• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, someone else played this game lol. Correct :)
Using obscure Saturn stuff in this thread is almost cheating, ha.
I remember the game because I had a buddy who honestly thought it was amazing, he saved up his lunch money for weeks to buy it. I'd never seen him play it or even in a magazine, so when I finally spotted a copy in the local game shop for a few quid I snapped it up, to see what all the fuss was about. It was pretty freaking terrible imo, but it certainly didn't help that I'd just finished Shining Force 3.

Okay, here's mine.

era_by_silvergun_blue-dbufs0x.jpg

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
That's the first real game I ever owned and played. Gargoyles Quest. Watch the first levels. Screenshot happens at 13:00.

Correct, indeed! I'm actually surprised this one took so long because the game is hardly obscure. I loved the game in the day, too. Took me a few years to finally beat - always made progress when visiting my grandmother.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That reminds me of the horror games on Wii, Calling and Ju-On. But Calling didn't have a red phone and Ju-On had a newer kind of phone. Same thing with DreadOut, much newer phone. Hmmm... Well, perhaps it's a regional difference, so I'm going to guess Calling! Which would be funny since the word is in the screenshot.

Haha, I'll give it to you since you listed it. It's Ju-On: the Grudge
You're right though, it looks very much like the Calling in this shot.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Alright, here is one to get this thread into the new year:
whatcoulditbe72uf1.png

Correctly identified as
Metal Gear Solid 2

OP
OP
aerie

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Lets give this one a try -

gZV5bA8.png

Correctly identified as the Iron Keep from Dark Souls 2 by Premium Ghoul.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Most of the one I know are already guessed.
This thread reminds me of the game I play with my friends where I sent them pics of the game I'm playing but I only show the main character's asses(cause it's the thing you usually stare at the most)
This is a screencap of the game I'm playing right now. I cropped the image to leave out the MC because that would be giving it away(if this pic doesn't already.)
P6f6Ir4.png

edit: guessed by: The Woods

Last edited:
OP
OP
aerie

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the one I know are already guessed.
This thread reminds me of the game I play with my friends where I sent them pics of the game I'm playing but I only show the main character's asses(cause it's the thing you usually stare at the most)
This is a screencap of the game I'm playing right now. I cropped the image to leave out the MC because that would be giving it away(if this pic doesn't already.)
P6f6Ir4.png
I've never actually played it, but i'm fairly sure thats Mother.

Bonus, my fav famicom commercial -

Oct 28, 2017
I've never actually played it, but i'm fairly sure thats Mother.
Correctamundo! I should have made it harder by using any of the regular outside sections.
I watched that commercial yesterday too. It's great. Since then I've been trying to figure out what they are singing but I haven't figured out a few lines.
Here another game I played a ton of a few months ago. I think this one should be easy enough.
ZRMUTjO.jpg

7uXwOCV

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Let's revive this thread!

I have no idea what the last one is, so I'll just post a new image:

qTJuVoz.png