• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is worse?

• Scrappy

Votes: 183 31.7%
  • Jar Jar

Votes: 394 68.3%

• Total voters

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I really never understood the Scrappy hate. He was a simple character like the rest of the gang and added another predictable step into the already predictable mystery solving structure.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Scrappy is easily forgotten, and is acknowledged as the worst in multiple incarnations of the franchise.

Jar Jar plays a starring role in 3 out of the 9 main movies.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've never understood the Scrappy hate tbh. It just screams of people hating any kind of change to me.

Jar Jar is racist as fuck.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Jar Jar was redeemed a bit in The Clone Wars, and Scrappy was never too egregious imo. Hard to call this one

Scrappy is easily forgotten, and is acknowledged as the worst in multiple incarnations of the franchise.

Jar Jar plays a starring role in 3 out of the 9 main movies.

He absolutely did not star in AotC or RotS, he had cameos at best

Jul 10, 2020
Jar Jar is fine. He's a talking rabbit meant to entertain children in a kid's movie.

I think alot of the hate the character got was misplaced, and the trauma that Ahmed Best went through because of it was really shite.

Jar-Jar is fine.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I honestly had no idea people hated Scrappy Doo until someone explained the ending of the first live-action movie. I never found him any more or less annoying than most cartoon characters. That was such a weird experience as a kid.

It's funny to think because cartoons are so meta right now and kids are conditioned to experience content with such a perspective, that Scooby Doo's ending wouldn't be as novel and bewildering to a young audience.

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019

Look, it was the '90s. Back then we thought kids wanted to bite through wax in order to get to their candy, ketchup would be tastier if it were purple, and Pepsi would be be healthier if was clear. Frenching Jar-Jar for that syrupy, sweet, bombad flavor was par for the course. We just didn't know better!

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't consumed enough Star Wars media to really vote for Jar Jar and I hated Scrappy when I saw him in Scooby Doo so I have to vote for him

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's Jar Jar by a suckable candy tongue.

jar_jar_binks_tongue_candy__png__by_autism79_de3a83s-fullview.png

"Suck my tongue, kids!" -- Jar Jar Binks
Kids! learn how to french kiss with Jar Jar!

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I liked JarJar. He's a silly alien rabbit-like character.

Scrappy is an abrasive asshole. This vote was easy.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Scrappy is annoying, but Jar Jar is an annoying racist caricature. So Jar Jar wins.....or loses in this case.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
My vote is for Scrappy. Kids love Jar Jar. At least mine did. They hated Scrappy.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Scrappy.

I endure Jar Jar to this day, and I don't love him, but his presence is …fine. When I showed The Phantam Menace to my own kids like 15 years later, they loved him and I kind of came to an understanding that he was not meant for my "serious Star wars fan" fanboy ass, but for new incoming fans like them. (I was early college age when the prequels came out, now a 42 year old father of two)

But Scrappy- as a kid of the 80s who loved Scooby Doo, and would watch whenever it was on, even then I wholly knew that Scrappy sucked. As a matter of fact, I just didn't feel like any of the, then, "newer" episodes that included him were really authentic Scooby Doo, and pretty much couldn't watch them. He was just such a cheap, imposter character to me. Only classic Scooby is do-able for me.