• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you overturned the 2A and banned all guns how would you enforce said ban
It would never work. There's too many guns. There's too many people who would rather shoot out their windows at the people trying to get them than just hand them over, and 90% of the police force wouldn't enforce it on white people.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
"We're glad you're safe kids. Now, keep those hands up where I can see them."
D5_6xS2UEAAZ2we.jpg:large
This says it al (to people who care about their children). Wow, this is depressing to see. And knowing this will be forgotten tomorrow.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
It would never work. There's too many guns. There's too many people who would rather shoot out their windows at the people trying to get them than just hand them over, and 90% of the police force wouldn't enforce it on white people.
You don't ban guns outright one day to the next. You gradually increase restrictions and offer a good compensation for every gun handed in. Lots of people will have moments where they're in need of cash and may just as well hand in that useless thing in the basement.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Huh? What does that mean? Surely not that there were 115 mass shootings in one year in the U.S. alone?
There's a "mass shooting(I think defined as 3 or more shot)" nearly every other day in the United States, most don't make the news unless it's a particularly high count or something like a school or workplace, but if it's just in a home or whatnot it's probably not going national.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Four or more people being shot is classed as a mass shooting. There's been 115 times four or more people have been shot so far this year.
There's a "mass shooting(I think defined as 3 or more shot)" nearly every other day in the United States, most don't make the news unless it's a particularly high count or something like a school or workplace, but if it's just in a home or whatnot it's probably not going national.

That's absolutely insane. 115 times......... We're not even half through the year.

Last edited:

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just remember that more guns could have solved this. /eyeroll

Untogether

Oct 29, 2017
Huh? What does that mean? Surely not that there were 115 mass shootings in one year in the U.S. alone?

Of course. The general definition of a mass shooting is 4+ victims, at roughly the same location, at roughly the same time.

Last year (2018) the USA had 323 mass shootings by the above definition, where 387 were killed and 1,274 were injured. Three of those were at schools.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Of course. The general definition of a mass shooting is 4+ victims, at roughly the same location, at roughly the same time.

Last year (2018) the USA had 323 mass shootings by the above definition, where 387 were killed and 1,274 were injured. Three of those were at schools.
Of course? That's mind boggling where i'm from.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I know right. I'm 32 years old, so I think Columbine was around when I was middle school / high school.

I'm so glad I'm done with that shit. Fucking war zones in these schools.

Yeah, I feel the same way. One of the main reasons I won't move back to the U.S. with my family to be honest.

It's incredible that the country and politicians just let it continue like this. I am 33 and I remember when I was 12 years old, the Heath County school shooting happened in my hometown. I was living in the neighboring city of Metropolis at the time and remember seeing the funeral procession a few weeks after the shooting. That image still sticks with me.

Columbine happened a couple of years later, got a lot more media exposure and it feels like it has just been snowballing since then, especially in the last 10 years.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its impossible to ban guns. There's simply far too many of them.

It's not impossible, only lazy people who are indifferent to the murder of children and the innocent think that.

Just need to get the 2nd amendment changed, greatly increase restrictions and offer a buyback system. Won't change overnight, but the less guns the better. Even if it takes 100 years, it'd be worth making the changes now.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely a Columbine anniversary thing. People are sick, man. I hate that damn event with all my soul. It "inspired" so much evil.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
More guns, more dead kids.

Here's some fun facts from our friends at the Small Arms Survey.

American civilians own 393 million guns. That's 4% of the world's population owning 46% of the world's guns. That's 3 times as many guns as the combined stockpile of the entire world's armed forces. American civilians own more guns than those held by the next highest 25 countries combined.

American civilians own 100 times more firearms than the US military and nearly 400 times more than US Law Enforcement. In one month, May, 2018, US citizens bought 2 million guns, which is double the amount held by every law enforcement authority in the US combined. In one year, 2017, US citizens bought 25.2 million guns, 2.5 million more guns than every law enforcement agency in the world combined.

More, more, more.

Good grief, what am I even reading... this isn't protecting some second amendment that's open to legal interpretation, this is madness.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
It's not impossible, only lazy people who are indifferent to the murder of children and the innocent think that.

Just need to get the 2nd amendment changed, greatly increase restrictions and offer a buyback system. Won't change overnight, but the less guns the better. Even if it takes 100 years, it'd be worth making the changes now.
Yes. Like in ALL other countries where they did this.
Please be more progressive USA, rational and reasonable. You have so much potential.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Students are talking online about the other shooter that the media won't name. If true, it gets worse than merely being a Democrat. Not that Republicans need an excuse to be assholes.

what does this mean? Can you explain further or post a link.

The other shooter is apparently under 18. How "political" can you be at that age? Most people don't really have a fully formed political mindset at that point or just adopt one from their parents.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.

Not impossible, and I wouldn't generalize everyone who thought it was as "lazy people who are indifferent to the murder of children and the innocent". Live in the US, I'd substitute lazy for hopeless.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
If more guns made people safer the US would be the safest country in the world by a substantial margin. I can't believe people make that arguement, how dumb and deluded can you be?

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I can't believe how normal this is starting to feel

The sad truth about all of this, is that as long as Republicans (GOP) are still getting money from the NRA, they won't give a shit about this or give a damn about anyone but themselves.

The only way that they'll start caring, is if it happens to one of their own. Then they'll be sounding like hypocrites in the end.

Oct 27, 2017
The sad truth about all of this, is that as long as Republicans (GOP) are still getting money from the NRA, they won't give a shit about this or give a damn about anyone but themselves.

The only way that they'll start caring, is if it happens to one of their own. Then they'll be sounding like hypocrites in the end.
As was pointed out earlier, a republican congressional softball game got shot up and Republicans didn't give a fuck.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Don Lemon said it best tonight....we (parents) are just playing the odds now...

As a father of a 5 yr. old that is goddamn horrifying.

It's become such a fear of mine.....

This fucking country.

RIP to Kendrick Castillo, he's a hero.