• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vivian

Oct 26, 2017
England
YqRK9C9.png

I've cropped the player out of this screenshot and just left the (gorgeous) skybox and a little bit of the scenery. Good luck!

TaurezAG

Oct 29, 2017
24 hours later and not even a single guess, so ill throw out a couple hints:

-From the latest entry in a series
-None of the areas featured in this screenshot are actually able to be interacted with
I initially thought it was that Wii U tech demo, but after those hints; is it Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash?

OP
OP
aerie

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

-None of the areas featured in this screenshot are actually able to be interacted with
I thought it might be Shadow Warrior, but that would be the second entry in the series. Hmmm....

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I initially thought it was that Wii U tech demo, but after those hints; is it Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash?

That gives me a Team Ninja vibe. Is it either DoA5 or NG3 (or any of their updates)?

I thought it might be Shadow Warrior, but that would be the second entry in the series. Hmmm....

Good guesses, but not the right ones :)

Cats

Oct 27, 2017

Looks like a fighting game backdrop, so either a soul caliber or maybe a tekkan?

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Looks like a fighting game backdrop, so either a soul caliber or maybe a tekkan?

Didn't see this before, but nope :)

Since we are now days past the original post and still no correct guesses, ill give a final hint that will probably give too much away but id prefer not to give the answer myself:

Cats, while your answer may have been wrong, your definitely on the right track.

Vivian

Oct 26, 2017
England
Ever Oasis? Never played that but it kind of looks like it has a similar look.

Is it perhaps Monster Hunter?

Both wrong :(

Another hint: This game has a day/night cycle, so a lot of people might have missed this skybox as it's only visible for a short length of time and only if it's currently night.

This skybox is used for two locations in the game (as far as I can tell.) This is the first area where you can see it; the second area has a large (and fairly distinctive-looking) building blocking the view.

OP
OP
aerie

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, i'll have to think a bit more on those hints Vit. It does look so familiar.

OP
OP
aerie

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It looks kinda familiar...but I can't put my finger on it... Is it an NES game?

Is this like Tobal?? It reminds me of Tobal but I dunno if that's right haha!

Ok here's one. Probably pretty easy if you're into old games and such.
http:///T68c.jpg
Legend of Kage :).

Here's one I believe it's a little unknown:

hqdefault.jpg
I know its a Saturn fantasy strategy game but i can't quite place it...