• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boy white supremacy sure is getting dunked on lately.

You hate to see it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
WOW. Holy shit. I thought for sure they would've ruled in Trump's favor. Seemed to me the idea that Obama's original DACA order was not on entirely legal footing was a solid one.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how much Obama-era orders/laws/orders are saved by one strong conservative unexpectedly growing a conscience/balls, starting with McCain saving Obamacare

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Roberts is decent 1 out of every 10 cases.

Still have to ensure Biden gets elected in November to save the court. Alito and Clarence need to fuck off ASAP.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Trump at press conference: (mumbling) It's a free country, the Supreme Court can do what they want... (sulks away unhappily)

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Don't forget the goal, RBG needs a liberal replacement. I feel like we're playing roulette with these rulings. Lucky for now but Nov election is so critically important. No one get complacent.
Yup - I'm actually not too concerned about say, this Supreme Court invalidating Biden-passed laws left and right, as I feel Roberts at least goes by a consistent rationale for even his more controversial decisions and doesn't just make shit up to fit his priors (Kavanaugh, Alito and Thomas are far more nakedly partisan in that regard). However, if RBG (or Breyer, who is also very old!) goes before she's able to be replaced by another liberal, I'd be far more worried.

Eyes on the prize.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I love how Trump's admin is so lazy and garbage they can't even be evil right.

0x03

Oct 25, 2017
Between this and the Title VII ruling, it's so nice having a break from the constant drip of misery this year has brought; however, does anyone else feel like Roberts is strategically casting himself as a swing vote, so that when the Court inevitably rules against abortion, he can feign impartiality? Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I will never put any faith in the conservative justices.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Makes sense - the president has wide latitude on immigration issues. And the original breaking news cited how arbitrary the removal was. Roberts I'm sure strained to find those issues so he could vote against the administration.

Would be a bold strategy for Trump to attempt to try it again. Ending a popular program like that and throwing millions of people out of the country when they only know the US. All the more reason he needs to be removed in November.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Positive ruling. Although we could have done without the Trump administration's decision to terminate DACA was not motivated by an intent to discriminate part.

Say what you want about Roberts, he's not going to rule for something blatantly unconstitutional.

The sanctity of the court is more important to Roberts than any political motivation.

OP
OP
Sr Kitsune

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
Makes sense - the president has wide latitude on immigration issues. And the original breaking news cited how arbitrary the removal was. Roberts I'm sure strained to find those issues so he could vote against the administration.

Would be a bold strategy for Trump to attempt to try it again. Ending a popular program like that and throwing millions of people out of the country when they only know the US. All the more reason he needs to be removed in November.
And in the middle of a pandemic, if they tried.