• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
What is even going on to the left of Parvati. The sharpness/AA artifacts in the first picture remind of Xenoblade on handheld. The chromatic aberration overload in this game will not do it any favors at lower resolutions, I fear.
I'd love to see this motion though. Pictures don't really tell us much. If they could make this run smoothly, I'll be impressed.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
OMG

I'm totally disgusted at how this Switch version of a game looks... Completely fine?
disgusted-woman.jpg

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fine enough for the Switch i think. Guess this will be one of the games featured in the next Direct.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm surprised you guys aren't used to people's hyperbolic statements about how bad switch ports look by now.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good to me. Looks better than the Switcher and Xeno 2, need to see it in motion to be sure.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Looks about what I expected. As long as it runs smoothly then the lower visual fidelity won't bother me.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This reads like a parody comment. "Raise your standards" you can't be serious lol

Games are constantly scrutinized, praised, or criticized over how they look, how they run, gameplay mechanics, game design, etc.

If someone were to defend a game running at 15fps on average. Would you chastise me for telling that person that they should raise their standards in regards to what they find okay when it comes to framerates?

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Buildings in the background of the first screenshot look very rough but the rest looks relatively awesome, especially the ship. More than good enough for me

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Looks normal! Really want to see some gameplay, but this one is almost guaranteed!

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oof. It's like I'm waiting for the rest of the textures to pop in and they just... Don't.
I suppose if you're accustomed to this it's not a bother, but even MK11 and Doom looked like better conversions by a mile.

Maybe the art style just doesn't translate as well when it's pared down, or maybe it's the open world factor, or whatever, but I suppose as long as it runs well that'll be good enough for a decent chunk of people.

The lack of a cartridge already sucked any interest I had though, so my horse isn't really in this race.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Games are constantly scrutinized, praised, or criticized over how they look, how they run, gameplay mechanics, game design, etc.

If someone were to defend a game running at 15fps on average. Would you chastise me for telling that person that they should raise their standards in regards to what they find okay when it comes to framerates?
Yes, if it feels fine to them the it is the most important thing. People did enjoy several N64 masterpieces like OoT or Golden Eye despite unstable framerates. The idea that they need "to raise their standards" is absurd. You can always have better resolution/framerates that the one you judge "good enough".

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, if it feels fine to them the it is the most important thing. People did enjoy several N64 masterpieces like OoT or Golden Eye despite unstable framerates. The idea that they need "to raise their standards" is absurd. You can always have better resolution/framerates that the one you judge "good enough".

I will concede that if someone personally thinks something is acceptable, they should obviously be allowed to feel that way.

My initial response was mostly due to how the post was clearly trying to downplay the more critical opinions expressed over these screenshots.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
As someone who initially laughed at the idea of The Witcher 3 ever coming out on the Switch I'm genuinely impressed that this game is coming out on the system.

It's never going to look anywhere near as good as the other versions out there but considering the fact that you can literally carry this anywhere with you and sit playing the game on a bus I think it's a hell of an achievement.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Everytime a switch port comes out

Tf do you expect at this point, and I don't even mean that negatively.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
"Raise your standars" is the most condescending thing I have read in time at ERA. And it has merit.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
I think I must be the only person alive who does not care about the visual fidelity so much. Like - I know it's an important part of the game - but just being able to play a decent version of it at all will be something for me, a switch-only owner.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I think I must be the only person alive who does not care about the visual fidelity so much. Like - I know it's an important part of the game - but just being able to play a decent version of it at all will be something for me, a switch-only owner.
You're not alone. I only use portables and am just happy to have these rpgs to play on my commute. Portability is the most critical feature a game can have for me.

nikatapi

Jan 11, 2018
Looks better than i expected to be honest. If it has a decent framerate i will consider getting it.
Imagine that i'm playing Witcher 3 on switch (with the graphics mods) while i have it on PS4 as well. Convenience is the key.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd give more consideration to criticisms of the visuals of Switch ports if they were something more substantial than the same variations on the lowtier shitposts we have reading for the last three years.

Also if they weren't disingenuous as hell.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
User warned: For driveby/low effort post
Can't wait to play at a buttery smooth 12FPS

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
frame rate and text size are going to be more important. Shit was barely readable on PS4
Text size on ports of rpgs and strategy games to a device that can work as a portable is definitely far more important to me. Both the Vita and the Switch have suffered with this once they started getting ports of home console/PC games.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Why does every naysayer poster here act like a Chad Warren, especially when it comes to highlighting graphical fidelity on the Switch compared to the PS4?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
No offense intended. But you should raise your standards if that looks completely fine to you in the year 2020
ItsšŸ‘ ašŸ‘ fuckingšŸ‘ portablešŸ‘

People dont think its fine becuase it clearly looks worse than more capable consoles and PC, the think its fine becuase they understand the compromises of bieng on a console that still looks nice while being a portable that has its limits. Year 2020 my ass.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Pretty funny actually that we are now back to games with n64 style textures after all this time.
But doesn't look as bad as expected, the game was not exactly a looker on consoles to begin with.