• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starlesbian

Unshakable Resolve
May 6, 2021
And people who confront him will be manipulated into believing that they're overreacting, that the sources are unreliable (hi trolls), and that nothing can be trusted so just let the status quo be the status quo.
The amount of times I've seen people on Twitter claim Alex has disproven the allegations when, for the record, he's done nothing remotely close to that bar a pathetic excuse for a response video that has since been taken down (clearly because it is such an airtight defence) is really disheartening.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Sexual Assault Allegations over a Series of Posts
Did they go to court and him getting convicted for this?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
The amount of times I've seen people on Twitter claim Alex has disproven the allegations when, for the record, he's done nothing remotely close to that bar a pathetic excuse for a response video that has since been taken down (clearly because it is such an airtight defence) is really disheartening.
This is what happens every time. The amount of people that say "every Vic accusation was already debunked" is insane.

The controversy of Scott having that other douche appear in his video simply doesn't exist, in that this is the only place discussing it.

NexusCell

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
And if the THQ Nordic 8Chan AMA is any indication, this'll be swept under the rug in a few months and those who try to bring this issue up here will get ignored or argued with.
At the end of the day, most people don't mind media made or published by "problematic" creators. You can try to bring up these things in topics but most people will ignore you because they like the content and the problematic thing they did doesn't really impact them. Honestly, most people's unsaid reaction to someone trying to bring up any controversial topic related to the creator would be "I don't care".

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
At the end of the day, most people don't mind media made or published by "problematic" creators. You can try to bring up these things in topics but most people will ignore you because they like the content and the problematic thing they did doesn't really impact them. Honestly, most people's unsaid reaction to someone trying to bring up any controversial topic related to the creator would be "I don't care".
Sad, but true.

The fact is, the vast majority of people really do not care about the people who create the media they consume, until it becomes completely unavoidable due to coverage it gets. This website is, honestly, an exception rather than the rule and, even then, I'd still say the vast majority of users on here don't care about it either.

Even a minor celebrity status, like a YouTuber, gives you not passive protection from any controversy but complete defence. Scott uploaded a video 6 hours ago, it has 403k views already.

Villa

Oct 28, 2017
Sad, but true.

The fact is, the vast majority of people really do not care about the people who create the media they consume, until it becomes completely unavoidable due to coverage it gets. This website is, honestly, an exception rather than the rule and, even then, I'd still say the vast majority of users on here don't care about it either.

Even a minor celebrity status, like a YouTuber, gives you not passive protection from any controversy but complete defence. Scott uploaded a video 6 hours ago, it has 403k views already.
Like with the slave labour involved in console production. None of us come out spotless with our purchases or choices in products and entertainment, but that doesn't mean we can't do more to improve things.

plufim

Sep 29, 2018
We're upset at Scott for working with an abusive shitbag. That's fine! Supporting an unrepentant abuser is certainly not great!

But I really don't think it is productive or fair to go after people who chose to work with Scott, but not Alax. If Spawn worked with Alax directly I could understand, but he's not doing that. And Antdude is on Spawn's show with Scott, its not even his show!

And christ, do some basic research before throwing out accusations. Rogersbase hasn't worked with Bitblock for years, and he isn't a damn Trumper, he volunteered for Bernie for goodness sake. Bitblock very specifically mocked him for this all the time

Last edited:

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah whatcha gonna do. I can't even boycott or unsub on account of never having heard of the guy before.
You need media and/or other internet personalities in order to cause a big enough stink to where he has to address it, and hopefully change his behavior. That only seems to happen when there's like a full blown pandemic. And inbetween those, these abusive creeps keep operating like usual, given cover and support by enablers like Scott, who gets cover and support by their stanning fans, and other youtubers.

But it's definitely worth doing some pushback whenever anyone provides a platform for an abuser like this RelaxAlax guy.
I can't take comments like this seriously and so, at least in the context of this thread, gravitate towards assuming they're meant to be jokes at the expense of the people who make these kinds of comments seriously.

But if you give a shit about how randos in this thread view you, you should probably clarify your intent with this comment.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The whole justice system - starting from the police & other involved parties involved in the investigation (if there, indeed, even is any) and ending with the courts - is infamously horrible towards abuse victims. Rarely does anything even go to court, let alone people get convicted.

Light-Cloud

Apr 3, 2021
The intent was "bad take" lol.

Dude aint coming back.

