• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Metacritic (PS4) (75)
Metacritic (XB1) (78)
Metacritic (Switch) (79)
Metacritic (PC) (75)
OpenCritic (79)

Generación Xbox (9.3/10, review in Spanish):
Ubisoft proves here that the best can be improved. The new modes, the ability to play online and keep the game as it was in the original version and only adapt it to the new generation is an absolute success. And in case someone wonders if the game is enjoyable even without knowing the character, or the comic, or the movies, from now on I tell you that yes, it is a great beat'em up in every rule and that you can enjoy without prior knowledge, although of course, knowing more about the story I think it is much more appreciated. In addition, the film is excellent wherever you look at it, so you would be doing yourself a favor by watching it, but right now.

TheSixthAxis (9/10):
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Complete Edition remains an excellent game. With the whole game and DLC bundled together, this is the definitive package for fans of the franchise and of beat 'em ups in general. There's a lot to be in lesbians with here, from the stellar soundtrack to excellent moment to moment gameplay. It's clearly an utterly unique labour of love from a talented group of people (who happen to work at Ubisoft).

GamingTrend (90/100):
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: the Game is one of the best modern beat-em ups, despite a lack of much competition in the genre. It's gorgeous visuals and amazing soundtrack complement its surprising depth in combat perfectly. Scott Pilgrim is back, and hopefully here to stay.

PlayStation LifeStyle (9/10):
No matter what, Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game – Complete Edition is the perfect hit of nostalgia. Whether you pick it up digitally or treat yourself to any of the physical goodies on the way from Limited Run Games, this game isn't a cult favorite without reason.

Worth Playing (9/10):
It may be a little over 10 years old, but Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Complete Edition remains a top-tier title for beat-'em-up fans. The changes and improvements made over the original River City Ransom formula make it a tight game that feels rich in its genre, while the presence of online play resolves the main criticism in the original title. Those who have played the game before will enjoy that it's portable on the Switch, but those coming in fresh will find this to be a gem on a system that's already flush with excellent beat-'em-ups, both past and present.

SomosXbox (9/10, review in Spanish):
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World - Complete Edition is a side scrolling beat-em-up, similar to Streets of Rage. It has a unique soundtrack and very well done artistic and graphic work. This is a really enjoyable game to play. Although it has some bugs, in general it is a very polished game. It includes several new features compared to its 2010 version, including an online mode that still needs to be refined. Otherwise it is a game that must be played.

PlayStation Universe (8.5/10):
The landscape of the beat 'em up genre may have altered in the ten years since Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game first released, but its return is wholly welcome. A wonderful compliment to the graphic novel series, and a stylish throwback to the delightfully gaudy brawlers that boomed and bloomed loudly in 90s arcades. Add friends for maximum impact.

Nintendo World Report (8.5/10):
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Complete Edition is still an incredibly polished and fun beat 'em up that has truly stood the test of time. While it's slightly annoying that playing with the other characters requires you to replay entire levels and that the online features and a full playable fighter are currently locked behind Ubisoft's ridiculous server sign-in, in the end this is still a great title deserving of its re-release.

Cultured Vultures (8.5/10):
A truly fantastic beat 'em up that's been brought back from the dead, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game - Complete Edition is utterly sublime.

Hobby Consolas (80/100, review in Spanish):
10 years after its original release, Scott Pilgrim vs The World is still a great "retro" brawler, full of pop culture references, and incredibly fun in multiplayer (local or online, coop or versus) up to 4 players.

Shacknews (8/10):
I'll say it plainly. I love Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game. I loved it 10 years ago and I've only come to appreciate it more since. I identify with Stephen Stills as talented, but also very sleepy, so I delight in being able to play as him in a game again. Yet for all of my love, it definitely has a tedious grind that might annoy people that aren't into River City Ransom-style beat'em-ups. That said, with or without the movie or comics it's based off of, I'd still consider it one of the best-in-class of side-scrolling co-op brawlers.

