise MS ever existed. To this end I'll give them some leeway, story quality wise.

Wonder if the new 3D animated battle scenes takes significantly more effort to author. I prefer the older rendered 2D sprites, they look more artistic.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if the new 3D animated battle scenes takes significantly more effort to author. I prefer the older rendered 2D sprites, they look more artistic.
The time sink is creating the art assets. Once you've got that, you can do whatever you want with them, like make Gundam Vidar look like it's DMC styling. It's probably a lot easier, honestly, since you don't have to create individual sprites for each stage of the animation, and with right pre-viz workflow, it's could be pretty quick.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
By the way, the game supports using custom background music:
File type: MP3
Codec: MPEG1Layer3
Sampling frequencies: 32000Hz / 44100Hz / 48000Hz
Bitrates: 32kbps / 40kbps / 48kbps / 56kbps / 64kbps / 80kbps / 96kbps / 112kbps / 128kbps / 160kbps / 192kbps / 224kbps / 256kbps / 320kbps

For this Steam version, you can put all the MP3s you want in a single folder that can be named anything as long as it's located somewhere inside the PC. The game will have a "Specify Destination Folder" option where you can insert the folder location.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great news.

I'm still gonna import the English Switch version but I'm glad that they're finally finding ways to get these games to western audiences.

Gonna start with either 00 or Iron Blooded Orphans story modes.