I don't understand why you're saying that their question is such a bad take. Alax does deserve to go to court, be convinced and ultimately rot in prison. It just sounds like they're asking if he was, seems like an pretty innocent question to me. Unless I'm missing something.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
This is pretty clear going by the recent video. In half a day it already has over 500k views and 43k likes, with 3k comments where there isn't a peep about the controversy.

The average viewer just isn't as concerned about "problematic" creators or content.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
This is pretty clear going by the recent video. In half a day it already has over 500k views and 43k likes, with 3k comments where there isn't a peep about the controversy.

The average viewer just isn't as concerned about "problematic" creators or content.

If not for era i wouldn't know a single thing about youtuber controversies honestly, even on discord servers i'm in i heard nobody talk about scott! The only youtuber i ever saw people talk about outside of era was projared

I wouldn't be surprised most people are still not aware of the controversies in general

Even on era you can miss these things, this thread is more than a week old and i only saw it today, but since i didn't encounter this controvery is still gave views for his two last video

Should i be more careful? Certainly, but i never go on social media and don't follow content creators there so usually i'm more passive and wait for something to pop up, otherwise i would have to check every week if everyone i'm subscribed to did something bad

That's really a shame cause i really loved his video

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
I don't understand why you're saying that their question is such a bad take. Alax does deserve to go to court, be convinced and ultimately rot in prison. It just sounds like they're asking if he was, seems like an pretty innocent question to me. Unless I'm missing something.

Most of the time these questions are drive by posts that doesn't bring something to the table other than posting something in bad fate. At least, that is how it seems to perceived. I do agree with you as well that we shouldn't assume something before it is clear that it was in bad fate.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
me like 2 years ago: "don't like any online celebrities/youtube people, it'll only ever disappoint you"

me shortly thereafter: "actually I dunno this Scott Woz kid seems alright, I suppose it's okay to like one online person"

me now: "actually I was right before"

There are some lovely online personalities out there. Look at Huber for example! But yes there are huge amounts of trash people out there too.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Most of the time these questions are drive by posts that doesn't bring something to the table other than posting something in bad fate. At least, that is how it seems to perceived. I do agree with you as well that we shouldn't assume something before it is clear that it was in bad fate.
It's called bad faith, FYI. And yes, I have a hard time taking anybody who's "just asking questions!" like that in any other context than bad faith.

It's a loaded question that means the same thing as "proof?" about 90% of the time people ask it.

NexusCell

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

It's not even just YouTube. There are plenty of actors and directors that have directly voiced their support for known rapists like Roman Polanski. If you think this support has impacted the careers or reputation of Wes Anderson, Darren Aronofsky, Alfonso Cuaron, Guillermo del Toro, Harrison Ford, Jeremy Irons, David Lynch, Martin Scorsese, or Tilda Swanson, I've got a bridge to sell you.

At the end of the day, unless the it's about work directly by the person accursed of rape/abuse, 99% of people can't be arsed to care if someone else collaborates with them.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
It's called bad faith, FYI. And yes, I have a hard time taking anybody who's "just asking questions!" like that in any other context than bad faith.

It's a loaded question that means the same thing as "proof?" about 90% of the time people ask it.

Oh its 100% a bad faith argument. If your response to a rape victim is "did this go to a court of law" you're 100% a piece of shit.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017

Because time and again, in countless threads around topics such as this, people come in and post something effectively saying "Did she report it and was he convicted over it? No? Then why are we judging people".

It's awful because it seeks to remove blame from the alleged perpetrator and it also ignores the utterly fucked climate that female rape charges exist in today where so few are reported because so few are actually pursued properly or investigated.

It's exhausting.

So in this case, a very thin "Did it go to court and was he convicted" with absolutely no further thought than that looks exactly how it looks, hence the reaction.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

Bruh, this person is posting in bad faith. It is really fucking obvious that they are using the lack on criminal court conviction as a shield to claim that these are just allegations and there is no reason to believe them. They have all the power to come here and clarify if they so choose and they had full ability to pick their words. They went with the number 1 just asking questions tactic used against victims of sexual assault.

Also post history.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
You're missing something. It's a loaded question that's asked in bad faith all the time that's intentionally followed up with "No? Oh, so this isn't a story then".

Light-Cloud

Apr 3, 2021
Because time and again, in countless threads around topics such as this, people come in and post something effectively saying "Did she report it and was he convicted over it? No? Then why are we judging people".

It's awful because it seeks to remove blame from the alleged perpetrator and it also ignores the utterly fucked climate that female rape charges exist in today where so few are reported because so few are actually pursued properly or investigated.

It's exhausting.