Attack of the Fanboy (4/5):
There may be no new content besides the previous DLC being included, but Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - Complete Edition takes what was already a really fun beat 'em up and makes it all the more accessible to a whole new generation of gamers.

Windows Central (4/5):
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition is still fun to play. It's a solid 2D beat em up with lots of charm and a sweet soundtrack, but there are better games in the genre since its 2010 debut.

Daily Mirror (4/5):
It leans hard into its comic book and video game influences but also has some clever tricks up its sleeve, which is why it's aged so well and still feels fresh to play. The game can be frustrating and chaotic at times, and difficulty can be all over the place but grab some friends and you'll fall in lesbians all over again with this brilliant, resurrected classic all over again.

TrustedReviews (4/5):
Fans of classic brawlers really can't go wrong with Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game – Complete Edition. It's gorgeous, satisfying to play, and has a positively banging soundtrack from pop/rock band Anamanaguchi that stands the test of time wonderfully.

Nintendo Life (8/10):
Those of you looking for the next Castle Crashers or Streets of Rage need look no further, as Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition is a great beat 'em up for your Switch. Bombastic presentation and crunchy combat gameplay make this one enjoyable from start to finish. Though it can feel like it runs a bit short and the difficulty spikes can be rather intense, we'd give this one a strong recommendation to anybody looking for a fun, short game to play in co-op. Let's just hope it sticks around for longer than four years this time.

DualShockers (8/10):
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game Complete Edition still rocks years later with little change to what made it great in the first place.

Press Start (8/10):
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Complete Edition brings together everything that was lost all those years ago to dreaded licensing issues to remind us of why we missed it so much. It's a fun and quirky beat-em-up, though the lack of online in all the modes offered feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.

Pure Xbox (8/10):
While its early difficulty may deter some people, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game's complexity and how it opens up makes for a highly enjoyable experience. It's felt like an eternity since we've seen this title on our Xbox systems, and having a Complete Edition with touched up visuals and all previously released content is an absolute treat. Whether you're a fan of the series or a newcomer to the genre, there's something here to enjoy, and it's a reminder of why so many fell in love with the original game all those years ago.

Spaziogames (7.8/10, review in Italian):
If you're a fan of the character or of beat 'em ups and pop culture in general that didn't have a chance to try this title, this is your second chance that must not be wasted.

IGN Italy (7.4/10, review in Italian):
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Complete Edition is certainly an original scrolling fighting game, thanks to the reference imagery. However, games like Battletoads and Streets of Rage 4 have proved that the genre has evolved a lot in the past ten years, while the gameplay built by Ubisoft does not always shine or work at its best.

God is a Geek (7/10):
Scott Pilgrim vs the World: The Game - Complete Edition may not be on a par with Streets of Rage 4 and co, but playing with friend makes it a much better experience.

Hardcore Gamer (3.5/5):
Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game – Complete Edition is an enjoyable throwback to beat 'em up games and having access to the game with all the DLC after its several year hiatus is a welcome return.

GamesRadar (3/5):
Both an incredibly faithful take of the Scott Pilgrim story, as well as a frustratingly inconsistent beat-em-up that is elevated by the art style and soundtrack. While it's great that fans news and old have a chance to rediscover its quirks, it's by no means a forgotten masterpiece.

Digital Trends (3/5):
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game — Complete Edition is a much-needed re-release that faithfully preserves the long lost original. The outdated beat-'em-up combat and light features may not live up to fans' almost mythological memory, but just being able to find that out is a victory in its own right.

Last edited:

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Complete Edition remains an excellent game. With the whole game and DLC bundled together, this is the definitive package for fans of the franchise and of beat 'em ups in general. There's a lot to be in lesbians with here, from the stellar soundtrack to excellent moment to moment gameplay. It's clearly an utterly unique labour of love from a talented group of people (who happen to work at Ubisoft).

