• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Screen Rant did a hilarious 'pitch meeting' for The Rise of Skywalker and Cats recently, and now they've done Star Trek. Thought some of you may get a good laugh out of it.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
It's funny, the nepotism/blessed bloodline angle didn't strike me the first time but after Rise of Skywalker, the theme is pretty blatant - Kirk basically gets into Starfleet because his dead was a war hero, despite overwhelming evidence he's not suitable.

I guess JJ Abrams, coming from a family of producers, just can't conceive of people climbing to the top any other way.

OP
OP
cognizant

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
My favourite moment is when they point out Spock has been bullied 35 times but the kids have never used a "yo momma" joke until now. Also Hemsworth staying on the ship because it needs to be manually controlled...only for him to put the ship on autopilot....

Fucking JJ!!!!!