• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
8Cuum6Q.png

Here's one for y'all.
Guessed: Journeyman Project: TURBO!

I played the demo of this a billion times. Journeyman Project!

Hey, my brother worked on that game! Cool to see it here.

YqRK9C9.png

I've cropped the player out of this screenshot and just left the (gorgeous) skybox and a little bit of the scenery. Good luck!

Hmmm... Final Fantasy Explorers?

Last edited:

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Not quite, though you're getting closer. Anyway, apparently I misremembered what was in the screenshot as I actually cropped it ages ago, and the player isn't in frame, so here's the full screenshot:

oWZ3AuD.png

The white border is part of the screenshot (that might help in narrowing it down.)
Odyssey

Here's mine.
f846060c358370e48993f7a0ba9e9e0c--lip-bars-monkey-island.jpg

Starfighter

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, it looks like the interior of a ship no doubt. I have never played the Monkey Island games but I take it there are ships. :)

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lets give this one a try, not actually from a game i'd played but thought it might be fun!

(Click to enlarge)

Is that from The Dig?
Lets give this one a try, not actually from a game i'd played but thought it might be fun!

(Click to enlarge)

Is that from The Dig?

Hah! That's Sonic! "And the black knights" or something like that. Saw Gameinformer Play it on their Extra life stream this weekend.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is nr2 Persona 3 portable?
Persona 4 golden?
Katamari Damacy!?
Crap, I get the feeling I should know that one but the pink is throwing me of. P3 and p4 use blue and yellow respectively.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Is nr2 Persona 3 portable?
Persona 4 golden?
Katamari Damacy!?
Crap, I get the feeling I should know that one but the pink is throwing me of. P3 and p4 use blue and yellow respectively.

Yeah, come to think of it, it does look like something I've seen on the Vita, but the start/select buttons were throwing me off.
But of course, P4 had a PS2 release originally, do is probably that.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, 100% Monkey Island 2 SE. There's a monkey that plays that Piano.

Jojo,
latest

whom you hypnotize (via a banana on the metronome), which petrifies him and therefore turns him into a "monkey wrench"
latest

Which created a huge issue for the (otherwise brilliant) german localization team, as there's no such thing as a "monkey wrench" in german - so the solution of loosening / tightening the screw with the petrified monkey wasn't as obvious.
For a while, they were thinking about replacing the monkey wholesale (sprite and all) with a "british person" playing the piano, as a 'monkey wrench' is colloquially called an "Engländer" in german.

Sorry for the derailment, but i just love this anecdote.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
Jojo,
latest

whom you hypnotize (via a banana on the metronome), which petrifies him and therefore turns him into a "monkey wrench"
latest

Which created a huge issue for the (otherwise brilliant) german localization team, as there's no such thing as a "monkey wrench" in german - so the solution of loosening / tightening the screw with the petrified monkey wasn't as obvious.
For a while, they were thinking about replacing the monkey wholesale (sprite and all) with a "british person" playing the piano, as a 'monkey wrench' is colloquially called an "Engländer" in german.

Sorry for the derailment, but i just love this anecdote.

That's really interesing. Comedy really doesn't translate well, or without an effort.

Vivian

Oct 26, 2017
England
I know Odyssey gets slightly downgraded in portable mode, but I'm pretty sure it still looks way better than that.

One more hint: Most of the guesses have gotten at least the right system. The full screenshot is 400x240, the 3DS top screen resolution. The bottom screen has UI elements that would give the game away.