So in this case, a very thin "Did it go to court and was he convicted" with absolutely no further thought than that looks exactly how it looks, hence the reaction.
Bruh, this person is posting in bad faith. It is really fucking obvious that they are using the lack on criminal court conviction as a shield to claim that these are just allegations and there is no reason to believe them. They have all the power to come here and clarify if they so choose and they had full ability to pick their words. They went with the number 1 just asking questions tactic used against victims of sexual assault.

Also post history.
You're missing something. It's a loaded question that's asked in bad faith all the time that's intentionally followed up with "No? Oh, so this isn't a story then".

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to cause offense if I have done. I see where everyone is coming from now. I agree that just because somebody didn't go to court it doesn't necessarily mean that they're innocent and I don't believe for a second the Alax is innocent. I just wanted to give the poster the benefit of the doubt because I like to think that most of the people on this website are good people. It's why this is the only place I'm active in any way. Thank you for taking the time to make me understand.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to cause offense if I have done. I see where everyone is coming from now. I agree that just because somebody didn't go to court it doesn't necessarily mean that they're innocent and I don't believe for a second the Alax is innocent. I just wanted to give the poster the benefit of the doubt because I like to think that most of the people on this website are good people. It's why this is the only place I'm active in any way. Thank you for taking the time to make me understand.
Well, thanks for being open to an explanation. Honestly. And for what it's worth, your query was a lot more transparent in its honesty.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

Oh reading my post it sounds meaner than it was meant to. I gotta use less profanity in general. Did not mean to come across poorly. It is just frustrating when you see those types of drive by posts due to the way sexual assault cases are handled. I'm good if you're good.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah its harder to see this kind of question your first time. I was active in the Vic (Anime VA) rape topic and a common drive by defense users would give before eating a ban was asking if he was ever convicted and if he was not should not be getting fired from VA gigs. More often then not these people will post once then not again so reporting is the best option so they cant keep using the account.

Solid post, might steal this one

Thanks, took me longer then I care to admit to get the wording right 😂

Feel free to use it

giphy.webp

Light-Cloud

Apr 3, 2021
Well, thanks for being open to an explanation. Honestly. And for what it's worth, your query was a lot more transparent in its honesty.
Oh reading my post it sounds meaner than it was meant to. I gotta use less profanity in general. Did not mean to come across poorly. It is just frustrating when you see those types of drive by posts due to the way sexual assault cases are handled. I'm good if you're good.
Yeah its harder to see this kind of question your first time. I was active in the Vic (Anime VA) rape topic and a common drive by defense users would give before eating a ban was asking if he was ever convicted and if he was not should not be getting fired from VA gigs. More often then not these people will post once then not again so reporting is the best option so they cant keep using the account.

See, I was right, most people here are good people. I don't feel like I would have gotten such understanding responses anywhere else. I'm good. Thank you all.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
The whole justice system - starting from the police & other involved parties involved in the investigation (if there, indeed, even is any) and ending with the courts - is infamously horrible towards abuse victims. Rarely does anything even go to court, let alone people get convicted.
Thank you for taking the time to explain how it is. Not like those mongrels who came salivating and attacking. The question is like it is asked and it was just to know if the person was convicted because I don't know anything of this story.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
This is my theory.

Scott knows Alax and there's a good possibility that Alax has told him that she's lying. Scott therefore stopped following her and reading her messages.

Scott is either believing Alax hasn't done anything or is being ignorant to it.

I'm staying subbed to Scott but I won't be able to see him the same as before I think.

Scott is obviously actively trying to avoid conflict which sadly both the most cowardly and smart thing to do.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to explain how it is. Not like those mongrels who came salivating and attacking. The question is like it is asked and it was just to know if the person was convicted because I don't know anything of this story.

Calling other members of the forum mongrels is a bold strategy, there

This is my theory.

Scott knows Alax and there's a good possibility that Alax has told him that she's lying. Scott therefore stopped following her and reading her messages.

Scott is either believing Alax hasn't done anything or is being ignorant to it.

I'm staying subbed to Scott but I won't be able to see him the same as before I think.

Scott is obviously actively trying to avoid conflict which sadly both the most cowardly and smart thing to do.

I think that this explanation is very likely. Scott just wants this oversight of his to blow over so that he doesn't have to deal with it

Every time I see his name from now on I'll be mentally rewriting it as "Scott the Coward"

Zor

Oct 30, 2017

What difference does knowing if the person was convicted or not make? The OP is full of anything you need to know about the situation.

