• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
As a beat-em-up, how does the game compare to the likes of recent output like Streets of Rage 4 or River City Girls?

The game looks more River City Ransom to me than anything else.

It is very RCR, which was pretty notable 10 years ago when we didn't have as many retro-inspired indies or new Kunio content.

I always felt like it was a pretty average-to-solid RCR clone that got a bit too easy near the end when you were leveled. But the game's animation and soundtrack are so good that it makes up for the gameplay's shortcomings.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes. Have such good memories of this game. Torn between Switch or PS4/PS5 on this one.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely buying this. One less Xbox 360 game I don't have to play on that console anymore.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Thought they added that with the Wallace DLC in the original? So it should be in this.
The Wallace Wells add-on had it, which is included in this bundle. Unless they stripped that part meaning, meaning it's not really as 'complete' as they say
Fucking in

Assuming it contains exactly what was in the last-gen version, it should have it since it was in the Wallace DLC pack

Oh wow- I had no idea! This makes it a day-one for me, easily.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Its upstairs on my Dead PS3... And soon will be mine.

I'll probably double dip if physical gets announced. Never want it going away again.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool for people that want it I guess, but I remember not enjoying this game at all at the time. I have also grown less fond of the movie as well as the years have gone by.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why, but I never even thought of the possibility of this coming to Switch, so I'm pretty hyped for this now!

Being the poster child for shitty digital download practices after getting pulled for so long, I did kind hope it would get a physical release, but oh well. Hopefully they learned their lesson and got the rights locked down correctly.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm soooooooooo happy.

I'm definitely going to try and get this on multiple platforms. Xbox is a lock for sure! I've missed this game so much

Costa

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fantastic pixel art and amazing music a good game it doesn't make. Glad to see that this is no longer gone forever (especially if there ends up being a physical release) but people who have been hyped up for it and never played it before might want to keep their expectations in check :P It's a pretty basic brawler that requires some level grinding. It's a decent multiplayer experience at the least.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I fucking hate Ubisoft, if I can get a LRG of this game, I will buy 3 copies for the PS/Xbox/Switch combo and never look at their fucking games again.

I just need LRG to come through. PLEASE.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I remember this having great retro visuals & music, but being pretty unbalanced as far as gameplay goes.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never got to try this due to the delisting but I'm excited to get my hands on it. Kind of lame they're skipping Steam but that seems to be a Ubi thing in general right now. I know the Wallace pack added online co-op back in the day but the lack of even a mention about it here has me slightly worried and Steam Remote Play would've helped alleviate that a bit.