• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Also, it's already Limited Run Games' highest grossing release of all-time. After 3 hours in a 6-week long preorder period.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Bought the Digital on Switch for portability, but I bought the Complete/Middle Tier edition for PS4. So glad to have Scott Pilgrim Back!!

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought it for £7 digitally on my Series X so I was more than happy to grab the physical Switch version, too.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The typical Switch owner buying games for their console:

tenor.gif

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to see such an update after a few hours. I hope he will keep us updated.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This is the second Limited Run game I have purchased after Fata Morgana, couldn't pass up that Classic edition.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Good stuff. Bought it digitally on PS5 but went all out and spent almost $400 on LRG stuff for the Switch version

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The secondhand market for Switch physical games is pretty crazy. Not surprising at all.

Plus this is a great game!

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Unsurprising. People have been clamoring for this re-release for like... ages.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Regular Run Games
Not So Limited Run Games
Congrats You're Just A Publisher Now Games

etc

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'd love to buy in but as usual Limited Run releases are above what I'm willing to pay. Hopefully Best Buy gets plenty of extra stock

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never understood the degree of hype for this game (maybe you have to be a fan of the license) but it's nice to see a 2d beat 'em up with a Canadian setting doing well.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Pretty great. I like to see it.

I pre-ordered today because I'm interested in playing the game again (never beat it on PS3) but also swamped enough that I don't mind waiting for this to arrive.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh i know its not that serious - its just you read this phrase so often here when it comes to sales achievements regarding Switch...its funny.
I can't say I follow switch threads that closely, but I will accept my role as a meme lol.

What I'm referring to is the secondhand market for physical (especially limited runs) being popular, so naturally a chunk of these are scalpers. Scott Pilgrim physical for Switch is $65 on eBay right now. A friend who is more into this scene than I has shown me indie games I've never heard of going for hundreds of dollars.

Definitely a testament to the dedication to physical many Switch owners have.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It makes sense, this is one of the more infamous "lol get fucked you can't buy this anymore" titles. I'm sure a lot of people want to get a physical copy just in case the same thing happens agaim.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can imagine people jumped on physical so that they wouldn't face the title being delisted like on previous consoles.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say I follow switch threads that closely, but I will accept my role as a meme lol.

What I'm referring to is the secondhand market for physical (especially limited runs) being popular, so naturally a chunk of these are scalpers. Scott Pilgrim physical for Switch is $65 on eBay right now. A friend who is more into this scene than I has shown me indie games I've never heard of going for hundreds of dollars.

Definitely a testament to the dedication to physical many Switch owners have.
Oh yeah i understand that the aftermarket for Switch games is huge. Though i wonder, why are people buying or selling the games from ebay right now when you still can place an order on LRG ?

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it for switch too. Accidentally lmao. Wanted the PS4 version.

Oh yeah i understand that the aftermarket for Switch games is huge. Though i wonder, why are people buying or selling the games from ebay right now when you still can place an order on LRG ?

Maybe international shipping?

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I should clarify, the ebay orders look like preorders now that I actually read it. Still well above retail for the base edition. I assume they are listed now to take advantage of whenever stock does run dry.

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
I feel like if the movie came out now, it would be much more popular.

It was actually supposed to be re-released last fall to coincide with the tenth anniversary, along with a 4K Blu-Ray release. I believe even though it's delayed now there will still be a limited theater run per last update from Wright!

But also, totally agreed- the humor and kinetic style was ahead of its time.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be one of those many by the end. Never got a chance to play it originally and will not miss my chance again!

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Can we please consider this a major fuck up from Ubisoft? Why isn't this game in stores right now across the world as a €20-€30 retail version? They could have had all the profit instead of licensing it out to a boutique distributor.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
if only the physical version was made by Ubisoft themselves, so I could live in peace imagining I'd be able to get a copy for me in a later date...

but happy for the new nonetheless. Hope this is how they get the message of how this game should had been handled at first place

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
it's like if you actually listen to the fans you reap in a lot more money(outside of all the legal stuff of course). Humph weird logic I know. Seriously good to finally see this happen. I preordered so quick.

KC-Slater

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Can we please consider this a major fuck up from Ubisoft? Why isn't this game in stores right now across the world as a €20-€30 retail version? They could have had all the profit instead of licensing it out to a boutique distributor.

They make more money off of digital sales. There is less overhead, and it mitigates the risk of them sitting on a bunch of unsold inventory. I don't think they fucked up.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
They make more money off of digital sales. There is less overhead, and it mitigates the risk of them sitting on a bunch of unsold inventory. I don't think they fucked up.

The retail versions would cost more, which you couldn't do with a AAA release, they should and could make the same per copy sold. There are obviously a lot of people even willing to wait to go physical, so that money could be theirs right now padding up their fiscal year when there is nothing else releasing from them at this time and a few of their bigger games underperformed. This would have never made up for that obviously, but it would be a bit of money coming in. As to overstocking, they could to a limited run, pun intended, but with the option of reprinting, which they don't have here.