• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lone

Mar 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA

From Bloody Disgusting and Discussing Film:

"We had told you back in September of last year that Spyglass Media Group was resurrecting Ghostface and the Scream franchise, and today brings a very, very exciting update.

Discussing Film is reporting that Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett, the two directors of last year's hit horror-comedy Ready or Not, will be directing "Scream 5"!

Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett make up 2/3s of the filmmaking collective Radio Silence. The group was behind the "10/31/98" segment of our own V/H/S, as well as the "Way Out" and "Way In" segments of our Southbound. The other member of Radio Silence is Chad Villella, who is on board to executive produce the new Scream alongside Kevin Williamson."

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I actually quite liked Ready or Not and think they could be the right group of people to do a Scream movie, so call me optimistic.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Scream 5 was about time travel or something.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ready or Not was lowkey one of the best horror movies last year. Such a brilliant script.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Love this series, hopefully their meta story will be something different though and not a repeat of the previous ones

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I kinda want them to leave it alone without Craven's involvement, but these guys are certainly good. You get a script by Williamson and I might start getting excited

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
The whole Scream series kind of came and went before I really got into horror movies (I just finally saw the first one maybe a year or two ago), but Ready or Not was my favorite movie of last year, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the first 3, but thought 4 was pretty terrible. Cautiously interested in this!

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting that they're calling it Scream 5 and not rebooting it. Maybe they want the cast back?
And yes please bring back Hayden Panettiere.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
After the trainwreck that was Scre4m I'm not interested.

Who's gonna be the killer now? A raccoon? Sidney Prescott's evil doppelgänger?

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that they're calling it Scream 5 and not rebooting it. Maybe they want the cast back?
And yes please bring back Hayden Panettiere.

She was the best part of the film and her death was so anemic in the film that I was sure she was going to come back. Really, the whole final act of Scream 4 feels like it was reshot to hell and it really sours the whole thing.

But Ready or Not was great so, sure, I'lll come back for more.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
What is the Scream Franchise even committing on/satirizing anymore? Its too obsessed with its own lore to be good anymore. I'm sure it'll be interesting and a nice paycheck for the director but this IP is done.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about it. I hope the trio comes back. Would love to see what the family is up to over 20 years later, and how they will react to this.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah! Over the past several months my girlfriend and I watched Scream 1-4 for the first time. Great flicks and a ton of fun.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Ready or Nott was great, so I will probably check this out when it comes. 4 was actually a really solid film, so I wouldn't mind if they continued from it rather then just rebooted everything.

If this is a continuation, please make it so that Kirby survived 4. Her fate was purposely left ambiguous.
This would be great, she was one of the best characters in 4.