• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I don't like how verbal Scooby is nor do I like that awkward licking joke. The rest looks fine and the animation is lovely.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I'm fine with the art style etc., but when did "teasers" start being two and a half minutes long?

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I can't believe I'm just now realising the Dooby <-> doobie link.

Also the greatest mystery were the friends we made along the way.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Man all those voices except Scooby-Doo sound really off from what I would expect. Will Forte's Shaggy especially.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Art style and animation are amazing ... interesting that it has much more Blue Falcon and Dynomutt references than I expected

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
This feels... odd. Like, visually it presents great, but while it's tongue in cheek, the narration vs what actually happens is kinda dissonant for me. I wonder how much the
Blue Falcon reveal will actually go down with people. I'm pretty sure there's a good chunk of the Scooby Doo audience, particularly younger ones, that have never heard of never mind watched Dynomutt. Yes, I know there was the recent DTV film, but still. It is gonna seem weird to a lot of people

Also Shaggy's voice actor unfortunately sounds more like a guy trying to do a Shaggy impression, at this stage.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the rumors about this actually being a Blue Falcon movie where the Scooby-Doo cast barely appears are true, this thing is going to flop hard.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Uhhh so when did Scooby-Do pivot from weird people in costumes to what appears to be actual super-natural stuff like spaceships?
Wasn't crazy about the teaser anyway, most of the jokes didn't quite land for me.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, guess the leak was real, which means this is actually more of a Blue Falcon + Shaggy and Scooby Doo movie...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This feels... odd. Like, visually it presents great, but while it's tongue in cheek, the narration vs what actually happens is kinda dissonant for me. I wonder how much the
Blue Falcon reveal will actually go down with people. I'm pretty sure there's a good chunk of the Scooby Doo audience, particularly younger ones, that have never heard of never mind watched Dynomutt. Yes, I know there was the recent DTV film, but still. It is gonna seem weird to a lot of people

Also Shaggy's voice actor unfortunately sounds more like a guy trying to do a Shaggy impression, at this stage.
this movie is supposed to be a wider introduction to the Hanna Barbera stuff. it'll be fine

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
That looked pretty good. Looking like Blue Falcon and Dynomutt might play an integral role in the film's plot.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That looked pretty good. Looking like Blue Falcon and Dynomutt might play an integral role in the film's plot.
here's the plot

Tale this with a grain of salt but somebody may or may not have leaked the plot on 4chan when they went to an early screening

''Shaggy and Scooby meet when they're kids in Venice, CA. Shaggy has no friends but meets Scooby Doo (and names him). On Halloween they meet the rest of the gang also as kids and they solve their first "mystery" in a spooky old house that turns out to be a front for a guy stealing electronics equipment. They all become friends and there's a montage of them beating a bunch of the classic monsters from the show and getting the Mystery Machine (still as kids, weirdly), then we jump to today.

Fred hires a business analyst named something Epstein (weird) who tells them Shaggy and Scooby are dead weight and they don't help the team. Everyone agrees with him and Shaggy and Scooby storm off to go bowling (which they say is where those two always hang out and they're really good at bowling. Don't remember that from the show). Then a bunch of cute robots attack and Scooby and Shaggy get abducted by a huge ship which turns out to belong to the Blue Falcon and Dynomutt. Only it's not really the Blue Falcon, it's his son voiced by Mark Wahlberg who has taken up the mantle after his dad retired. From this point on it's basically a Blue Falcon movie that Scooby and Shaggy are in. He's a loud mouth idiot who makes a ton of mistakes and is a coward but learns to be a hero in a very MCU way. Dynomutt is played by Ken Jeong and is stiffer and nerdier to make them more of an odd couple.

Blue Falcon needs Scooby because Snidely Whiplash is looking for him. It turns out that Whiplash wants him because Scooby is the ancestor to Alexander the Great's dog and he's the only one who can open the GATES TO HELL which are full of treasure. To do this they need to find the three skulls of Cerberus which are actual giant dog sculls. Muttley is implied to be dead for most of the movie, but it turns out he's trapped in hell from the last time they tried to get in there. To replace him, Whiplash has a bunch of robots that are basically the Minions. The film was unfinished and had a lot of placeholder effects. One of the robots had R2-D2 noises. A lot of the voices aren't finished and had other voices for large sections of the film. I think John Dimaggio was a lot of them.

Blue Falcon turns Scooby into a superhero with a costume and gives him accessories like his "D-bag" full of dynamite that he stores in his "A-hole" which is just a hole on his belt, but when he tells Scooby this he actually starts to put it toward his asshole. Blue Falcon also asks Shaggy if he's seen Entourage and says that he's Scooby's Turtle. A lot of the humor is dated pop culture references and terrible jokes. Blue Falcon dabs. They also say things like "for reals" and "hangry".

Fred, Velma, and Daphne are barely in it and spend most of the movie driving to the end fight in the Mystery Machine and sneaking around Whiplash's giant ship. They also make a joke about how if you steal from Netflix by using someone else's password you're evil.

They find out the gates of hell are in Greece and on the way there they get lost in a prehistoric island with dinosaurs where they fight Captain Caveman voiced by Tracey Morgan. He's not really a caveman though, he says he's from Sheboygan. There are a few other small nods to Hanna Barbera characters like Magilla Gorilla's pet store, but no other characters show up. It's not the Hanna Barbera-verse movie a lot of people think it is. Again, it's a Blue Falcon movie that has the Scooby gang in it.

When they finally make it to the gates of hell they have to fight Cerberus and Snidely finds Muttley who it turns out has been trapped in hell for years. Then Scooby or Shaggy have to stay behind because that's how the door works. Shaggy stays behind which sends him back in time and he builds a statue in ancient Greece that tells everyone how to save him. They unmask Snidely Whiplash who turns out to be the Epstein guy from the beginning. Then they unmask him again and it turns out to just be Snidely Whiplash.''

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Oct 27, 2017
Uhhh so when did Scooby-Do pivot from weird people in costumes to what appears to be actual super-natural stuff like spaceships?
Wasn't crazy about the teaser anyway, most of the jokes didn't quite land for me.
It seems that WB doesn't trust scooby feature films (animated or CG) to stick with a normal mystery and they add supernatural stuff to it

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun, definitely something my kids will love. Why didn't they have Matthew Lillard do Shaggy? Hasn't he done all of the cartoons since the live action movies came out? Love Will Forte but not feeling that voice.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Looks cute. I'll probably check it out. But I can't get with Shaggy's voice. He sounds so off. Really wish they went for Lillard.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it does well so we can get a Funky Phantom movie

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not to sure on the celebrity voices and humor, but it's looks good at at least. I also like that they maybe building up other HB properties in universe.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I really don't get why they didn't go for the main voice actors.

I understand that you want to sell the feature based on the voice talent, but it's simply bizarre.

At least Scooby is played by Frank Welker though.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

1985 was when 13 Ghosts released
--
I'm also bummed that Lillard wasn't Shaggy. I hope that, for the digital release, they do like a re-dub or something.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I can barely remember the cartoon from when I was a kid but I'm not a fan of how talkative Scooby is - I remember him being much less articulate which made sense for a dog who could kinda talk. Art style is nice though.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Blue Falcon needs Scooby because Snidely Whiplash is looking for him. It turns out that Whiplash wants him because Scooby is the ancestor to Alexander the Great's dog and he's the only one who can open the GATES TO HELL which are full of treasure. To do this they need to find the three skulls of Cerberus which are actual giant dog sculls. Muttley is implied to be dead for most of the movie, but it turns out he's trapped in hell from the last time they tried to get in there.

WHAT???