• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017
This made me think of the pill commercial scene in Watchmen

And also Real life commercials in my dreams.. which would be literally hell.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
I get to make a Sliders reference for the dozen of us who remember.

pic06big.jpg

This was a good episode. They needed more like this.
Also that guy in the middle... is...
7a91c91a-bfd8-41dc-9f00-017d8301d43c.jpg

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Meh, I discovered this years ago. I've talked to people in their sleep and got responses since since I was a teen.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wait less than half of tests they answered once correctly, and one of the questions was a true or false question? I feel like they couldve just gotten lucky with those results lol

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
If you've never had a lucid dream or anything close i'd say it's worth taking the couple of months to try and train your brain for it at least once in your life. At least to get your recall up to a point where you remember multiple full dreams every night (if you don't already).

Some inspiring shit locked up in there.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon will invest in this technology for those who work at their warehouses, making sure they're productive even while they sleep. :(

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Stuff like this reminds me always of the black mirror episode where people are stuck in their head and perceive time way longer

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
"Answers were given through eye movements or facial muscle movements agreed in advance. Across 57 sleep sessions, at least one correct response to a query was observed in 47 percent of the sessions where lucid dreaming was confirmed by the participant."

So less than a 50/50 chance of getting even 1 question right, with some of the questions being yes or no, where the signal can be blinking or moving an eyebrow... Okay.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
There's just something sinister and "they only thought if they could, not if they should" like in that line about how we'll be able to achieve certain goals while sleeping. Like, that could mean good things (i.e. the mentioned help to mental health issues), but we all know that ultimately we can't even have sleeptime in this capitalist hellscape that is just for our relaxation, but to be the most efficient cog in the machine we must spend even our time of sleep to better ourselves to be our most productive selves when we are awake, to the profit of billionaires.