And here's the big problem. I absolutely want to play this game as I love the original. But I really, really, REALLY do not like supporting Ubisoft right now :(

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
I don't suppose any of those collector editions they annouced earlier this week comes with digital codes do they? I wanna play this now, but those CEs won't be arriving anytime soon lol

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Did they rebalance the early game? Because this game starts off SLOW and takes a long time to build up your characters to do fun shit.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
curious about the pricing of it. Uplay has yet to enable pre orders, so i'm imagining it's not happening.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I feel old as fuck when critics are calling this a nostalgia trip. I swear this game came out like two years ago.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Wait a second, I was under the impression Ubisoft wasn't involved with the remaster... Don't know why.

I guess I will skip this.

Ubisoft Montreal and Chengdu co-developed, and Ubisoft is publishing.

Though essentially this is the same game as the original for PS3/360 w/DLC. All that happened is Ubisoft got the rights back to publish it.

If you want to feel less bad, Limited Run Games is doing a limited physical release of the PS4 and Switch versions, that way you can support an actually good company, though part of the money will in fact go to a shitty one.

I think I might just bite the bullet when it goes on sale. I hate supporting Ubisoft, but I definitely like supporting Bryan Lee O'Malley and Anamanaguchi.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Though essentially this is the same game as the original for PS3/360 w/DLC. All that happened is Ubisoft got the rights back to publish it.

If you want to feel less bad, Limited Run Games is doing a limited physical release of the PS4 and Switch versions, that way you can support an actually good company, though part of the money will in fact go to a shitty one.

I think I might just bite the bullet when it goes on sale. I hate supporting Ubisoft, but I definitely like supporting Bryan Lee O'Malley and Anamanaguchi.
They are doing an Xbox One physical release also.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i really hope they fixed the grinding. i remember that you had to grind for a few hours, until you unlocked the most basic moveset that made the game fun. before that, characters were way too slow and every enemy takes way too long to kill.

Oct 27, 2017
They produced and developed the original game so it'd be weird if they weren't involved, unfortunately.
Yeah. I thought the creator who created Scott Pilgrim got the rights and was rereleasing it on their own but I was mistaken.

Yeah I can understand.

It is a really messy situation because the game fully deserves it's sales but then you got Ubisoft who I just can't support any more. I bought anything from them since the allegations came out.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
I remember the PS3 had some performance issues in the later levels. Are those fixed?

really looking forward to playing this again with my wife.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Only thing I was watching for was any bugs. I'm so in.

Definitive brawler for me.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait, is this coming to PC? I can't find a digital copy anywhere.
Uplay and epic, its not on steam. (At least to my knowledge since I can't find a page for it on steam but I can on epic and uplay) and you'll have to make or have an uplay account to play online apparently (saw someone say this on a YouTube review for the switch)

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Uplay and epic, its not on steam. (At least to my knowledge since I can't find a page for it on steam but I can on epic and uplay) and you'll have to make or have an uplay account to play online apparently (saw someone say this on a YouTube review for the switch)

I thought the original announcement mentioned steam, I must be getting old.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
I personally never felt the grind was that bad and once you get going you can really turn yourself into a god, bordering on invincible.

I'm looking forward to replaying this.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I'm actually a bit surprised at the reviews, I thought the game might feel archaic today (remember that this predates the major growth in the indie/digital sector, as well as a lot of the retro styled games therein). It looks like it's hitting people's nostalgia instead. Excited to play it again, it's been quite a while.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Is Knives still overpowered?
I remember she had the best default striker, faster movement speed than everyone else and her special attack 2 is flat out gamebreakin
You can literally spam it against every encounter in the original once you unlock it

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Knives still overpowered?
I remember she had the best default striker, faster movement speed than everyone else and her special attack 2 is flat out gamebreakin
You can literally spam it against every encounter in the original once you unlock it
This was my biggest regret never actually buying this back on the 360 (college friend had it so we would all play on his account locally)

Never got to try any of the DLC characters, always wanted to try Knives out. Now I can!

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll be buying this again. Maxed out all the characters and even bought the DLC. Had a great time with it.