• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Newer schools are designed by the same people who make prisons. They are made with thick to withstand natural disasters and keeping kids safe.

Hence, cell phone signal is shit.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What emergency besides a school shooting or a natural disaster would students need a cell phone?

Oct 27, 2017
At least they are shooter proof?

There's only one way in and out. At the middle school, which was just built a few years ago, you have to go through the office to enter the rest of the building. The other ones you have to go by the office but I suppose you could go running past the office windows.
All of them have a resource officer or whatever they're called.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been able to get a signal in my kid's grade school, middle school, and now high school. I assume it's because they're built like a brick shithouse. Really thick, sturdy, brick walls.

Isn't the main reason schools are built like that is to withstand natural disasters and the spread of fires?

Oct 25, 2017
There are certain places in my classroom that I can go where I know I will get a signal

Otherwise it is dicey

Unfortunately for this thread one of them is right in front of the windows

Jul 18, 2018
Does your child's school have Wi-Fi? I know a lot of high schools have wifi for students. Can easily use that to communicate instead

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Boy am I glad to live in a portion of the world where "shootings" is the very least of your concerns regarding schools. The US is such a fucked up alien place, I swear...

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
The point is, no one knows you're in there, you don't know how safe it is to leave, if it's safe at all, how are you supposed to call someone to let them know where you are or to figure out if it's safe yet?
A PA call, announcement from police, first responders and staff checking all areas after the situation is clear, etc. There are, sadly, lots of procedures in place that account for someone not having immediate cell access.

Status
Not open for further replies.