• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
Are the characters that different from one another(i.e. are any better than others)? I only played as Scott back in the day, and when i played like 10 minutes of knives, she seemed mostly the same.
At low level all the characters are pretty much identical. It's only once more moves get unlocked that the differences start to appear.

Blufunk

Jan 1, 2018
I hope it will be like the Streets of Rage 4 situation who got a physical release in Europe with another editor because LR shipping costs are too expensive.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
As someone who bought the game at launch and still has it installed on his PS3, I'm curious if the greatest mystery of this game has yet been solved: why is Ramona running around in her undies?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How's Switch performance? I don't have NSO at the moment so I'll probably not go online anytime soon. Also, is this music of poor quality? I read that it's hard to hear.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
How's Switch performance? I don't have NSO at the moment so I'll probably not go online anytime soon. Also, is this music of poor quality? I read that it's hard to hear.

Only two stages in but the Switch performance seems perfect to me. I played it both handheld and docked and it looked fine with no issues.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also did we ever find out about whether Knives requires logging onto Ubisoft or something? I've seen conflicting reports.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Watching friends play the PC version online. How did they mess this up so badly? It's completely busted.

They just tried simulating a local coop game through parsec and it's 270% better then the actual online game option.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Definitely saw an invisible enemy on stage 1, right around the snowball fight section. Don't remember that happening in the original.

Also did we ever find out about whether Knives requires logging onto Ubisoft or something? I've seen conflicting reports.

We still need confirmation on this. I don't have her unlocked by default on the Xbox (just the original four plus Wallace). So either she needs to be unlocked some other way (like the other hidden character), or it's an Ubisoft thing. There's no way I'm getting one of the physical versions if there's going to be online locks on the content.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last question: Music's supposed to be awesome but I hear the sound mixing is terrible, so it sounds very tinny and low quality. Any comments so far?

So far only on Switch.

Yes. I played three hours on Xbox last night, was fine. I started a new Wallace and when I went back to local story mode he was the same level he left off at.

Ah, that's lame.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
We still need confirmation on this. I don't have her unlocked by default on the Xbox (just the original four plus Wallace). So either she needs to be unlocked some other way (like the other hidden character), or it's an Ubisoft thing. There's no way I'm getting one of the physical versions if there's going to be online locks on the content.
Knives was unlocked for me once I beat the first boss on Xbox.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

This is weird, I had her on xbox and don't have any ubisoft info on my xbox.

Hippo_PRIME

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the game with Scott. Still no Knives unlocked. Looking like Ubisoft remaining scummy.

That aside, absolute adore the game. So much good nostalgia from the original and I'm enjoying it so much. On to Wallace!

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game with Knives, no performance problems for now, just...some weird "line" at the center of very few stages, like a very small rendering error but that can be ignored easily.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is the PC version online a mess as well? I have it on EGS. Planning to play it with friends online today.

OP
OP
Tiny Hawk

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Bryan dropped this bit of info on Twitter earlier. I hope one day we get to see what they had planned for the game.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I was going to potentially double dip on this with Xbox and the physical Switch version, mainly for having that in my collection (plus dat soundtrack) but now I'm wondering if I should wait a bit. Seems like people are having different experiences with content and online on same platforms. Still awesome to see this back.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the PC version online a mess as well? I have it on EGS. Planning to play it with friends online today.
It's a mess offline too, at least on my setup (rtx3090, ryzen3900X). It stutters and skips around so bad that it made me nauseated. I think it's missing some sound effects too, but maybe they're just too faint to hear with the how quiet the sound is mixed. I hope the console ports are better.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
This version seems a bit buggier to me. I've had invisible enemies, stages refusing to scroll and terrible sound mixing. The sound mixing is really disappointing as it was one of it's best features before.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tested out the first level online with a friend on PS4. Our connection at least felt pretty stable, but we tend to not have issues playing each other. Hope they can iron the issues people are having out though.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone played this with a fight/arcade stick? I plan on doing this for the old school arcade feel.

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
All of the complaints in this thread are the opposite to my experience. I've had zero problems in terms of bugs/glitches in neither the PC nor the Switch version.

I had a horrible experience playing Online with randoms on my Switch but playing with friends worked flawlessly.

I'm having tons of fun and the game's working perfectly fine on my end.