• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
www.axios.com

Scoop: Biden announcing COVID task force on Monday

Joe Biden prepared to announce COVID task force Monday

Joe Biden plans Monday to name a 12-member task force to combat and contain the spread of the coronavirus, sources tell Axios.

Why it matters: By announcing a COVID task force even before unveiling his senior White House staff or a single cabinet appointment, Biden is signaling that addressing the coronavirus will be the immediate priority for his transition, and then his potential administration.

• While Biden still hasn't declared victory in Tuesday's election, his team is already planning to govern, and he and his advisers want to reassure the country they can address a health crisis that's getting worse, not better.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
If Fauci is on that list, Trump will fire him immediately. I'm sure he'll be part of the task force but it's not a good idea to announce his involvement now.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017

I mean this quite sincerely: I think Larry Hogan should say more specifically what he would like to work with Biden on, rather than just saying what Biden should not do.

I agree with the takes that all the moderate Republicans who backed Biden really need to talk about what they want so we can start transactional negoiation, and not talk about what they don't want/should be off the table.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
First thing he should probably do is ask your citizens to stop partying like there is no virus, because when I look at videos of various US areas...boy, I fear your situation is going to get MUCH worse. Y'all need to party with your housholds and not in mosh pits.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Fauci must be so happy he can move his office out of the broom closet.

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
Than you President Biden! The sooner we defeat this thing, the more lives we can save and the sooner people like my parents can finally go outside and enjoy the sunlight not confined to their backyard.

7aged

Oct 28, 2017
Can he do anything during the transition? A president-elect has no executive power

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
I do not like Birx... she made my shit list at that first press briefing with all of the companies.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
I figure Fauci is getting fired Monday so I'm sure he'd be a part if so

In short, he does not.

Technically, the president of the United States cannot directly fire Fauci, let's say by a tweet, mainly because he is not a political appointee. As a career federal employee and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984, Fauci is protected by federal civil service regulations that shield him from being fired or demoted for political reasons.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
...meanwhile, our current President:

trump-golf.jpg

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What's the advantage in going with Fauci? Is there a lack of people who are fit for the job? Seems like it would be better to go with a new face. Let the right start their smearing campaign from scratch.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I would be shocked if Fauci isn't on this task force. Fauci is very popular and he's a crucial resource. Birx was a Trump bootlicker and can go piss off.

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
Curious to see how well Biden & co can get this contained (aside from the vaccine), considering nearly half the country thinks masks are infringing on their rights, and a good chunk are also anti-vax.