• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

It's been moved to VH1, this finished filming and has been in limbo for about 2 years now. This is supposed to be a reboot ignoring the last two seasons of the show and actually features the original mask and voice actor for ghostface.

Comes July 8

Last edited:

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
The MTV show was really bad and i'm not even sure why I watched it. S2 was somehow even worse than S1. This doesn't really look any better though.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I actually didn't mind the MTV series that much, though it could barely be called Scream. As an unrelated horror show it was ok, and kinda crumby that it will never have a resolution.
I don't know about this new one tho.... eh whatever I'll watch it.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
The MTV series was fun, even if wasn't written well. Looking forward to this, especially since at 3 nights it doesn't particularly require that much of an investment.

84.gif

Murder mystery show rankings:

Scream Queens S1 > Harper's Island (Does anyone else remember this?) > Scream S1 > Scream S2 > Scream Queens S2

OP
OP
PanzerKraken

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The MTV series was fun, even if wasn't written well. Looking forward to this, especially since at 3 nights it doesn't particularly require that much of an investment.

84.gif

Murder mystery show rankings:

Scream Queens S1 > Harper's Island (Does anyone else remember this?) > Scream S1 > Scream S2 > Scream Queens S2

Have you seen any of Slasher?

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad they are rebooting but that means Brooke LIVES!

I'm excited for this even though it will probably be disappointing like the first 2 seasons.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
excited for this.

Ok saw the trailer. Paris Jackson?

Oct 27, 2017
God please give us a better protag than Emma. She was so fucking boring. This seems to have a largely black cast though which is cool.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Keen as, the first two seasons were a guilty pleasure. Hopefully they can maintain the vibes even tho my best gal Brooke won't be in it.

lunch

Oct 26, 2017
Thank God this is finally happening. I thought the first two seasons were stupid, so naturally I've been eagerly awaiting season 3 and I can't wait to finally watch it. Mary J. Blige!
Also I'm actually glad this is shorter because it probably means it'll have better pacing than the last 2 seasons
Yeah, the previous two seasons were too long for their own good, so six episodes sounds perfect.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I thought the first two seasons were mediocre, but a guilty pleasure for me, since I'm a huge fan of the film series.

Also pretty cool that this looks to be a predominantly black cast. I'm not used to Scream being this diverse. XD I like it a lot.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Why aren't they rebooting Scream on the big screen ? Stop with those mediocre series, Ghostface is so awesome, wasted potential....

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I wanted them to finish the original storyline.

I don't even know what the point of a season 3 if it's all different.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two of my main suspects are dead as doornails, and my 3rd one is already being painted as the killer, meaning it ain't her.

So I have got no fucking clue on who the killer is.

This is so much better than S1 and 2, it's ridiculous.

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
Woof, this was rough. I think this was way worse than season 1 and 2.

Usually I actually want people to survive but this time around almost everyone could have gone and it would be more enjoyable.

I figured out the Marcus/ Deion twist the first time (of many) that the text mentioned "who you are on the inside"

What a waste of Mary J Blige. I totally thought she was the killer and knew about the swap but geez, she was in like, 3 scenes.

I figured the other was J or Liv or both. I should have guessed Beth since she kept mentioning the horror movie rules and literally no one else was. Including the killer over the phone.

Keke Palmer was the best part of the season IMO.