This is SO specific a response, in line with ALL the ways myself and others have outlined about it typically being a red flag, that you can't blame anyone for having this reaction.

Of all the possible things to post about to learn more, that specific question being the thing you ask? Alarm bells.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I haven't gone through this thread but ive been wondering this for some time now.

How did Scott the Woz get so big on YouTube? What does he offer at all?

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
What difference does knowing if the person was convicted or not make? The OP is full of anything you need to know about the situation.

This is SO specific a response, in line with ALL the ways myself and others have outlined about it typically being a red flag, that you can't blame anyone for having this reaction.

Of all the possible things to post about to learn more, that specific question being the thing you ask? Alarm bells.
Yes as I would love the person to be found guilty if he really did it.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
if he really did it.

#metoo taught us nothing...
I remember telling people close to me when some creepy shit happened to me from a mutual friend/acquaintance of ours(thank God it wasn't rape but a gross and uncomfortable situation) and even they looked/sounded like they wantes to put their fingers in their ears.

No one wants to hear it... Yet so many have stories to tell...

I haven't gone through this thread but ive been wondering this for some time now.

How did Scott the Woz get so big on YouTube? What does he offer at all?

Charming, well spoken, owns lots of games and like 7 WiiUs, and talks a lot about Nintendo games haha

Last edited:

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
"...if he really did it".
Ok let me explain, i do no believe it's fair to convict someone off the bat when someone sais something, this shit has to go to court. WHY?! because I have seen this shit happen up close a cousin of mine accused her bf or raping her.They went to court for over a year, we all believed her, eventually things were not adding up and she admitted to have invented it all. I will always believe a woman, because not every case is like that obviously an many times women are not believed. You guys all seem I want to discredit the accusation , im not I SIMPLY asked if he was convicted at first. NOT inciting it was a lie or anything. Having went through what I did YES i can give a person wether man or woman the benefit of the doubt. jeez

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Ok let me explain, i do no believe it's fair to convict someone off the bat when someone sais something, this shit has to go to court. WHY?! because I have seen this shit happen up close a cousin of mine accused her bf or raping her.They went to court for over a year, we all believed her, eventually things were not adding up and she admitted to have invented it all. I will always believe a woman, because not every case is like that obviously an many times women are not believed. You guys all seem I want to discredit the accusation , im not I SIMPLY asked if he was convicted at first. NOT inciting it was a lie or anything. Having went through what I did YES i can give a person wether man or woman the benefit of the doubt. jeez
My condolences about what happened in your family. That is definitely rough.

To clarify for you what the others are trying to say: The idea is that we should listen when a woman accuses a person in a position of power, since they are putting themselves at risk to do so. For example, RelaxAlax could sic his followers on his accuser, harassing her endlessly (doxxing, death threats, etc), so it takes great courage for her to raise such an accusation. Now, yes, obviously women can still lie about these things -- history has some horrifying examples -- but usually they really are victims, and their claims should be heard. We don't want to create a chilling effect where victims feel like they can't come forward, and if the accused person is under scrutiny, it might prevent them from abusing other people in the future, as well.

Last edited:

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
My condolences about what happened in your family. That is definitely rough.

To clarify for you what the others are trying to say: The idea is that we should listen when a woman accuses a person in a position of power, since they are putting themselves at risk to do so. For example, RelaxAlax could sic his followers on his accuser, harassing her endlessly (doxxing, death threats, etc), so it takes great courage for her to raise such an accusation. Now, yes, obviously women can still lie about these things -- history has some horrifying examples -- but usually they really are victims, and their claims should be heard. We don't want to create a chilling effect where victims feel like they can't come forward, and if the accused person is under scrutiny, it might prevent them from abusing other people in the future, as well.
This is true, but its very well likely that Scott takes a very similar position as the poster you are replying to. Statistically speaking, it is very well likely that RelaxAlax is guilty. But people do lie, its rare. Very very very very rare, but it does happen. There are reasons for people to lie about rape. It happens. Scott was very clearly presented with some kind evidence that RelaxAlax is guilty, but he was also likely talked to by RelaxAlax. Without conclusive evidence, he probably wrote it off.

It's important to "believe women", but I think most of us agree that believe women means to take all allegations extremely seriously, but it does not necessarily mean the accused party is guilty.

Scott probably believes the same.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
It's important to "believe women", but I think most of us agree that believe women means to take all allegations extremely seriously, but it does not necessarily mean the accused party is guilty.

Scott probably believes the same.

How serious is he taking them if he doesn't even acknowledge the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.